1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The money paid to Lin over the life of the contract was pretty reasonable. The
    poison pill makes this season's payment worth more than his on court play dictates but Lin is still a bankable commodity if only for his popularity with Asian fans. Is he slightly overpaid this year? Yes. Is he a bad contract? No.

The Deron Williams deal is like 10 levels worse. Your not going to lose money or games solely based on Lin.

2. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

i dont think lin is a bad player, but his contract is bad. Im sure lin still got some untapped potentials, he was brought here as a pnr pg, havent seen a lot of that this past 2 years, but rather a ton of him playing out of position. He is more efficient and playing better than last year, but his contract does not justify his production.

Past 2 years showed that Mchale or Morey just doesnt have much faith in him, whether its his inconsistencies, or turnovers, or bad decisions, or home run hitter mentality. He was on a short leash but that is understandable if your coach doesnt trust you. Coach rather have Beverley because they know the type of production he will bring and know what to expect.

I wish him the best with whichever team he goes, the Rockets shifted hard on the direction when Harden and Howard came, he took the back seats and handled things with class and didnt pout like Asik. I like the guy. But NBA is all about talents, business, and ultimately, a championship. Unfortunately Lin is not there yet, nor does he has the talent to be a championship level franchise player. he is getting more attention than him and his talent deserves, which understandably is where a lot of criticism came from.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Haha, I think that really is his source.

For anyone unsure of bballaholic, he also posted with absolute certainty that Romney would win the election a few years ago. He since signed up with this new name, as he lost the other name as part of a bet when Obama won (quite easily). This is his shtick.

2 people like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

In hindsight Lin was not a good signing. He has been up and down and played poorly in the playoffs.

Having said that, he hasn't been a disaster and his contract isn't a disaster.

Would the Rockets rather just have the cap space and not Lin? Yeah, but with what players are getting in guaranteed money, it isn't THAT crippling to move Lin. My guess is a future protected #1 and maybe a #2.

5. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

This. Best way to summarize Lin's situation I've seen all year.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Not quite sure if it matters if he's a rockets fan. even if you assume he has an agenda he's still one of the more informative posters out there

just take what he says with a grain of salt and step away sticking needles in the jeremy lin voodoo doll

7. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Itvseems you and ijholmes from day one never rooted for lin who still part of thevrockets. You may not like him if his style of play does not fit but torocan hss been fair to everyone on the rockes. So i suggest you leave both lin and torocan alone.

8. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

It maybe your perception but that is the nba. Instead of making speculation about lin and trade talks why dont you worry about positive things
    About the rockets. Being negative is a bad trait herr.

9. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

We'll see what happens. Patience qnd silence is golden

In do not beverley a fit anywhere in the nba. I like the dude but he needs to provr more. Hes been injured often .. Doesnt create for teammates or penetrate off thr dribble. He s got lots of things to work on.

10. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

How about Jameer Nelson? $8.6M cap hit, Orlando just waived his ass early instead of even looking for a trade

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Lol i root for the rockets as a team.

funny you mention me but if you look through the game threads you'll see countless people calling lin garbage, saying how much he sucks and how terrible he is. Me, you never seen me once say lin sucks, or he's garbage.

I think he's a terrible fit for our team and whats best, and we're overpaying him way too much. If lin was getting paid 1-2 million, you would never hear a peep out of me about lin. It should be frustrating as a rockets fan paying a player this much money to sit there and be a backup putting up average/less than average numbers. We're not getting what we paid for.

Wouldn't you be upset if you went out and bought a ferrari but it had the motor of a honda civic?

1 person likes this.
  12. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

How about George Hill. Out of the NBA's 3 starting PG's who are allergic to the paint and can't run an offense (Hill, Chalmers, Beverley), this guy gets paid $8M to camp the arc

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It obviously matters. I'm a Rockets fan and come here to post about the Rockets and things related to them as well as the Texans and Astros. I don't care what a Lin and Knicks fan has to say which is exactly what I let the guy know.

I don't own a Lin voodoo doll and I won't care about him at all once he leaves the Rockets

14. King1

I never liked the signing but I've definitely given him credit when he's played well. Feel free to search my post history of you'd like.

"torocan hss been fair to everyone on the rockes. So i suggest you leave both lin and torocan alone."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. This is just pathetic. What will happen to me if I don't comply? What a joke

15. SPBR

SPBR Member

It was an expression. No one really thinks you have a voodoo doll, but you denying it makes me suspicious now.

16. King1

I'm well aware that it was an expression. I was simply responding to the post

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

Just having some fun. Of course you know the expression.

I thought what Torocan posted was reasonable. Instead of attacking his argument, someone chose to state that he was a Lin fan which somehow means that his long post need not be read.

There's an ignore list feature on this board. The rest of us would be a lot happier if more people used it.

18. calcium

calcium Member

I like torocan's posts.

Like many, I often find them quite informative.

He is a Lin fan but I never got the memo that to be a Rockets fan,
    you had to hate Lin, a Rockets player who tries his best for the Rockets.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I will not miss the nonsense associated with Jeremy Lin at all. Never has so mediocre a player generated such attention.

20. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

I am still wondering, since Lin is such a mediocre player with a disastrous contract, why the hell Morey hasn't trade him away by now... The rockets management should show some balls and dump Lin while they can, and get another better cheaper player... It gonna be weird if Lin is still playing for Rockets next season..

So, why the wait?