1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

LOL everybody loved Melo just a few days ago. Now outlook isn't do bright for us and he's a prick who needs to hurry and make a decision.

Didn't Dwight take a weekend to decide?

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Little Thomas may join the Lakers too...

Wouldn't be a bad team.

Once Lebron/Melo sign somewhere.

Parsons/Hayward will sign max offer sheets somewhere. Fegan is ready to work for Parsons :)

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Melo gave the Lakers extra points because they could offer him the full max?

Well yeah, have you seen their "roster"

4. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I don't think he will be all that much desirable in 4-5 years. A lot of fans now in NYK, CHI, LAL, DAL, and HOU feel nonchalant about him joining their teams now lol.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

So is melo to ny leading the race? and will melo pick today ?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight made his decision one year ago yesterday.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wait a second... Parsons is going to get a Max offer? If I am the Rockets I hope to whatever deity Rockets worship that Minnesota is the team interested in that and would be open to trading for Love because as much as I like Parsons he is worth about $8 he should get paid $10 but I thought he would get $12.

8. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

yes, but Dwight decided working 5 days of the opening of free agency, today is the 6th day for Melo :rolleyes:

^sarcasm. fans gonna fan until they can't fan no more. Love a guy when he is considering your team, then if he doesn't come they say we never wanted him anyways he's a dick lol...

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

We are so screwed if Parsons gets a max offer and we lose out on a big time FA... unless Minny is dumb enough to give him max..

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

Thomas
    Old Kobe
    Carmelo
    Old Gasol
    Mystery Center (Sacre?)
    +no cap space for a bench

Still wouldn't be a competitive team. They could score, but not a single one of those players plays any defense anymore.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wow, so we're losing chandler?

12. DwightHoward13

Yes, check out my signature

13. DwightHoward13

No, we just have to pay near-max money for him.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

An offer sheet is just an offer. The Rockets can match it. I wouldn't match a max deal but I'm not a professional scout nor am I Les Alexander.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

true. which is why we have to hope for a S&T so we can take back more salary than what asik/lin would get us in cap space. makes sense.

still, as Doc said; occams razor. too many what if's. if we can get a max player to choose us over all of the other options, and if we can convince the other team to do a sign and trade, and if they would like to take back asik/lin, or if the max player would agree to sign for less...

i mean, you have to try because you never know. but i'm not getting my hopes up this summer. doesn't seem very likely.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Despite being better at it than SF, i've doubted all along that Melo would willingly play PF.

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

If winning is priority #1, then we can all relax.
    Houston is the place.

I believe that it's Lebron who is holding up other FA decisions.
    Melo is #2 on HOU/CHI/LA/NY/DAL list.

I bet none of those teams will sign Melo until the king decides what he is gonna do.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who can afford to give Parsons a max offer?

Lakers, Mavs, Utah, Philly, Phoenix. I don't see any of those teams paying that much for Parsons. I think Parsons will get 12 a year.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max contract with a starting salary {reportedly} of $15 million for Hayward, yuck!

Same case for Parsons? Goodbye.

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

Crap I hope we are not tired down to Parsons with a max contract. I like him, but not for max money.