1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

cyber, you don't have to answer, but is there a reason for your absence the last few days?

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lebron on the Lakers might just be the thing to make me stop watching ESPN for good. That'd be the equivalent of Manziel being drafted by the Cowboys...

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And the Lakers could re-sign Hill, Young and Gasol with bird rights.. damn

Farmar
    Kobe/Young
    Anthony
    James
    Gasol/Hill

Not bad for a super team, but the roster seems uneven and flawed though. Kobe/Anthony/James trio is crazy weird. Besides James, the team will be burnt on D.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

BOSH! BOSH! BOSH!

thanks cyberx!

5. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Not a lottery team for sure. But, just how big of a window does Melo have there? I assume they sold him on, he would be "the man" after Kobe retires but, i dont see Kobe retiring soon. I would figure Kobe is chasing the all time score mark.

Sounds like we might have gotten lucky with Dwight leaving LA for Aspen last year. It seems like the longer Melo is in LA the more he leans toward LA.

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Busy few days.... !

1 person likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In your experience, do you think a good deal of NBA players just have no freaking clue how the salary cap works, or don't care to know? Agents aren't miracle workers.

Its like the Dwight to Brooklyn situation. Trying to peg a Mac Truck into a small round hole while the whole NBA has to sit around for months waiting to see what is going to happen.

If Melo and Lebron are really truly just now figuring out that its really really hard to play together AND get paid, AND put a decent team around them, than that's just pure laziness & dare I say ignorance.

8. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Cyberx, what about the rockets? Their totally out of the Melo sweepstakes as reported?

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Well..thanks for giving us some info..morey..I mean cyberx

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

No - the Lakers would have to renounce all the bird right for all those players.

Only min deals and their exception of 2.7 million.

People think Gasol may even sign for the minimum in this case and sign for big money in a year. Gasol is staying for the cheap if Lakers sign Melo or Bron, or of course both (which the Lakers are trying to do).

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Why does LeBron want to play with Kobe? It just seems so unlikely that he would want to add to Kobe's ring count and Kobe will always be king of LA.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would say it is looking more unlikely than ever before... Now is it over? No.

13. dje243

dje243 Member

For some reason that lineup just doesn't scare me. I know I'm crazy bc any lineup with Lebron and Melo should scare you but Kobe and Gasol just don't move the needle for me.

14. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Yep. I think you could make the argument for about half a dozen teams who all have the potential to compete for a championship in the next 1-3 years: Chicago, Houston, Miami, LAC, OKC and SA; but I wouldn't put NYK or LAL in with that group. If he choses either of those two places, then it will be because of the city and the money, and not for the winning.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's okay. You can say it. We know it's over.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

I understand fans don't love Kobe.
    Players may not be best friends with him either.

But EVERY player I know RESPECTS him more than you could put into words.

17. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Anyone but Lakers Melo :(

18. houtown

houtown Member

If Melo went to the KNicks or Bulls, is Lebron completely out of the picture for the Rockets guys. Maybe its impossible to know at this point.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

is kevin love at all being discussed? are we for sure keeping parsons?

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Gotcha.

You have anything on the Rockets/Love chase? Or is the Bosh interest in Houston real?