1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SLIM THUG recruits Melo. It's over. Slim Thug Lists The Benefits Of Houston For Carmelo & Lala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by howardsucks, Jul 3, 2014.

1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

If you really wanna be honest. Houston opened the door for their Mainstream....Rap-A-Lot Records opened the door for Chicago Rap on a mainstream level....There would be no Do or Die, Twista, Crucial Conflict or any of the Next Generation Rappers if it wasnt for Houstons own Rap-A-Lot.

2. tzou88

tzou88 Member

ugh chief keef

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Where is Jim Parsons with the Macbook recorded pitch for melo!!

PICK UP YOUR GAME TEXAN

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Thank you for taking this dude to school. Rap-A-Lot was a huge staple to the rap game. Screw created his own genre too. Houston is a lot higher up on the totem pole than more people think.

Why else does Drake stroke his s**t to the thoughtof being affiliated with Houston?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

all this recruiting crap gets pretty annoying. If Melo comes because of a Poster in the lockeroom, or because some rapper tells him to...I'm not sure if he's the type of player this team needs.

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What is the term of art for an assistant-wizard?

7. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Pitch No.1: "Women Be Shopping"
    The Galleria has forever been a selling point for women. Lala Anthony is concerned about having a career in Hollywood. Maybe she can learn from the Greatest TV Mom EVER in Phylicia Rashad (a native Houstonian, bam) while also enjoying every major store in the universe. There's no real issue here, right? Plus, isn't Houston about to become the new Hollywood anyway? Radio star Devi Dev has done the Houston to Hollywood and New York thing already, why not LaLa?

I'm sorry but The Galleria is NOT a selling point for Women that's used to Shopping in SOHO, Fifth Avenue, and hell even Jersey (No tax on clothes).

That makes me laugh. While Houstonians think we have a First Class Shopping Mall with the Galleria, don't even try to compare that to Fashion and Shopping in NYC.

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

oh man New York is sooo cool derp.

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Too many spaces in that post!

Where is the Astros song? I guess it could work for them...

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Eh, your Houston hatred is excessive considering that you are posting on the Houston Rockets forum. No one is claiming that Houston is on par with New York in terms of ridiculously priced fashion or whatever you are getting defensive about. No one even made a "comparison" about shopping between our cities. Slim Thug said that the Galleria has every store she could want, which may or may not be true but is definitely not a comparison to NYC.

11. ROCKET RICH NYC

I don't have Houston Hatred. I LIVE Here now (for the last 7 years). I left New York to Live here, but I still work and travel back and forth. Grew up in Houston and went to HS here so no, I don't hate Houston. However, to use the Galleria as a Selling Point to La La? Puh-lease. LOL.

#51 ROCKET RICH NYC, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  12. coffeelover665

THIS CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING RIGHT?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p> RT <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/slimthugga">@slimthugga</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BunBTrillOG">@BunBTrillOG</a> thank you for being a key part of the Carmelo2Houston recruiting team!</p>&mdash; IG:HOGGLIFE101 (@slimthugga) <a href="https://twitter.com/slimthugga/statuses/484797109741174786">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. ROCKET RICH NYC

One Place - V LIVE ;)

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Kanye is trash lyrically IMO. I view Kanye in the same tier as I view P-Diddy and Dre. Common, Lupe, and Twista though are great. Houston can hold its own though as far as rap scene goes. I am confident of that. Screw (RIP) created an entirely new genre of music in screwed and chop. Trae and Z-Ro are both far better hip hop artists than Kanye will ever be. You also forget Paul Wall and Lil Flip (Freestyle King) in your list as well as the loooong list of fallen comrades (aside from Screw) starting with Hawk and Fat Pat.

15. SK34

SK34 Member

Scarface is like one of the best rappers of all time. Houston >

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Slim Thug will get a big fat contract with Rox coming season.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I know, I like scarface too, I wasn't trying to site like all 30 of houtons classic rappers.

Completely disagree, I think Kanye is one of the best rappers in history. He alone is on a insanely higher level then any rapper in Houston has ever been.

Lyrically Trae is sort meh, I like him a little bit though.

Almost all Houston rappers except Devin are have these fake thug characters that they put on to fit in the houston rap genere of music. I don't like that at all. They are musical artist not thugs who kill, or **** people up, their is also more to life then rollin on something candy painted with the trunk popped while 'swangin'.

Kanye, Lupe especially are artist who have much wider variety in their music, artistic music, rap on many subjects and don't have a fake thug personality. Thats real talent.

I like houston rap, but at the same time its sort of imature and a big gimmick. I think I love Devin the most because he's independent and isn't into that ****.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Kanye may rap about better topics in life, but that's not what hip hop and more specifically is about. Flow and ability to rhyme off the fly as well as rhythm are also hugely important. Is Kanye a bigger commercial success than any rapper? Yes. Does that make him a good rapper? Not in my books. Your welcome to your own opinion of course, but I find him garbage as far as being a rapper/lyricist goes. Lupe on the other hand, kills ANY Houston rapper, but he is just ONE person.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I really really value creativity and variety in music, probably more so then flow, so maybe thats why we have such different opinions on Kanye. Remember kanye's older music too, it has better lyrics then his newer music. But cool, I respect your opinion.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Flow is also a type of creativity and so is rhythm of chanting. Variety and depth of song topics is also another type of creativity. I will agree though that we appreciate different categories to different degrees.