1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

wooooow. lol. this says it all

2. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nope. If we have to pay to get rid of Lin I would rather hold on to him and let him play out his contract. He is not great but there are worse backup PGs in the league. You only get rid of him if you need the cap space for a bigger fish.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Wasn't that bad of a signing. We needed a PG, and Lin flashed serious potential. It didn't work out.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Awesome, get it done Morey, you need that cap space anyway!!

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin is a game changer in a negative way. He loses us more games than he wins us evident in Portland series.

7. rocketblood713

So when is he leaving this deal "thats been in place" for a while now and he still here

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lin can actually be useful at the deadline. By then 2/3 of the season would've passe by, so anyone who takes him will only have to pay $5-6mil left and his salary is much less an issue.

Definitely no reason to trade him just for the sake of it. But I think he will be traded in the offseason regardless. Perhaps to the Bucks in a deal that would bring back Ilyasova(one of my favorite non-stars for the Rockets to get).

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

I don't even mind giving up the 1st pick if it leads to something bigger. When was the last time the Rockets got a good player out of it anyway (Brooks?)?

10. jason330i

jason330i Member

Lin + two first rounders + parsons + dmo for a bag of chips. Do it now morey!

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I imagine in any deal with Lin we will be sending out cash as well. Does anyone know the max cash we can send out?

I think Lin plus cash for a second round pick is a fair deal IMO

12. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Is it to early for an Lin Appreciation thread?

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Don't do that. Just let it end.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

1.8 M.

15. solodolo

solodolo Member

Just give them the first round pick... to me a second round pick is more valuable ... we suck choosing players in the first round

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I guess if we do get a max type player we won't be able to afford to sign our future first round picks anyway and they will all become euro stashes, so I could see your point from that view

17. betterhomesbytj

I have a question

Instead of giving up a pick couldn't the rockets just give him to Philly and pay for like half if not most of his salary? (cash considerations)

18. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

C'mon now, Lin wasn't that bad in the first season with the Rockets. THe second season was a bit more volatile with the lineup and inconsistent.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Actually is the opposite. If we sign a max and fill our cap space, we could sign 1st round picks in the future since the rookie scale. We should use part of the MLE to sign 2nd round players.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rockets spend all the cash they could use ($3 million) on buying a 2nd round pick and sending some to NOLA in the Asik trade