1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Sheridan: LeBron to Cleveland a 90 percent done deal.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Geronimo, Jul 9, 2014.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Another thing to think about is the Cavs salary cap situation. Who/what will they be able to put around Lebron other than draft picks? Lebron+Kyrie making the max, where does that leave them, unless they can do a sign & trade? Kyrie is pretty much on a "mini max" deal, like Harden, so maybe that gives them some additional room. If they sign Lebron outright, I don't think they'll get their MLE or BLE. It seems to me that their future would mostly depend on Wiggins becoming the Cavs new Chris Bosh. Even if he does, it's not likely that will happen the first year.

2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Look into the history of Cleveland sports and it may give you something to think about. They've had it rough since the early 60's.

I have a couple of close friends(Diehard Cleveland sports fans) from
    Ohio. They want nothing to do with the man they call LeFraud. Will be funny when they're back on the Kings wagon in a few months.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Cleveland is like the ultimate underdog, as a city, it's turning into a wasteland, its sports teams have had nothing since Jim Brown in the pre Superbowl era.

You actually can feel bad for people because they're in Cleveland, and then if you've been there (even half a day was enough), you realise you really should feel sorry for them.

Miami on the other hand, is full of well, that c word.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao. You guys acting like Cleveland won't be talented enough with Irving, Wiggins & LBJ. Why exactly? Does he need 2 other bonafied superstars to win another ring. I thought he was the King? Top 5 GOAT? Yet you guys make it seem like he NEEDS a allstar cast around him to win a ring. Fans are idiots nowadays

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jordan never won a ring without having a two other all star players next to him and 3 of his rings came with 2 hall of famers next to him.

Kobe never won a ring without multiple all stars around him.

Duncan has never won a ring without multiple all stars and multiple hall of famers around him.

The only player in the last 3 decades that has won a ring being the only allstar or hall of famer on his team was Hakeem's first title run.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Its not often you see a post where every sentence is incorrect. Kudos to you.

7. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Good news is when he announces he is staying in MIA, the Cleveland fans won't have any LBJ jersey's to torch this time.

....and we will get some more Dan Gilbert troll entertainment!!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Please tell me which of Jordan's rings didn't feature a player that would go onto the Hall of fame and at least one other player who was an All-star.

Please tell me which ring Kobe won without another all-star on the team.

Please tell me which ring Duncan won without another player on his team that either is or will be in the Hall of Fame.

Kudos to you in advance.

9. conquistador#11

what's the other 10 % ? why not 100%? reminds me of 6 minute abs.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but didn't the BBall Gods already reward Cleveland with 3 lottery No.1 picks and maybe even more in recent years?

Everything evens out but there won't be injustice.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

*even itself out

12. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Thompson and Waiters make around 9.5 million, add that in with wiggins and you could trade for love.

That's the best offer cleveland would get easily, and this is the lineup you would end up with:

Kyrie
    Allen
    Lebron
    Love
    Varejao

Pretty good if you ask me

13. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

The Detroit team had no stars just role players

14. mag

mag Contributing Member

The difference is that MJ made players around him super starts. LJ is looking for super starts to help him look like MJ. Big difference.

So far, I have not seem LJ make anybody around him look like a star.

15. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

He's a tool, Woj/Amick or nothing!

16. afk

afk Member

Guys, it's Cleveland! Lets say the "90% done deal" is true.. They'll find that 10% to screw it up.

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Cleveland has proven to be horrible at drafting and adding quality FAs. Just because there is a lot of hype around Wiggins does not mean he will be a great player. Kyrie is a good young player but he wouldnt even make the All Star team in the west, he is not a top 5 PG in the league, barely top 10. On top of the the whole team is young. So you put together a history of crappy drafting and FA signings to go with unproven young talent and you can see why people are hesitant to believe he can win again in Cleveland without some help.

But go ahead and keep dumping on Lebron like he should be able to go to any team and automatically start winning.

18. likestohypeguy

Until it's actually announced, all I want to know is what is the deadline? The latest possible date he has to do something by?

19. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Is the following possible for Cleveland?

1. Sign and Trade Irving for Melo.

2. Trade Wiggins for Love.

3. Sign LBJ.

20. tnopham

tnopham Member

I don't see the point in this. Only because you have 2 players that play the same position and if they were on the same team, ideally you would have one of them play PF, the position Love plays.