1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. jason330i

jason330i Member

exactly! the end is near and now is not the time to pull your punches.

:grin:

2. ryebread

ryebread Member

surprised?

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

What kind of car do you drive?

4. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Dont get LOFs and LOHs hopes up too much. We've all been here before. We can all rejoice when it actually gets confirmed :D

5. jason330i

jason330i Member

obviously a Volvo.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Speaking of this..

I almost never ventured into the game chat IRC thing.. except during the playoffs, I did a few times.

And there were a ton of LOH8r's spewing their stupidity.

Nobody was saying anything against them, which I found in very poor taste, and not really acceptable behavior.

So, on a couple of occasions, I mentioned how much I disliked 'Lin-only-haters'.. and was instantly kicked form the chat room.

WTH?

I don't know who was in charge of that thing, but whoever it was, he was on some kind of bizarre power trip, and also apparently a LOH8r as well, and by golly he was not going to tolerate anyone saying anything to the contrary.

So what's the deal? Is that just the un-written rule of game chat? People can say any vile hateful thing against one of our players they want, but if someone calls them on it, the person complaining gets kicked?

Or is it only when people say vile vicious things about Lin?

smh

Now before anyone accuses me of being a LOF, no, of course not. I think I see him with a pretty clear eye. He's talented, but still relatively inexperienced, and tends to panic. But I also saw that his effort was one of the only things keeping us in a couple of those playoff games. See both sides people.

Yeah, he made a mistake by not calling timeout. But who in their right mind would have thought there would have been anyone BEHIND him at that moment, at that spot on the floor? It's easy to say he should have done something differently, but what about the great play he had just made to get into that spot in the first place?

Treat the guy with a little respect at least. This viciousness is not becoming of Houston - we're better than that.

1 person likes this.
  7. JMG524

JMG524 Member

More like Howard jumping in the air for a backdoor alleyoop but instead doesn't get the ball cuz Melo's too busy launching up shots himself.

8. boiler

boiler Member

Are you happy that Lin is leaving the Rockets?

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You guys ruined this thread.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what did you expect of a thread about Lin getting traded

at least if he is really gone the GARM will calm down to it's normal level of stupidity before Lin was here.

I honestly can't wait for the Lin internet defense force to move somewhere else.

11. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

THIS. Repped. It's a shame how lowly and petty this board has become. Whether it is due to the annoying LOFs or not, but two wrongs don't make a right. Towards the end of the season when most of the LOFs were shut up and only the trolls were left over, LOHs were still out in full force. It got to a point where for every LOF there were 10 LOH. The reveling and pure satisfaction some people got after Lin made a bad play DESPITE IT BEING AT THE COST OF THE TEAM was pretty telling how divisive this board became. CUTTING OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR OWN FACE. Think about it. People wanted to see Lin fail so badly even if it hurt the team. The same team they supposedly LOVED so much and DEFENDED from the illegal alien LOFs. Talk about irony. LOHs under the guise of TRUE Rockets fans...guess what...you were no better than the LOFs who weren't TRUE Rockets fans. A TRUE Rockets fan would support a player who's done no harm to anybody in the city of Houston even though he was mediocre on the court.

This is the internet where poor and distasteful behavior is embellished and maybe shouldn't be taken seriously. But, if this is really how some of the posters behave and THINK in real life then I don't know what to say. Maybe that's why they call it the 1%/99%. The 99%/vast majority of the population is just really really unintelligent and lack logical reasoning. I get it if Lin threw the city of Houston under the bus, if he broke the law or carried himself as a poor role model. But, he didn't do any of that. He did the absolute opposite. That's what's so puzzling to me. MadMax posted how Lin cleaned bathrooms at homeless shelters, none of which were publicized because he didn't want it to make the news. He's done more to help Houston in two years than probably >90% of the Houstonites on this board. So, who really reps Houston? Ask yourselves that.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets MVP: Sam Hinkie! The guy just keeps taking contracts we no longer want off our hands.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Honestly, anyone with a modicum of court/game awareness should've known.

We were up by 2 with 30 seconds left. Lin should've known that defensive pressure would be intense and that the Blazers would try to steal the ball.

When Lin got the rebound, both Lillard and Mo Williams converged on him. Lillard stayed at Lin's hip. Lin should've known that Williams coming from behind. There was no other logical place for him to be.

Also, Lin was 90 feet from the basket. When you don't see all the defenders in front of you, that means there are some behind you. Common sense.

What great play? Are you referring to him not moving and the rebound bouncing right to him? It would've been better if he were elsewhere on the court. Dwight would've gotten the rebound and called the timeout. He wouldn't have tried to run a fast break...

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Via <a href="https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin">@Michael_Levin</a>, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sixers?src=hash">#Sixers</a> are interested in trading for Jeremy Lin. At least he'd be fun to draw... <a href="http://t.co/PdPFkpnSoZ">pic.twitter.com/PdPFkpnSoZ</a></p>&mdash; Rob Tornoe (@RobTornoe) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobTornoe/statuses/484442721545752578">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Wow. They classlessness displayed by some of our members is disgusting. While I was frustrated by Lin's play on many occasions. I never once doubted his effort and hustle. Sure he made mistakes. Everyone does that. As long as the effort is there. What more can u ask from him. You expect jlin to play like Jordan? But only take 10 shots a game to do it?

I swear the hate is so irrational. Says something about what this site has become when no one speaks out against it.

3 people like this.
  16. Remii

Remii Member

If the Rockets were to get Melo and they still had Lin _ it's an automatic Lin would give up that number if Melo wanted it. But the Rockets could have kept it classy and just photoshopped Melo in a #1 jersey.

And Lin could have kept it classy and kept his mouth shut. The Rockets paid him more than any other team was willing to offer (I believe) and he's a bench player. How the hell can a bench player feel disrespected... Lol.

Two classless moves by both parties.

1 person likes this.
  17. James88

James88 Member

LOL U. Lin's gone, get over it.

18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

At the end of the day I really doubt that we get Melo. I still think that he winds up in Chicago. I think Lebron will probably stay in Miami with Wade and Bosh. Then it comes down to Lowry, Love, or even Rondo. They all would fit well on this team, but between the three I would have to say that I would take Rondo or Lowry. It seems like the Celtics are going in a different direction at PG. They drafted Marcus Smart and are rumored to be talking to Isaiah Thomas as well. With Lowry I just read that the Raptors offered him 44 million but he wants something closer to 55 million. Would we even be able to afford that? After trading Lin, I thought we would only have close to 24 million dollars in cap space? I don't think Lowry is worth the max though so hopefully we won't use it all on him.

1 person likes this.
  19. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is clearly a leak by Rockets/Sixers so that New York/Toronto feels more heat. "We really gonna trade Lin and sign Melo/Lowry outright so take our S&T while you still have the chance!!"

20. James88

James88 Member

Melo is obviously resigning in New York.