1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This whole issue is getting blown way out of proportion.

Though for the ones bringing up Bev as an example, wasn't he already on his way to changing his number?

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

In all honesty, this would have been a non-issue if it wasn't for Lin's response. He could have just tweeted the bible verse and it would have been fine!

3. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This story blowing up is not going to help the sign Melo cause. Crapola.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Why you so Linconsiderate, Murray?

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This is such a non-issue. Anyone commenting that this will have affect on future FA signings or on how the organization and Morey are viewed is insane. This photoshop thing has zero impact on anything.

And this is an ESPN story because it involves Lin and a perceived slight, which is a click-creating gold mine. Just look at this forum for proof. ESPN is a terrible, terrible website and channel, and I could't care less what any of their hacks have to say (except David Aldridge, who I like).

I, for one, cannot wait to rid this town and team of Lin and his minions. I have hopefully watched the guy jump into the lane without any idea of where the pass should go for the last time. I am not a fan of Melo (AT ALL) but if we sign him, we better get rid of Lin at the same time.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I hope Clint Capela is consulted before the Rockets consider allowing this.

1 person likes this.
  7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin could have just been professional about it and remained silent. He could have put his personal agenda aside and just let the team go about it's business. It wasn't a big deal. Let the fans rage on his behalf. No need to escalate things.

The jersey thing could have been worked out in private should Melo decide to commit. But I guess Lin might as well tip some tables on his way out the door.

This whole thing is hilarious.

8. TheresTheDagger

LOL. IT WILL HAVE ZERO IMPACT.

Carmelo doesn't give a crap about Lin and certainly isn't going to let his butthurtness effect a decision about money, titles, and legacy.

I'm not saying the Rockets are gonna get Melo...there are other very attractive options out there. I AM saying that this has no impact. Period.

2 days from now this will not even be a blip on the news screen as free agents start to sign.

9. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

10. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

So if DJ Augustine was #7 on the Bulls, do you honestly think anyone would give a ****? So sick of anything involving Lin being a huge story

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

BOOM!

I wonder how many people see it this way?

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol yes!

13. jason330i

jason330i Member

melo is gonna pick Chicago just because of this.

damn you Lin!!!

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No one would have talked about this if it was Terrane Jones jersey or DMO's or Troy Daniels.

Just because it is Lin, there is so much drama over non issue thanks to all his groupies and Lin himself.

15. Cypress

Cypress Member

Well damn the fkery commerce!

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think it only hurts us with other FAs if THEY see it as disrespectful. I know a lot fans don't, because they are ready to show Lin the door. But maybe the players see it differently, we don't know.

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KX_zYY2fE2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No. I do recall him saying he didn't mind changing it b/c he used to be #21 anyway. But he only had that for like a week before he had to give it up to Camby. LOL.

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

i dont remember Bev starting a holy war on twitter over Dwight taking his number

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston pre-informed Jeremy Lin of the use of his No. 7 on 'Melo recruiting images, source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484444283009630208">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. PatBeverleyFan

Lin going out with a bang.