1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Blow Off Firecrackers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So true. I remember those roman candle wars on the golf course. I'm glad I never got hit by one. Taking that a step further...we had a few bb gun wars back in the day. That got ugly real fast (I'm talking BBs embedded in the head). Not sure what we were thinking; pretty stupid.

Something about lighting off fireworks and a slight danger involved that was always my draw to fireworks. It's not just the act of lighting fireworks but how are you going to up the risk level while doing so? An example would be holding a whole thing of jumping jacks in the hand, lighting it, and getting rid of it just in the nick of time...or with a whole string of firecrackers, etc. . Oh...the other big thing was lighting bottle rockets while in the hand and throwing them from the hand. A friend took it a step a further and lit one from his butt. Yes, he got burned big time as it didn't exactly go as planned and was stuck for a bit (yea...he was dumb for doing that). LOL. The bottle rockets caught a few houses on fire back in the day in the residential areas.

I would do it some more if it were legal. The best is to get those big ones and then shoot them off from a lakeside house back porch over the water.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

________________[​IMG]_______________

[​IMG]

The thrill of almost killing yourself is priceless!...:eek:

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You havent had fun till you have someone setoff an entire strip of firecrackers in a full moving car.

Fastest stop and evacuation EVER. So glad it wasnt my car.

oh yeah, to answer the question, we dont buy them anymore since our neighbors shoot off so many we just watch theirs. That is normal out in the boonies tho, plenty of places right around the corner to buy them at and the cops out there dont particularly care unless someone calls to complain about them going off too late.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Feel bad for the people who paid for the fireworks, cause it looks like it's a raining!!!!

5. conquistador#11

psalm 29 10 :The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.

translation:yeay thank god for the rain as i don't have to go get stung by mutant mosquitoes because the gf likes seeing fireworks!

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Anybody using a clip?

7. DwightHoward13

It's World War III in Galveston - I have never seen so many individual fireworks shows on a July 4th. People have gotten brazen... I have seen two people arrested, the fire department putting out a massive fire about a mile from us, and an uncountable number of tickets given because people are "blowing them off" right in front of the cops.

8. Buck Turgidson

u

Quarter stick of dynamite hung off a tree limb. Makes a proper BANG

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Visited my brother in Katy and blew some up (off I-10 and Fry). It was fun, but we should have just saved our money and watched everyone else's stuff. Some of those people go overboard, haha

10. GIGO

GIGO Member

<embed src="http://videos-e-7.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/10529151_667333213349047_672965947_n.mp4" width="600" height="600" autoplay=false>

source
    <embed src="http://videos-f-19.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/10527245_643686435716759_26774220_n.mp4" width="600" height="600" autoplay=false>

source

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

First July 4th in Katy. I managed to pound 6 shiners, grill some brats, talk my wife out of her latest nervous breakdown, and then the fireworkz wuz all bangin dawg. Thus spoke Zarathustra.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Das wassup

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This is me, so yes, yes I do

[​IMG]

#53 Dubious, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Sucks you can own a gun, but can't shoot off firecrackers in my town :(

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was in Katy and had to evacuate because of you and your brother.