1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

That's a shame. He was starting to get dangerously good.

On a serious note, I like Jeremy. He seems to be a terrific person and I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can we trade him for a cheesesteak?

3. mingthething

mingthething Member

They'll forget about that AIDS movie with Tom Hanks.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop posting.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

thats because philly dont have anymore remotely talented enough to stop Lin from running 50 PnRs a game

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it allows hinkie to hit the salary floor while still having the cap room later to take a bad contract

7. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Same old same old. after he goes there, DO Philly really want jeremy lin? or just for a stepping stone? it's a bout business dude

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

big expiring contract

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I know i should be patient, but what does it say when you want a player to be traded simply to make his fans go away?

10. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Wonder what the Sixers long term plan is? They seem to be a dump site for a lot of unwanted contracts ie. Bynum, Royce and now maybe Lin.

11. fluors

fluors Member

The talking heads in Philly are saying that Lin will not start over Michael Carter-Williams (MCW). So, I decided to visit nba.com and espn.com to review the stats. MCW’s FG% is 40.5 %, his 3pt FG% is 26.3%; his eFG and TS% are 43.1% and 48% respectively; with 6.3 APG and 3.5 TOV per game. His RPMs are equally bad, with a DRPM of -2.10 (59th of 85 PGs in the league); an ORPM of -0.96 (56th among the 85 PGs in the league), and a combined RPM of -3.06 (59th of the 85 PGs in the league); a WAR is -1.12 (ranking 72nd among the 85 PGs in the league), and a per game Plus/Minus of -6.4. At 6’6’’, he is a good rebounder though, averaging 6.2 per game. Lin, on the other hand, has much better stats: he shoots a 44.6 FG%, 35.8% 3ptFG%, an eFG and TS% of 50.8% and 57.2%, respectively; while averaging 4.1 APG and 2.5 TOV per game. His RPMs are also much better than MCW: his DRPM is +0.28 (17th of 85 PGs in the league), his ORPM is -0.20 (51st 85 PGs), and his combined RPM is +0.08 (29th of the 85 PGs in the league), with a WAR of +3.19 (25th of 85 PGs) and a per game Plus/Minus of +2.4. Lin only averages 2.6 RPG though. But comparing MCW and JLin, my question would be this: How could anybody look at these stas are actually start MCW over Jeremy Lin?

The Philly deal helps the Rockets clear salary to go after a third star. It helps Philly stockpile picks, which they will likely arrive with Lin, and, will probably seek to add another pick by flipping Lin at the deadline when his salary becomes more tolerable to teams in search of expiring contracts. or teams looking for a temporary PG to keep their playoff hopes alive. Or maybe they are just trying to sell tickets and merchandise to the large Asian population that surrounds them. I have no idea. But if he’s not going to start, as is rumored, then I see nothing but more misery for Jeremy in Philly. He won't last and they will forced to get rid of him. He’s too good (better than any guard on their current roster) to NOT improve their win total. More wins is the last thing they want. And his conscience will not allow him to knowingly take part in the tanking which Philly clearly intends next season. I don’t care if he does make $15M, I still feel bad for him. Philly, in its current state, is not a good destination for Jeremy Lin. For his sake I hope I'm wrong.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No its definitely too solid. Cheez-Whiz on the other hand...

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

The devil is a lie.

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You just mad because I'm telling the truth.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets giving Lin 30 Mil a year to be a friggin 6th man was not initially Morey's plan.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It wasn't, but he is no superman. He is a good role player.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

Seriously !!????

man chill, LIN is not going to start over MCW the rookie of the year no matter what you do with those STATS. He's not just going to come in and MCW go to the bench, that's not happening.

If anything if he goes to Philly him and MCW might play start together, they just cut James Anderson, and MCW is really a SG and is good at defending the 1,2,3

He has plenty of games where he had 7,8,9 turnovers this year so it's possible that their coach wouldn't mind LIN helping him out with the ball handling duties.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we strike out on the big free agents, can we roll a Lin trade into the Asik trade and get a $16.6 million trade exception? Or do we get too far under the cap and lose the trade exception? What if we simultaneously sign a MLE player to keep us above the cap?

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nobody cares.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I would trade Lin to get James Anderson back and draft picks, because he was actually better than Omri Casspi.