1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Visa Black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Jul 2, 2014.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

It is! Here's your pic:

[​IMG]

And here's your video:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/5_RNTW3esrI?hl=en_US&start=94"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/5_RNTW3esrI?hl=en_US&start=94" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Niiice, way to help a brotha out man

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

With my AMEX platinum, I get the following:

Entry into the Delta lounge when flying Delta which I do at least 10 times a year.
    $200 in Airline fee reimbursements which I easily use.
    Upgrade to National Rental car Executive status where I get my pick of cars but just have to pay for a mid size.
    Buy, one get one international business class fare.
    Free usage of Boingo hot spots.
    No Foreign transaction fees.
    Free enrollment fee for Global Entry and TSA Pre Check.

Other perks as well.

When you travel a lot, fees on cards such as these easily pay for themselves.

5. plus1

plus1 Member

Agreed with Bobrek. Amex Platinum is one of the best cards for travel, though devalued a bit since you no longer get access to American and US Airways lounges (more Amex Centurion lounges seem to be popping up at airports these days).

For those concerned about the high annual fee, Ameriprise currently has a sign up offer for their Amex Platinum card which waives the $450 for the first year. Plus if you spend $3000 in the first 3 months, you get a 25,000 points sign up bonus (down from the traditional 40-50k points sign up bonus) which is worth about $400-500 by itself. Also, there is no additional fee for additional cards (up to 3).

Link here: https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-cards-and-lending/cards/platinum-card-from-american-express.asp

So if you're planning on traveling internationally any time soon, this could be a good card to pick up, as there are plenty of travel perks and they'll pay for Global Entry/TSA Pre Check applications if you haven't already applied.

6. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

That looks pretty good. I could've used that awhile back when I used to fly to Asia a lot.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

As an aside, Global Entry and TSA pre-check are well worth the effort involved in obtaining them.

I think if you get GOES, then you automatically get TSA pre-check. Our only issue with GOES is that we had to go to Chicago to get the final approval as Minneapolis did not have the facilities to process.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Pre Check is completely worth the $85 if you travel a lot domestically. It's saved me numerous times.