1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

For the Rockets sake I hope you're wrong but I guess we'll know more in he coming days. My fear is that as it stands right now, the team is worse than last year's squad with Asik gone and now have a toxic relationship with a player still on the roster.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#7 is not an untouchable number and DD is right, it's the Rocket's right to use that number.

It's not like they are giving him Yao Ming's number.

3. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

This. Plus what if Melo decides not to come here? We're left with a disgruntled employee who we must get rid of. Haven't we lowered his trade value? All Morey needed to do was to call/text/email the guy before. Even after, just a few warm words would've diffused it. But no, the choice was made to force accept. Stupid move by all accounts man!:eek:

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Nah, Lin will still try to be a team player. His teammates didn't disrespect him, it was the FO. So Lin will play ball no matter what.

5. team5

team5 Member

Clutchfan is overblowing this twice by having a second thread about it. Probably helped with the traffic increase.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Most people would rejoice at the chance of a fresh start if they felt truly underutilized and under appreciated. If I was Lin, I would be like "Hell yes! When am I leaving?" This is all pride talking here and if it was ANY OTHER ****ING PLAYER BUT LIN, this thread would be 2 pages and never have made it to ESPN.

7. naesoon

naesoon Member

It was pretty shady for someone from the organization to say that they informed Lin in advance about using the number. Why did they have to reach out to Woj about that? Lin or his agent wouldn't lie because it would be easy to catch them lying. Also, if Lin knew about it, he wouldn't have sent out that tweet. It sure seemed like he didn't know they were going to go ahead and use that number. It's like "hello! I'm still on the team. Can't you wait until I leave first?"

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Since they first started using numbers on the back of jerseys the alpha has had first choice ... Just the way it's done

[​IMG]

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Or perhaps it is you who fails to get the point.
    Lin potentially getting traded has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    That's just another red herring intended to distract from the fact that, despite his team-first reputation, Lin handled this like a stereotypical whiny athlete whose pride was hurt.

10. jason330i

jason330i Member

honestly, I would have said, "Carmelo looks good in red."

and left it like that.

11. Razsan

Razsan Member

Not sure I agree with that. From all accounts Lin has made some good friends on the team and has had 2 full seasons of ball with most of the group. The team is in the upper half of the West hierarchy and with a few tweaks could be a contender. He does a lot of local community work and has been a pretty good soldier throughout. The human side of him I'm sure would like a better ending than "we're going to dump your salary to sign ______" While he may have accepted that, it appears that the front office has begun treating him as persona non grata....which I'd have to think he wasn't prepared for.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DAROckets,

you know what number is the greatest number on Clutchfans??

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

This is a teenage girls fanaticism for Justin Bieber ramped up to such extreme levels that it becomes false idol worship. You are all going to hell straight up real talk.

You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them;

--Exodus 20:2-5

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah! Nobody wants to come to the Rockets! Just like Dwight Howard didn't. Oh wait...

Must be the big name role players that don't want to come to the Rockets then. Just like Trevor Ariza didn't! YEAH! oh wait...
    <br>
    Nobody. Hm.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow, JLin turns to Jesus and gets down on his knees and prays on Twitter over a friggin' number. He's as bad as his fans. It's a number. Get a hold of yourself. Ego much? Entitled says it all.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

They didn't "advertise one of [our] own player's departures". They advertised, to Melo directly, about his potential as a Rocket. Using the number had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Lin would have to be dealt as a result of getting Melo, it was just an incidental coincidence.

Seriously if this were D-Mo no one would care.

17. jason330i

jason330i Member

exactly! stop treating the rockets organization as some type of god people.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

We don't. We just don't automatically believe that agents are truthful and the Rockets are the liars. Rockets say they told him, agents say they didnt...why is it you automatically believe the agents....they both have shown the same amount of proof......nothing.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You are delusional as hell if you think all the extra work we have to do is worth all these fabulous clicks that get us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in our pockets at the end of the day.:rolleyes:

This aint a business, we dont look for sensationalized bull**** to make us money, cause it dont and its a ton more work having to babysit you children.:mad:

20. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

+1

I can't believe that people compare lin's situation to beverley's situation. beverley's number change had no implications on his role on the team. lin's situation here implies that he's done way before he's officially even gone.