1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I certainly wouldn't have gone on Twitter. That is pretty much the first suggestion in the Dumbest Things To Do book...

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lin knew Morey was cold blooded when he cut him on Christmas Day. WTF did he expect.

Entire thing is hilarious.

3. Omron

Omron Member

It's like me walking into my office one morning and seeing my boss telling a prospective employee the office is his if he joins the company. All this while I'm still employed. Common decency dictates at least some kind of heads up.

1 person likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't consider that more respectable, just more thoughtful. Lin should know that regardless of who we are recruiting, he is gone anyways. It just so happened that the player we are chasing has his number. That is all.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Um... that happens ALL the time in big companies...

6. Stats

Stats Member

I would've been ticked as hell, but Twitter is generally a bad decision whenever you are not calm. Lin should've not posted anything.

Is it just the fact I've only followed Rockets closely for the last couple of years or do rockets have more player "feeling disrespected" drama than other teams?

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

WOW. I SERIOUSLY CANT BELIEVE WE ARE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS.

WHATS THE DEAL HERE? I DONT EVEN SENSE AN ISSUE?

I honestly don't get whats the issue here. I am a massive fan of Lin's, but anyone that knows the NBA knows he is not a star in this league, or at least on the court. So what's wrong about a 6th man making way for the arrival of a new superstar who would like to use his number? How can Lin be hurt?

The way I see it is:

1) This is a non-issue. Totally normal and would be done by every single team in the league or any other professional organisation.
    2) Even if this is an issue, Lin should remain professional and know this is a business. His basketball contract does not state that this cannot be done, and the terms of the contract still remain: Jeremy Lin plays basketball and the organisation pays him his salary. It's as simple as that.

8. team5

team5 Member

If you are talking about real business or being professional, you have to be sensitive and show respect, otherwise will be sued.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If truly everyone believes so, why would the media even bother to make a big deal out of this? I don't mean they shouldn't put the #7 on Melo, if that is what Melo wanted, by all means. What they should have done is pre-inform Lin that this is the case, and be respectful, tell him it is all business, no hard feelings, like Morey later explained. Instead of coming out only after it is overblown by media, clear the issue before it is developed would be a much better way. Maybe they just thought Lin would just swallow it like he always does.

10. team5

team5 Member

Is Foxconn in Houston?

11. James88

James88 Member

It's how the world works. Grow up. They're not his family. They don't owe him jack ****. It's a business and Lin has no leverage. He'll get punted around from one team to the next, and he'll make millions doing it. That $25million contract to play basketball is plenty of respect.

Even all-stars like Chris Bosh and Pau Gasol get **** on all the time. And at least they deserve better. Lin is nothing in this league, just like most of everyone else. Cry me a ****ing river.

12. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

lol go rox i suppose

13. rabblerabble

rabblerabble Member

It was disrespectful. It will likely have no bearing on how other players view the Rockets as an organization. I would LOVE if it was purposefully antagonistic as a cherry on top for trying to get Melo to join.

Outside of that, if a player feels his organization did something disrespectful & the player voices that via social media, the absolute wrong thing to do is try to leak it to Woj that the disrespect was done with the player's knowledge/blessing before hand and make it seem as if the player suddenly developed thin skin. It was a shot across his bow, his skin is bruised, no need to debase the organization or fanbase by acting as if the player did something to sabotage or escalate things.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Does it freaking matter? Companies and big businesses only care about ONE thing... money. In the NBA, winning is money.

15. team5

team5 Member

I agree and this applies to both Lin and Morey.

16. Omron

Omron Member

I didn't say it doesn't happen. I'm saying it's not a classy way of handling things. All I know is if it happened to me, I'll be pissed.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin didn't make a big deal out of this, he just complained on a single twitter AFTER media blew it up. I don't think anyone in his shoes would be happy about it.

If anything, the exploiting media should be blamed for blowing this thing up.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Because the media is a bunch of whores who will do anything and everything for clicks and dollars. Lin is a popular cultural icon, especially for the Asian community. They are pandering to FANS not players by pushing this non-issue. You think Melo or Lebron or Lowry gives a crap about Lin being butthurt? Not at all.

19. team5

team5 Member

yes Foxconn operates in China. I expect NBA/US corp to have better standard.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

of course its disrespectful if and only if THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY HIM.

"Hey Lin, we're going to use your number for the melo billboards and stuff just letting you know.

"Oh ok, thanks for letting me know" how hard was that

It's not exactly the same as Bev/Scola etc. Lin KNOWS that if they get melo he is shipped right the fuq outta Houston. writing on the wall more or less.

Bev - "Oh I'll just change numbers for Dwight'

Lin - "So they're trading me now, I wonder what phillys like"