1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Not really a Bosh fan but he does fit this team. If he does come though, I want it to be because LeBron went to the Cavs and Melo is stuck in NY with his money and sucking the rest of his time in the NBA.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I've been in the middle quite a bit... you're just viewing whatever I type through your biased filter (about me) rather than with an open mind. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if LeBron and Bosh each go back to Miami and the Rockets end up empty-handed... I've been clear about that and realize it's very much a possibility. But I think the recent reports and anecdotal evidence of LeBron's uncertainty are very real as well, and I'm just trying to push back against this silly narrative in the last few hours that Josh freakin' McRoberts changes the outlook of Miami's franchise and their appeal to LeBron.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

If I were too guess, the hold up is on Lebron and whether or not he wants to spend the rest of his career in Miami. Bosh is looking to stay in Miami for 4 years but doesn't want to be there if Lebron plans on leaving after a year or 2. If I were a betting man, LeBron signs with the Cavs and Bosh signs with Houston. Wade stays, plays out the rest of his career in Miami.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I just don't see bosh leaving lebron and wade in Miami. And I don't see lebron leaving Miami. Even if he wanted to, he has nowhere to go really. Doesn't seem interested in Texas. Doubt he'd team up with Kobe. Clippers with Chris Paul isn't the best fit let alone the cap they'd have to clear. I'm not buying this Cleveland hype. They have no proven players besides Irving who hasn't really proven much, can't seem to play with anyone. Their big men / picks are awful. Thompson and Bennett are terrile and Varejao has run his course. Wiggins will be good but not next year, he's too young and small.

Phoenix would be nice but not without another star.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It would be funny if Bosh joins the Rockets and runs off another 2-3 rings while LeBron gets close, but not close enough ... again.

Not the biggest fan of the max offer, but I cant deny the fit. Our big 3 would compliment each other's game very well.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Also let's not undermine the Letter from the cavs owner. He's a billionaire. He's not gonna apologize to lebron and lebron isn't gonna let it go. They're not good enough for him to let it go. It's not like he's coming to an amazing market and roster.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Out of all FAs, except James, I like this one the best. Bosh fits with the Rockets' style well.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

What if Lebron signs for a one year deal or 2 year with a player option? What does bosh do then?

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That's when he bolts for the Rockets. Bosh is looking for a long-term deal where he can play out the rest of his career.

10. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

I understand that, but when reports were saying Dwight was leaning towards the Rockets, didn't cyberx say (something along the lines) that Dwight was now undecided - similar to the BS that ESPN reported (which Dwight wanted cleared up when he broke the news to Stephen A over the phone) ?

If not that, I recall him saying something that had this forum buzzing with pessimism.

Anyways, it's just my personal opinion. I don't think he's a fraud, just not super reliable.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Morey will find a way to convince Bosh about taking less than max when it is all said and done... "Chris, we don't a bench at all if you take max", please take $17M per year.

13. delishman

delishman Member

DuBose laying down the LAW with TheFreak. #BOSHLives

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You guys are saying the same thing.They are reliable enough know when the winds are changing, but not enough to predict where the storm will hit.

And that's OK!

15. MFG16

MFG16 Member

FWIW, that same source said Melo was going to announce he would be re-signing with the Knicks. I wish Clutchfans sent out text alerts so I knew when to check the website. That would be clutch. Really tired of all these rumors.

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

dammit, everytime I go to clutchfans I don't see any new threads, just the same ones discussion rumors and tweets. Make up your damn minds already NBA stars, so that I can carry on with my life!!! I've been pulling up clutchfans on my damn phone as soon as I wake up in the morning to find nothing. It even keeps me up at night wondering if anything developed while I'm sleeping lol. Whos going through this too?

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Me....checking constantly. But it actually keeps me sane as the rest of my life is constant chaos. Thanks CF

18. faraza84

faraza84 Member

We all are bro

19. jose

jose Member

They've already apologized to each other apparently.

20. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

REPORT: Chris Bosh is going to Sacramento along with Kevin Love, Ramon Sessions & Derrick Favors to form the Big 5.
    Bosh Favors Gay Love Sessions

3 people like this.