1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I see more lin haters here than fans...

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Oh no doubt. theres a reason its at the top of reddit right now and the media is jumping in on it, cause it generates clicks, thats all there is to it, if it was Alston tweeting 'fuq u moray' back in the day nothing would come of it

3. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I agree. He is still here as a player. He contributed much more to Rocket's success in reaching playoff for the last two seasons. Melo hasn't done a thing for Rockets yet. Can't they just blur the number on Melo's Rocket uniform? It is a photo-shop piece anyway. Hate him or like him, LOFs or not, whatever his ethnic background, the Rockets PR should treat Lin with respect as a human being, not to say he is a very decent human being. Demoting him as the starting pg, having a short leash on his mistakes by benching him often, and now this. As much as his play not being consistent, he contributed two wins in this year's playoff. Why should he deserve such undignified treatment by the organization?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can't believe the Rockets screwed Kyle Lowry by giving Melo his number.

#racism

1 person likes this.
  5. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Wouwww 18 pages just in a few hours! Man, this Lin drama is something. I think lin was overreacting, but who could blame him? Omer Asik knew better. Standard procedure should not overtake ethics n manner. Morey, just like a car salesman, failed them both by promising him the world so he would join the rockets and then when circumstances change, morey treated him (and everyone else before lin as usual) as emotionless goods. Morey should just dump Lin first just like Asik before the anthony wooing.

I really want to know if Morey were put on lin's shoes. Starting from the day rockets acquired him from GSW n cut him, get him back until right now.

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Damn this off season is hilarious.

I like Lin and wouldn't mind if he stayed or we made a trade for a third star. But all this free agency drama, draft season, trade talk, cryptic message analysis and Slim Thug tweets have been great.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This is such a non-issue it's not even funny. I can't fathom why anyone would care about our backup pg getting offended because we pulled out all the stops for a rare superstar. Unbelievable.

3 people like this.
  8. coffeelover665

Of course I know, but there are also context. Lin has to be moved if Melo comes. He knows that. Morey plastering number 7 on Melo is just a way of telling the whole world and Lin I'm ready to kick Lin out for you to his face. Thats the thing. It's basically telling Lin, I'm going to drop you.

There's a difference in a guy and everyone he knows knowing he's an ugly ass mother****er. Its another thing to tell him he's an ugly ass mother****er to his face in front of his friends.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is the best thing of all time. WOW

10. atwood

atwood Member

DM: Damn it, so close this time! No, not again!!!:grin:

However, has to give credit to DM for being one of the most creative managers in this league, i.e. inventing the poison pill form of contracts, among many other operations since taking the manager position@ Houston.

11. garfangle

garfangle Member

Morey wasn't right in doing this to Lin because as an employee of an organization you deserve respect from your employer, if your employer is any good. I'm sure Morey wouldn't be happy if Les unveiled a banner asking for Phil Jackson to come work for him while he was still the GM when Phil was available.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is the part where I get to say that Melo took Lin's beloved number 7 for the second time now!

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I guess that's where we disagree. That could have been anyone's number on that poster. It just so happened to be Lin's and that's why anyone is making a fuss over it. If it was Alston, we would have people dancing in the streets.

14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Lin had no feelings when he accepted that poison pill contract and bailed on the Knicks for the Moola!

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Yeah, how can Lin think 25 million is less than 1 Billion? NY would never match that

16. Nook

Nook Member

He posted two tweets, and tried to hide behind scripture because he is a passive aggressive wuss that lacks the stones to directly confront the issue.

Luckily, most people are getting a chuckle out of Lin's absurdity.

17. vincilicious

vincilicious Member

Thats not how restricted free agency works.

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I thought posting on twitter is him confronting the issue?

How else do you want him to confront the issue? Go talk to Morey and ask to be traded? right....

19. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Problem is... U r not even an nba player so noone will pay u $15 mil.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

so funny how people over react to this just because Lin and Anthony wear the same number