1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Bosh wants 15 mil, Heat lowball

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jul 2, 2014.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If we can't get Melo or Love I'd throw Bosh a 4/$60 million with the last year partially guaranteed.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If bosh or lebron were actually considering leaving Miami, do you actually think they would be waiting to meet with other teams? Stop believing these BS sources and use common sense.

Say lebron thought there was a small chance he'd pick Houston. Don't you think he knows the earlier he discusses it with morey the better idea of what kind of team they could put together would be.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

why wouldnt they be waiting? Pat Riley has retooled how so far? oh thats right nobody. Gortat gone. Lowry gone. Gasol seems to be going to OKC...Melo might stay in NY...Deng wont take a paycut...Ariza might stay.

So yes they could be waiting and if the roster doesnt improve why wouldnt they consider leaving?

Plz think before you post

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Miami is retooling. They have the big three contracts to figure out first and that's what they're working on.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

by low balling bosh. Overpaying for wade and giving the max to Lelayup. its been 2-3 days into free agency and they havent signed anyone of the big 3.....all the good free agents will be gone soon.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a legit risk. The chances of Riles adding an impact player are fading. It is likely the Heat won't be much different next season, which creates the possibility of LeBron leaving for greener pastures.

IMO, he will stay. In 2010, LeBron did his own thing while Wade/Bosh watched and 2014 will be v.2 of that.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

this is what im saying.

Why would lelayup return for basically the same roster after saying he wanted to see change? Because they drafted Napier? lol i doubt that.

I think he stays only if they make significant signings...which are quickly fading due to them taking so long figuiring out their contracts. I know it'll never happen but if the heat were really smart and coducted as a true business they would dump wade and use the money elsewhere.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would be all for Bosh at 4/60 with ETO in 3rd year. He may not be the Toronto Bosh anymore - but it really depends on his role - there has been nights where he carried the Heat as well -- more importantly though the last 2 years he has been playing out of position at the C spot and Miami has been running predominately small ball lineups. Sliding back to the 4 spot will do him a lot of good and he can still become the focal point of the low post offense when Dwight is out and the stretch 4 option when he is in.

9. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

i would pay him the max because he is exactly the player this team needs to put us over the top. He is clearly unselfish, plays D, has a 3 point game going, can play center in small ball situations, and has championship experience. The only knock is his rebounding has been infuriatingly low, but that can be fixed by having good rebounders at other positions (which we do).

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nothing I've heard leads me to believe the Heat have $10-12M to spend, as has been reported. More likely they operated as capped team.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/484715687374778368">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I think Bosh would be an ideal fit here in Houston.

Carmelo is clearly the better player but Bosh is the better fit. He actually plays defense and can stretch the floor. The startling lineup below would catapult us to be the favorites in the west.

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Bosh
    Howard

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So Melo is too much of a ball hog and there will be too much iso.

But Bosh is too passive and way to soft, defering to others.

Got it.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The problem here is that Bosh is only really available to us if Lebron leaves. And if Lebron leaves, where is he going? If Lebron is leaving, we should be pursuing him, not Bosh.

This is like a circular logic puzzle :confused:

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Riley has this loyalty going on in Miami but that's going to change. Players aren't going to take 20% cuts in their salary to win rings and sign Lebron.

He also needs to be realistic and think about cutting ties with Wade and find another 3rd Amigo. I wouldn't sign Wade to anything longer than a 2 year deal, a 55M 5 year deal would kill the Heat.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Heat situation is just weird. Logically speaking, the Heat looks to have no way to improve(as many theorized) in which case LeBron should leave. But instead he's doing nothing and Miami's sitting around waiting for Pau Gasol, whom they may not even get.

I think the Rockets are operating on the premise that the big 3 are all staying. But before they spend that cap money on anyone other than Melo, they probably call Bosh/LeBron's agents one last time before moving on.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If Miami signed melo .... Could they go over the cap resigning the others?

Rocket River.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Even if they could, their team wouldn't last to the all-star break because there would be no bench nor any specific pieces they would need like a center/rebounder, competent point guard, and shooters.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

15 mil is fine, I never believe the report of 11 mil for him, that is about a half of his current earning. Bosh could join us for more money if the Heats refuses to pay him.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are cap holds on the other guys so they can't sign him until they get the other guys signed.

20. ddub

ddub Member

No they can't go over the cap to sign the big 3, they can go over only if they where restricted free agent called the "bird rights" that's why lebron opt out because he
    wanted to be his decision which team he would go to.