1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's the point of opting out then? To get McRoberts? Why on Earth would Bosh talk with us all day if he knew he was staying in Miami? Where there's smoke there's fire. So I won't be 'giving it up bro'. Especially because everyone seems to think Cleveland has the edge.

2. sutton

sutton Member

feel disrespected by big name,

send in an Ipad 2.

3. Manos

Manos Member

I think it will depend on Miami's offer. If they really low ball Bosh, I could see some ego issues and he may/they may be open to a sign and trade where Miami, Houston and a 3rd team with assets for Miami would get involved. I dunno, but this seems to be dragging on forever. Last time with LBJ it was 'the Decision' where everyone had to wait around for what he was going to do. This time it's 'the In-Decision' where everyone has to wait around to find out what he is going to do. How hard is it to meet with Miami management in June after the Finals and tell them what you want so they have a month to come up with a game plan and work on contract offers for you and the rest of your team? At that point they would have a budget without all this uncertainty, would have been able to focus on targets that fit said budget and team needs and be ready to start getting him new/additional teammates on 7/1 like the rest of the league. Instead, the whole league and all the free agents are sitting on their thumbs while they wait to find out what princess is going to do. Geezus, it's like being a kid again and waiting for my younger brother (Mom's favorite) to decide where we are going to dinner. An hour later we're all waiting... and for God's sake do not rush him, this is his 'report card' dinner! I get that after the Finals he needed to process what the last season meant to him and how he would want to go forward with his career, but to not even have spoken to Riley over a week into free agency is crazy to me, typical for him. Either way, I guess we'll know something by the end of the week, maybe...?

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we are being used

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

nope, Morey is putting the pressure on the Heat and doubt in Bosh's mind. We want Bosh, we will pay Bosh, but it is also in our interest to get this FA thing cleared up as fast as possible, before a final decision on Parsons limits our options.

Durnell Murrey is the player in this game. Though, Riley is pretty good.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With Monday's moves, Heat will pay no more than $10M in luxury tax (2.5 rate) this season, since, by rule, they can't exceed $81M tax apron</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/statuses/486479159624232960">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As ironic as it sounds, the McRoberts signing at full mid-level effectively limits Heat to $81M hard cap due to the way CBA is written.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/statuses/486479534628569088">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The aforementioned assumes the Heat operate above the cap this season, which factors in team's hope that Big Three return this season.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/statuses/486479858424643584">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I need some capologist/CBA clarification on those tweets please.
    I know Riley is doing something smart, I just don't understand exactly what.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Broussard:

Houston had offered Bosh a max contract.

Bosh can get the max, not just from the Rockets. Lakers interested too. Many think he can be the player he used to be in Toronto, if not better. Not surprised he has gotten a max offer. When we see the dust settle, if the Lakers get 'Melo and not LeBron, they'd look at Bosh. Not max money but big money. Bosh has value around the league.

How much can he get from the Heat?

Number one desire is to play with LeBron in Miami and he loves playing with LeBron. Even if he were able to play with LeBron in a big, warm city elsewhere, not Cleveland, he would look at that. Heat have offered him less than expected. He's willing to go to 5 years $80-90 million. If they can come up to 5 and $80 or $90 million and LeBron stays, it's a done deal he stays. If LeBron leaves, it's not a guarantee Bosh leaves but they'd have to pay more. He's willing to pay for a discount if LeBron is there. If not, he wants his market value.

What does it open up the Heat to do if Bosh left for Houston?

We've heard 'Melo could slip in there. Some starting to wonder if that what's Melo is waiting for. That's not the plan from LeBron's side to get rid of Bosh for 'Melo. If it were to happen, it would be complicated. The Heat would have to slide 'Melo in with their cap space and the contracts they signed yesterday, those would use cap space now instead of being exceptions. It's complicated for the listener but doesn't look like they'd be able to offer both the max. If 'Melo is willing to take a haircut, it could be done but it's complicated. Not as easy as 'Just give Anthony Bosh's money'. Complicated but possible.

'Melo's decision?

Bulls ideally would like to do a sign and trade, we'll give you Boozer, some other young assets and then they can pay 'Melo more. New York has felt like there is no way they're doing a sign and trade with Boozer. Could be posturing but if 'Melo says I'm going to LA and you're not getting anything...maybe New York looks at it.

Something happening today, anything, with any of these guys?

Hard to say. We've expected 'Melo to be decided. I don't think Bosh will do anything. He's waiting on LeBron. His desire is to go back to Miami. If it drags out, he may go that route. 'Melo, we expected it yesterday or over the weekend. LeBron is supposed to meet with Miami. I believe his meeting may be today. I don't expect any decision from LeBron today. It may be another day of speculation.

9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

It seems to me that Bosh is looking for EVERY reason to stay in Miami. Its funny. Lebron doesn't even care to play with Bosh like Bosh cares to play with Lebron.

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Just because you don't hear anything do not assume there isn't mutual interest between Bron and Bosh. Wait and see first.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

http://nypost.com/tag/new-york-knicks/

"but if power forward Chris Bosh is wowed by the money in Texas, either Dallas or Houston, that could open a spot for a new Big 3 of James, Anthony and Dwyane Wade splitting the remaining cap space."

"A growing belief within the organization is Anthony is waiting to make sure there is no possible way of hooking up with LeBron James in Miami or Los Angeles."

----SMH this makes me not even want bosh, we're really about to overpay for a guy that doesn't even want to be here & allowing lebron to try to form another big 3 with MELO... Also holding everything up, Melo would've already made his choice if MOREY didn't get involved throwing a MAX contract at bosh. Once again no team is going to pay BOSH THE MAX... Rockets were in a good spot to land him with $15-18 just to play with Howard "they're friends" and he's from Texas.... Dallas don't have MAX... & LAKERS are not playing BOSH the max... Young teams aren't either

12. Fantasma Negro

Enough of this crap, if I'm Morey I tell Bosh this deal expires at midnight tonight and I start getting teams together for a Kevin Love trade. Morey shouldn't allow his off-season to be taken hostage

13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That's why he'd prefer us. Not sure why you care about Les money. Max for Bosh is like 22M. We will be well over the cap anyways after resigning Parsons. Why do you care if it is 18M instead that first year?

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

that diva lelayup needs to choose a team already

as soon as he does everything will be resolved very quickly

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LeBron ReSigns with Heat

Three Team Trade: S&T Bosh to Houston - S&T Melo to Miami - Picks and Crap to NY

Everyone happy?

Rocket River
    . . . per Dish Post

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'd be fairly surprised if the meeting isn't also the decision. Fact is, with the McRoberts/MLE announcement, the biggest bullet is out of Miami's gun. It's perfectly clear what their plan is and what their team would be, should LeBron return. There's nothing for Riley to really say or promise, other than a couple of possible minimum signings and whatnot.

The need for a "meeting" strikes me as a professional avenue for LeBron to meet with his boss and tell him his choice.

17. corby

corby Contributing Member

I believe this is correct.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love how quite it is.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

I was all for moving parsons before in a trade for a cheaper wing, but I think I'm off that bandwagon... Maybe he will step his D up, but he really deserves the money anyway.

This makes me appreciate him at least for trying to be LOYAL to the team & really wanting to be here, now with all this melo/bosh drama, parsons PRICE may go up since other teams can put a offer out, I believe morey would've offered him $9-10 "which is reasonable" as soon as someone commits and they were all hoping that happened by now. Now were in a sticky situation and he is too.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You aren't being used if the player tells you up front where you stand.

Bosh isn't stringing the rockets along, he's told them they aren't his preferred option but that he is open to them under certain circumstances.