1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Embarrassed to be a rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Jul 4, 2014.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yes, San Antonio just won a title. Were you aware that Miami won the previous two? How about the Laker's titles? They've been acquiring stars for decades, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Shaq, Gasol and now they're after Anthony. How about Boston acquiring Garnett and Allen? Did you think that this was something new?

I just glanced at some of your prior posts and it seems that you've changed your position.

So you thought that we should trade for Dirk but you're somehow offended that we may go get Anthony?

That was from a thread entitled "Pistons Possibly Trying to Land T-MAC for Billups and T-Prince. So, you liked the idea of a big 3 back then but now that it's Anthony you don't?

Seems like a bit of contradiction, no? Of course it's no more of a contradiction than these two:

This

and then later

Way to stay consistent.

4 people like this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

A miserable failure? Because we missed out on some MLE caliber players? We've moved out a disgruntled Asik out for the pelicans 1st, drafted a quality asset in Capella, and a potential backup in Nick Johnson. It's not a miserable failure anyway you look at it.

3. solodolo

solodolo Member

Close this thread . OP has been exposed and ether so bad that I don't be shocked that we hear from him again in here

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You cold stone busted him my brother.

I will always have faith in the 99ers keeping it real.

Cause that's what we do, we don't know any other way than being real

5. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Tracy McGrady, Moses Malone... what in the hell are you talking about?

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You're right, we are no better than the Heat. They have two championships in the last 3 years!

Players win games, you need great players to have a great team. I don't care if we draft them, sign them, or trade for them, I want great players on my team! At least this way we didn't have to tank, which is far less "classy" than going over board in welcoming a player on a visit.

Don't be so self-righteous. I guarantee if we get Melo and go on to win a title or two your embarrassment will be well worth it!

7. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

The Heat, Celtics, Lakers would disagree with that statement

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I know what your saying. There used to be a sense of commitment. You only see that in a handful of stars today.

Way back it was a shame to let go of an Olajuwon in free agency. Now you have a Lebron wondering what city will bring him a ring.

9. cmellon

cmellon Member

We should make a king size poster with Lebron the king sitting at the throne, and all the other players and Morey and Les worshipping him. Maybe that will get Lebron to come to Houston.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Repd
    Anxiously awaiting op's response. Too bad it probably won't happen.

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

So moving Asik, drafting Capella and keeping Mchale is gonna help us get out the 1st round? We're now ready to take on the Spurs, Clippers & Thunder???? Not sure what window you think we have, but the west is only getting stronger. We've yet to upgrade our bench, we still don't have any veteran shooters, and our incompetent coach is still here. Is Nick Johnson gonna match up with Aldridge next season? Cuz Asik's gone bye-bye. Who's gonna back up Beverley? We saw Lin single handedly f-up 2 playoff games. Is gonna be back next season? I sure hope not. I would also hope we brought in a actual power forward that can actual start. Did we address that? Were you happy with the wonderful job Jones did in the postseason?

12. ChippedToothLin

other teams have succked way more dicks so shut your moth

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

the most devastating internet Body-Slam i have ever had the pleasure of seeing:eek:
    [​IMG]

14. TheresTheDagger

Don't EVER disparage the brand of MOLSON beer again...

15. MightyBeard

MightyBeard Member

LOL owned.

Time to change your username, maybe something along the lines of Melis Big gest fan

Hahaha man

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

last offseason, the rockets pretty much did the same with Dwight:

1) banners with him in a rockets uniform, even wearing a number that was currently being used by another player (Beverley had no.12 before dwight was here)

2) bringing him to houston to meet with morey and harden.

Do you think Dwight believes he is more important than the team? :rolleyes:

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Don't waste your time trying to argue with GoRox2013, he's always got an agenda and keeps pushing on no matter how much you try to present the facts to him. The truth is it takes way more effort to come up with logical arguments than it is to keep saying "It's a miserable failure" so he'll probably just spam that sentence to up his post count no matter what anyone else says.

You can see it in his latest post, obviously moving a player who was gonna leave anyway for a possible lottery is a win no matter how you look at it, and yet it is still miserable failure according to this dude and of course the fact that Morey and his crew are the main reason we even have Dwight and Harden on the team is conveniently forgotten in his rant. Morey can probably get Melo, LBJ, Bosh and Love all on the team for minimum wage and he'll still say the offseason was a miserable failure :rolleyes:

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Easy, obvious solution: quit being a Rockets fan.

Naturally, you would also quit posting as well.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. He moves from thread to thread spouting his anti Rockets crap until someone finally disproves all the BS he keeps pushing then shuts up and takes it to the next thread.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No reason to read this worthless thread. Just quit posting,leave. Find another team, nobody really gives a ****.