1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Let's f***ing get LeBron.

2. jose

jose Member

I see him going back to the Cavs, him and Kyrie have pretty good chemistry.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I've always been skeptical of Bosh and Wade taking such a deep pay cut. I mean you really think Bosh and Wade would be happy taking an average of 12 million per year when they just opted out of 2 years at 40 million?

I think the truth is starting to slowly come out and this will result in Miami not having the salary cap space to bring in any additional help.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, now Chris Broussard is reliable?

:p

But really, we think that LeBron doesn't know what he's doing or wants to do?

This is all games. He's returning to Miami.

5. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

He is pretty reliable on Lebron. He has connections to Rich Paul and World Wide Wes.

Also this jives with reality. Lebron opts out days before Bosh/Wade do (meaning it was not planned). Then Miami misses or will miss on any decent free agent....and with Lebron demanding that every position on the team be improved the writing is on the wall. Lebron is LeGone imo.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, we can pick and choose when/who he's reliable with? :p

Chris Paul - reliable
    LeBron James - reliable
    Carmelo Anthony - not reliable

See edit in previous post.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm never going to get any work done until September. Friggin' ClutchFans is crack.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

9. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

I don't know what connections he has to Melo and CP3, but he has been pretty accurate on Lebron. Lebron isn't resigning with Miami after they strike out in FA (which they will).

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Whether he is reliable to me isn't the key point.

The salary cap is. Bosh and Wade are not willing to take deep pay cuts. This results in the heat having little salary cap space to go out and acquire talent.

It's really that simple. Will Lebron be willing to stay in Miami with a similar squad to last season when he could go play with the likes of harden howard and parsons? Your guess is as good as mine.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if they didn't opt out, there was no way he was coming back. Looks like they took a chance to hold it all together.

12. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

Plus Bosh didn't lose money because he can get a max contract from a couple different teams. Based on loyalty alone Wade can still get a 50 million dollar deal from Miami so even he gains money.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think he's returning.

But as I asked above, do we really think that LeBron doesn't know what he's doing or wants to do?

Could be wrong but seems unlikely.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Within a few days, all of the teams LeBron would consider signing with will have their payroll filled up with Melo, Deng, Lowry and the likes. If he's serious about going elsewhere, he better act fast.

15. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

But how can Lebron know what he wants to do when Riley is still in the process of recruiting FAs to Miami? I doubt Lebron said "you know what I have decided Miami no matter what" especially since he opted out for a reason to put pressure on Riley to get better talent on the roster. If he can't do it then it seems very unlikely Lebron would resign.

Why resign just to get driven into the ground while Wade sits out and Bosh stands at the 3 point line and probably another non-ring season?

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just my opinion i guess, but I don't think Lebron is on vacation. That is way too convenient for this time of year.

I think he's secretly meeting with the teams he's interested in. If he stays in Miami, no foul and no-one knows he was looking around. If he leaves, he can act fast since he's already seen the presentations.

17. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Where is this secret hiding place you are referring to? Some place where everyone in the world doesn't have an iPhone to take pics of GM's/players/agents they recognize in the airport?

18. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Reading a report (NBA legion quoting some random dude that works with fox) that LBJ has started the process of seeing how he fits with other teams. There might be a real chance Miami implodes this offseason.

19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>From what I'm hearing there's a &quot;good chance&quot; LeBron James leaves the Miami Heat</p>&mdash; Eric Rosenthal (@ericsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/ericsports/statuses/484544943742918657">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Who is Eric Rosenthal? I just googled him. He founded Houndsports.com, a sports "rumor" site.