1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh yeah morey failed bad by turning our mediocre team we had into james harden and dwight howard. And also the 4th seed in the west with plenty of options still to improve the team yeah he failed real bad fire him.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AirBall 0:08

"Just a little off"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z6Ad04Kuzdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

This is an old and tried argument that he didn't perform. Lin averaged 22 and 7 when harden or melo sat. Lin was forced to sit in favor of pb when pb didn't deserve it. Lin performed just fine when given minutes. Lin wasn't given minutes. The he didn't perform argument doesn't hold water. Case closed.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"And unto him that receiveth thy one turnover, offer also another; and him that taketh away thy Game 4 forbid not to take thy playoff series also."

5. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vesPBAt7azo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yeah because it's not like lin had a long string of games when beverly was injured and he still sucked.

soo.... yeah your argument is invalid.

7. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Member

Really? I thought quite the opposite. I've yet to hear arrogant remarks coming from him. He even made a comical/ironic youtube video about his rise to fame.

Hardly somebody with an enormous ego. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RzI6_4-_jQ

8. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

You also forgot to mention harden's "clutch" performance during the playoffs. Oh wait...nm

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden is a key player for the Rockets.

I'll be so happy when the LOF like you leave, trying to hide with Rocket theme nick names is so pretty uncreative and insecure .

It's like when you call the Orkin dude and then you got no more ants in your kitchen.

that's what it'll be like.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, making youtube videos about yourself isn't egotistical at all. ;)

Arrogance and ego are not the same.

11. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Harden has been with us for 2 seasons now. Both times first round exit. That's our key player. Great.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

you're using the wrong grammar.

us implies that we are the same types of fan.

13. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Okay, Jeremy Lin's reputation in the league pretty much is unilateral . 'He is this very quiet guy from Harvard who rose to fame after Linsanity. T/O machine, a sub player, not very good on court, but continues to improve. Very mild manner, and respectful towards anyone. Great teammate, and nice addition to the locker room'

I have yet to see a professional NBA player, or anyone at all in the league, who dissed the kids attitude on court or off of it.

Have we seen players/read news that say he's got attitude problems, impossible to deal with or lazy? No, he's always been considered a very hard working guy, who despite this attention placed upon him, has still manage to take it in stride, didn't let fame inflate his ego.

Because everything Lin's been through is put out there, so anyone would have a brief idea how he's struggled through the years. Probably how they view him now?
    Just a guy who's letting out steam after a long while of silence. Did we hear him whine after being put on bench? Damn hell we didn't, everybody keeps saying Lin kept his head down and continued to play. So Don't really think this will add negatively on his overall reputation, especially for players who are outside the Rox or sports personnel outside the Rox scope.

Naturally, the only one's who are claiming this tweeting was unprofessional are Rox hardcore fans and Lin detractors. Like how many are those numbers really are involved directly to sports news? But outside of it though? They will more likely view this as Rox management mistreatment.

Especially after the strong arming that happen between bucks and nets regarding Jason Kidd! The repercussions of that now can can be heard all across the basketball league. Everybody thinks its a negotiation in bad form man. Haha, you bet some people will use this incident as synonymous with that, with front office abuse of power/distasteful move.

Rockets really have excellent timing though. All of this during free agency! ... Reputation comes a long way for most players. You don't leave your former team to possibly land somewhere that's filled with booby traps and unstable office.

And you compare that to the negative reputation that Rox has garnered through the years towards player treatment, like discarding players like drench in sweat T-shirts who the GM didn't fancy anymore, the issues before with Lowry and Dragic, and now this? Just add the math man. thankfully the Dwight allure is still very enticing prospect for agents. Some teams might be able to give a free agent the additional incentive in terms of their team history, and personnel and player treatment though. So yeah, appearing like an exalted and fair organization comes a longggggggg way towards recruitment. We really got lucky before when Howard and Harden both wanted out of their teams, just to escape.

The real repercussion of this, we will see within the next few days.

14. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

It's not all about points and assists. It's also about turnovers, rebounding and basketball IQ. For a Harvard grad, Jeremy Lin is a dumb basketball player.

He is a below average NBA player. He's a pretty good scorer, and a very good source of revenue, but that's about it. I will be extremely disappointed if I ever have to watch him play another game as a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Morey brought the little boy here. If this is all about respect, why can't Jeremy Lin respect the organization that made him filthy rich? And will he be giving 1.5 million to the lord this year? No. Jeremy Lin is about Jeremy Lin. Players like that are a dime a dozen.

It's a tradition in all sports for star players to give up their jersey numbers. If Jeremy Lin respected the profession of sport, he would have known that. He would even capitalize off the "disrespect" when Melo paid him for the number.

I'm officially against Jeremy Lin until he does something for the Rockets. For now he's just being a trouble maker and he thinks the lord is behind his mess he's creating. He's acting a little more like L. Ron Hubbard on Nebraska right now than Jesus of Nazareth.

Humility #1! I mean #7, wait, had it right the first time!

2 people like this.
  16. verysimplejason

Actually you are both incorrect. Harden is with the Rockets not anywhere near you as you might like to think. I'm giving Harden this one last year to prove himself or else he can be labeled worse than your beloved TMAC. ;)

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would buy a T-shirt with the above printed on the back and "Jeremy Lin" in bold on the front.

Make it happen tinman.

18. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

I don't have his lins TO numbers when he averaged 22 and 7 when harden and melo sat, but I can tell u that harden's TOs are the highest in the league. Maybe the absolute top of I remember correctly.

19. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

So are we going to talk about harden's performance in the playoffs or not?

20. highlander3128

TBH I rate TMac way above Harden right now. I will also give him 1 last year to impress us with his defense.