1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors agree to four-year deal with Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 2, 2014.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

then quit coming here, all I ever see from you are insults towards everyone else here.

Why do you continue to come and whine? Is it too much a temptation for you to not come back?

Would you like me to ask Clutch to ban you so you can break away from a place you clearly despise?

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

15m????

12m seems right.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd say point guard is the deepest position right now. A lot of solid players playing point guard. Most teams already have a set starter (or at least a point guard of starting caliber). The position is way deeper, PG talent is way easier to find then say- small forwards or centers.

4. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

Anything to do with the Lin/Melo No.7 Jersey story? Lowry signed with Toronto right after he saw No.7 Jersey on Melo @ Toyota Centre.

5. fattz

fattz Member

It the right move for him as an All Star player. He can take the Raptors deep into the East play-off year after year. Here or the Heat he is a very nice role player (see Bosh). He is a STAR to ALL STAR player from now on.

Only the best to him and his family

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

On a positive note, any chance our FO got an almost full early commitment from Melo so we let Kyle in on the news? That way he could go ahead and get his money elsewhere, a sign of respect on our part.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is completely unfair dude. Goat Herders is always positive.

1 person likes this.
  8. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Yeah nobody is even talking about how in consecutive years the #1 pick was Canadian.

Andrew Wiggins
    Tristan Thompson
    Anthony Bennett
    Robert Sacre
    Cory Joseph
    Andrew Nicholson
    Kelly Olynyk
    Tyler Ennis
    Nik Stauskas

Plus Gonzaga has another really good Canadian in Kevin Pangos who could be in the NBA.

Golden age for Canadian basketball

9. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I read from blogs /newspapers based out of Toronto that said the Jeremy Lin stuff influenced his decision. If that is true, it would suck. I really was hoping we would be able to resign Lowry.

That being said, it had been reported multiple times that Lowry's top 2 choices were Toronto or Houston and I am inclined to believe that he just signed with Toronto because that was a place he was comfortable with and had a management team that helped him grow as a player.

If anything, he may have had concerns about the coaching and playing for McHale after all of their previous disagreements. I know there was an article on Yahoo that said Lowry wishes he could have had a do-over with McHale, but bad memories and prior experiences are hard to erase from your memory.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maury was never going to give out the dreaded ETO to a non-superstar, just ask Dragic.

11. conquistador#11

proud of lowry. his loyalty to stay with Toronto ok maybe the 11 mil had a little to do with that. Most importantly with no rudy gay, there are shots for all. =)

many wished him good riddance back in the april collapse of 2012 threads, but standing around watching dragic was not best utilizing him. wish we could bring back those threads to see how stupid we looked.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Actually Lowrys contract avg 12 million per year but if it is structured like most and increases every year, it would start at at 10.5 million, which is more than 4 million under the max that Irving got, though I believe Lowry was eligible for a higher Max as an 8 year player.

As for max FA next year, the rockets need to use their cap space THIS year, because unless the Rockets trade/get rid of Harden or Howard or Parsons next year, they wont have much if ANY cap space to go after above the MLE.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

good on Kyle for getting paid and sticking with what he has started.....

anyhoo would have been a bad fit for the current rockets as he tries hard and has some good skills on the defensive end

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

His username suggests hes a troll. Or that his family truly are but I'm sure other goat herders are jealous he has internet and a computer if that's the case hahah

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

overpaid, but this summer is all about being overpaid....felt he was worth more like 10mil....then again with the overpaid guys like meeks, livingston, bradley, etc.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

1. But he's still not on a max deal is he? 3mill away means he is 3 mill away.
    2. I wasn't talking about his price, I was talking about the fact that good/quality point guards aren't everywhere for the taking.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Point guard might be deep but that still doesn't mean good point guards are everywhere just waiting to be had. By good I don't just mean NBA quality, I mean good starting point guards. Solid is nice, that's what Pat Bev is. A good NBA starting caliber pg is what Lowry is. Gives you points, assists, runs an offense very well AND plays defense. There isn't a surplus of that.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good for Kyle for not ring-chasing. He is old school, he wants to BEAT the best, not join them.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I blame McHale

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If this off-season means you stop posting here forever it will have been a success.