1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which border state would you move to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 5, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

i would move to Dallas. It's so quiet and spacious

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

2 day old <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< fresh off the magic conveyor belt kk

As for your first comment I forgive you as not realizing what HOT NOW donuts taste like.

[​IMG]

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agreed. You can't beat Shipley's!

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

From California I have Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona. Viva Las Vegas I guess.

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I live in Texas, and I would New Mexico since I plan to build an observatory there anyway. I would refuse to move to Oklahoma. I had a work project lasting 4 weeks some years ago in OKC. My goodness it was a miserable experience - very much like living in Lubbock.

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I am living this now. I have lived in Oregon for 23 years and am about to move to Washington (for a job).

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It would probably be Louisiana but it would have to be a rural area there is no way in hell I would live in New Orleans and its a huge out of my liking to live in a rural area.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

If absolutely forced to... New Mexico...

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Since most of you are from Texas...how does the state offset the whole "no income tax" perk? There's got to be a catch! Are property or sales tax higher than average?

11. smr6

smr6 Member

Well I would move to Texas considering I live in Oklahoma right now.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Arkansas.

DD

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm moving up to Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville) in August. Impeccably beautiful part of the state. It's in the heart of the Ozark mountain range and there's considerable wealth in the area due to Walmart and other nationally headquartered companies; Tyson, JB Hunt, etc.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Arizona too

15. Nook

Nook Member

Be prepared to be kidnapped and video taped having your head sawed off with a dull table knife by a guy wearing ostrich skin boots.

16. DwightHoward13

Oklahoma, specifically Oklahoma City - I would cheer on the Rockets in a hostile environment

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Since i live in the netherlands i will answer this question for border country. Do you count when a country borders us though a ocean?

If not i would move to germany. Belgium is just a messed up country. And germans the people i feel are most similar to the dutch from the areas i live in. Plus there are some nice organisations my wife and i can work at.

If ocean borders do count i would move to England. Also nice opportunities and i speak the language much better

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I had to take a Seaport out to El Dorado, after the hour-and-a-half of phone calls to the terminal and then to the customer account to see when the plane would arrive at Dallas, there was no visibility so we had to land in Memphis instead. For some reason the pilot told me his captain was taking care of lodging arrangements when I landed, I don't know why he thought that lie would make cold-calling hotels at 10:00 at night any more pleasant. I don't care what the rest of Arkansas is like and no disrespect to you, but no thanks.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sales taxes aren't exceptionally low. But we also have a lot of state-owned land that was originally intended to garner income from agriculture so it was a lot of acreage. We struck oil on it in the early 1900s and fund our two largest university systems: Texas and Texas A&M, with the investment returns whereas most states have to rely on tax revenue for what's usually the 2nd or 3rd highest state expenditure.

Having a large percentage of our working class as 1st generation immigrants probably minimizes our social services outlay, also with our concentrated refinery capacity east of Houston and re-emerging production in the West, Rio Grande and North, we're kind of like Detroit in the '50s with a lot of well-paying work ($60 - $80k/year) for guys with less than a bachelors; or maybe we're like Cali in the 1900s - 40s with lots of ag and oil wealth and space before the movie industry attracted massive domestic immigration. We also lack the density of similarly populated states, which I think keeps real estate down in Houston and possibly San Antonio.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I live on an island... and not in the US.

Oh well.