1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What offers RFA Chandler Parson might receive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jun 30, 2014.

?

Match or No Match

Poll closed Jul 10, 2014.
  1. match any offer (max 14 starting)

27.7%
  2. match only if less than 12 starting

72.3%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would love it if he does that. Then he'll have $14mil tied up to his cap while other teams sign Deng, Gasol, Isaiah Thomas, etc. Then Morey takes 3 days, wait til everyone's signed, and then match Parsons.

Then Cuban will have to explain to Dirk why in Dirk's final years, that Dallas end up not spending any money at all to help him win.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Somebody is going to troll Morey and bid him up, like an episode of storage wars. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

3. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

There's a reason that show is fake....because people don't "troll" others when they're the one who risks having to pay the bill at the end of the day.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

with overpayment of free agents this summer, i say 13mil

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Judging from what Lance Stephenson was offered, what Lowry and Gortat got and the rumors about what teams are offering Hayward, I think Parsons contract will end up around 4 year 48 million.

We know Parson thinks he is a better player than Batum and this contract would be larger than Batums 4 year 46.1 million contract.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Fantastic write up from the Wolves SB Nation page on why they should trade for Parsons over Klay:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>A Love trade should be for Chandler Parsons, not Klay Thompson <a href="http://t.co/GEp4SlxHGO">http://t.co/GEp4SlxHGO</a></p>&mdash; canishoopus (@canishoopus) <a href="https://twitter.com/canishoopus/statuses/484763896142901248">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given that Parsons will have to actually agree to go to MIN in order for a Parsons S&T (plus other assets) for Love deal to work this summer, I think the only realistic Parsons/Love deal options is for MIN to keep Love all summer, and then make a deal for Parsons + other pieces in December, when newly signed free agents are eligible to be traded.

8. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Wow......That article....Makes me not even want a third star.

Let's develop our young talent man. And it also shows just how underrated Terrence Jones is. He's a legitimately good NBA player no matter how you look at it.

9. amak316

amak316 Member

I could see some dumb team giving him a mass overpay after we strike out on top FAs and this blowing up in Moreys face. I love DM and think he's brilliant but I do think this off-season is getting dicey on him in a hurry. It's at the point where I feel there's a huge chance we field a team worse off than last year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Morey needs a win after the Asik auction fail and the bombed Jordan Hamilton trade.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the bombed Jordan Hamilton trade was only bad bc our pg got injured and Hamilton regressed. maybe he gets signed again and goes off. who knows.

11. the shark

the shark Member

Cuban is going to offer Parsons 4 yr 56 million

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mavs sure do like their chances of getting Parsons

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Be aware that if Melo signs with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> may end up with Chandler Parsons or Luol Deng. Plus another quality player.</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statuses/484850749000540160">July 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4702469/melo-could-help-push-parsons-to-mavs

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Mavs are delusional. The Rockets would match simply to keep Chandler away from them. They can't possibly be this stupid. They'll sign Luol Deng and enjoy mediocrity.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There is a real possibility that the Mavs are going to offer Parson a huge contract knowing that Morey would match - just to drive up the price.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That I believe. Not that they expect the Rockets to let him go to Dallas.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I just remembered. You didn't respond to me after you challenged me earlier. So are you taking back your words and believe Morey will match anything? Feel free to back out if recent developments has led you to believe otherwise. We all make mistakes after all. But if you still want to challenge me, I'm game.

Also be willing to change it to a tipjar bet if you don't want the stakes to be so drastic. Probably better for the boards anyway if the loser just donate money. But I'm confident enough that I'll win, so I personally don't care either way.

Details of my proposal in this post. Feel free to change anything you feel is unfair.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9054060&postcount=44

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I actually felt sorry. My peeps was telling but checke he don't deserve this. LEZGO

11 mill a year minimum for at least 3 years or more. No its buts and whats.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

And no sign and trade crap.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

So what happens if say, Parsons was traded to the Wolves for, say, $13mil/yr?

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My main saying was Morey is not paying that much and keeping him. Anynody can sign and ship a player out.