1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. NotChandlerParsons

Because of his contract, we have to pay somebody else to take him. It doesn't make sense to do if we aren't doing anything else with the cap space.

2. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Because he is going to have to give up assets to get someone to take Lin, which he would rather not do until he has a deal in place.

3. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Morey better decide what to do with Lin. There are rumors that Jackson try to dump contract and he is talking with the Sixers. Not sure if it is correct but from what I read if the Sixers take on the contract of Amare, they could not take on the contract of Lin .

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

What in the world could the Knicks give that would make the Sixers take on Amare's contract? If Lin requires a first rounder to move, what would Amare require? The Knicks have nothing worth that.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I just don't understand why you would completely disregard what he says based on who he supports when he's actually quite informative. I've read his posts on other subjects and he makes sound points, but when he's discussing Lin he turns into some blight on the board?

he certainly contributes more than those who bait LOFs and trash the other coaches/bev/harden/etc.

I don't disregard or act in a supercilious manner when my friends who go for the spurs/heat/bulls make a comment on the rockets. you should actually listen to the content of what he puts forward, if he says "Lin#1 why u no ballhandler over harden fk haren fk mcfail" then you've got a point, but you're barking up the wrong tree with torocan.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I understand that, but the Rockets will still need to acquire talent who may be useful for us down the line, or in a trade instead of standing pat. Melo, Lebron and Bosh aren't likely to come here.

7. Neped

Neped Member

Now now Panda23, we all know most of the people on clutchfans are not "sticking needle in the jl voodoo doll. Most clutchfans such as yourself wish Lin the best and hope he suceeds wherever he goes and tears it up in the league, except for when he plays against the Rockets. Am I right? :rolleyes:

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Having to include a number one pick for someone to take a player off your hands after two years of mediocre play is terrible. No, it's not okay.

Why don't you saunter back over to the Knicks boards or Linsanity.com or something. Before you leave though, cherry pick us some more Lin stats to prop him up... maybe there is a GM with a little cap space reading the board.

Incidentally, if there are any LOF voodoo dolls for sale please hook a brother up.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You were expecting us to have Lin for his two cheap years then be able to get great value for him when he has one year 15 million remaining? How much did you expect from him?

Especially in a league where almost half of the top total 50 players in the league are point guards, did you really feel teams will be all up in arms for an average point guard owed 15 million after his current team got him for his two cheaper years?

If we are able to flip him while also giving up a first, it's still a great deal for us considering we got him at a bargain price for two years (Asik too) and we essentially let those two go before their final year balloon payment for a superstar. It's absolute genius by Morey if he can pull this off

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

im not even having a go at King1 he thinks Lin is a mediocre player which he is, but you can be damn sure there are people that want Lin to fail to spite LOFs, I've gotten quite a bit of hate-rep simply because I think you should judge lin on soley his basketball abilities (or lackthereof) and not how many JLFAN5EVA fans pissed me off today

11. Exel

Exel Member

Lol, you're so predictable. If you don't care what he says, why do you keep responding to his posts? Just so you can keep telling you him you don't care or do you like calling him a LOF/Knicks fan?

Why don't you just put him on ignore? He obviously don't give a crap about what you think about him. It'll save you time and probably reduce your stress level a lot.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we can trade lin to Brazil for neymar

13. coffeelover665

Why would they do that? Defense is already a problem

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I think we should just send all our 2nd tier players packing and just land that 3rd star. Bye bye Parsons and Lin....you're good guys but...

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because they need to package assets, trading Lin with picks is getting worse than nothing so unless there's someone to fill that cap space, we lose.

As compared to Asik, who provided a valuable asset.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neymar wouldn't give up the ball to mo Williams . Mo would have to knee him in the back for that to happen

17. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

I can understand regarding not to waste assets, but shouldn't we start looking for another good cheap PG by now, though I'm not sure who is available. Bev and Canaan may not provide enough depth for the next season, even though Canaan has shown potential. Unless suddenly Rondo comes into the picture..

Damn the raptors for keeping Lowry.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we do end up trading Lin, DJ Augustin would be a excellent replacement to sign for MLE.

Augustin averaged 15 points, 5 assist, 2 rebounds, a steal and under 2 turnovers a game this season while shooting 42%, and 41% from beyond the arc. He played 61 games averaging 30 minutes for the Bulls this season.

Augustin's advanced stats are better in every category compared to Lin's except rebounding and blocks.

Lin advanced stats
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01.html#all_advanced

Augustin advanced stats
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/augusdj01.html#all_advanced

19. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Jameer Nelson on vet min deal would be 'ideal'

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member