1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

haha. Dude. We don't have Love.

Let's be realistic for this summer. We won't have enough to trade for Love and lebron and bosh aren't coming here. We're gonna try for Lowry, but I think he'll end up staying in the east and would get paid more than we would have like to anyway.
    Our main target and only one we still have a shot at is Carmelo. I don't feel great about our chances, been hearing more about Chicago for him, but it's still our best hope from the guys everyone is dreaming about.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...-seeing-kyle-lowry-reaching-out-to-luol-deng/

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The Rockets can offer more money, less taxes, a better roster, and most importantly they do not have the worst contract in the league sucking up all their cap space who hasn't played in two years.

Melo is an idiot if he signs with the Bulls.

(Amare) Fool me once....

(Rose) Fool me twice....

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

This had been clear from day one. All else being equal, Melo would choose Chicago without a doubt. The Rockets are clearly #2 or #3 in the race until they can prove to be worthy of him giving up the glamour of Chicago/New York.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Houston and Dallas are close to each other. Would it make sense to go to Chicago in the morning, then fly to Houston to do an afternoon session? I don't think so. He may very well prefer Chicago, but spend full day in CHI isn't telling us anything.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carmelo still visiting with Bulls. Do they let him get on the plane without a verbal commitment?</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/484144610097123328">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

so basically he spent the whole day with the bulls while he's only gonna spend half a day with Houston and Dallas..

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Oh God, it's all over... :(

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Give Morey one hour.

His presentation will be better than Chicago's.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Someone tell GarPax that begging is unseemly...

13. Fullcourt

Eh, not feeling good.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. I hope the people who were trying to convince themselves that the schedule was no big deal are seeing things more clearly now.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Thibs is there as well.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's really all I need to know. It's Chicago or New York for him, IMO. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but that's just what it seems like.

Just hoping we land somebody that moves the needle for us at this point. The big names look less and less likely.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Bulls have nothing really to sell him on, so they have to wine and dine him in order to make up for a lack of substance.

18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Maybe they are trying to get him drunk so they can get a verbal commitment.

19. Fullcourt

I think a full day of vibing with the organization, getting to experience the camaraderie and atmosphere with the players/coaches could be disastrous for us if he's digging it.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He scheduled the Rockets and Mavericks together because of geography. Melo may well sign with Chicago, but it isn't because he visited Chicago first.