1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tweet @ 9:08pm: Lebron James IS staying in Miami... 100%?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Thank God you rant the GM... SMDH

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's not leaving Miami. Wade and Bosh will opt out and they'll all resign for less. Why would he not stay with a team that's made the Finals 4 years in a row?

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Most people were convinced he wouldn't leave Cleveland either, we're in essence down to a 2 horse race, yes we're behind but eh, risk nothing win nothing.

As for why he'd leave, wouldn't that be obvious? because he doesn't think the team can win many or even any more rings? The Spurs had quite literally the 2nd through 7th best players on the court during the finals, he was in a time vortex where he got live the virtual life of Wilt Chamberlain, and that is who Lebron will become, the next Wilt.

#43 Aleron, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you sure it was 9:08?

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

another ? when did he win his first ?

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would disagree about most people not thinking he'd leave the Cavs. He looked like he wanted out of there BEFORE that series with the Celtics was even over. And the difference with Cleveland vs. Miami is that he'd been to the Finals only once there and it had been 3 years earlier. Plus he'd never won any titles.

Think about what he'd be walking away from. A 2-time champion. A team with 4 straight trips to Finals. And in a horribly weak Eastern Conference. Unless Wade refuses to take a pay cut, I can't see LeBron bailing.

8. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

NEWS FLASH: getting your favorite draftee doesn't make you a lock to stay.

People are gonna be mad once Wade opts in.

9. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Most people? I disagree. Lebron sent all the signals he wanted to leave cavs, only die hard naive cavs fans still believed he would stay. Before the "decision", he also conveyed to everyone it was a 3 or 2 horse race, yet we all knew those 3 colluded to play in south beach. Rockets are not behind, lebron made it look like rockets n every wishful thinking GM feels like they are in the race, but everyone is not racing.

Leave miami? As bad as miami lost in the finals, the spurs were so synergistic, well tuned that even with a healthy wade, i dont think the heat can beat the spurs. Only the mavs took them to 7 games. Western conference is so deep, not only lebron has to play 100% all regular games, plus he needs to step 2 gears in the playoffs. No offence to the eastern conference, the heat are more likely to waltz n cruise to the finals again from the east instead of the west. How do u get rings if u dont get to the finals first? 2nd to 7th best players in the finals? Literally it looked that way bcos spurs play the good system. Good chemistry n teamwork always thrive against individual showcase.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol true but it is not like he did not come close. All he needs is upgrade the PG spot and Big Men Spots.

Some good swingmen could be useful too.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

;) another two peat ok, you context fascists!

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol LeBron playing many people in this thread for fools. He is staying. This is just like the Decision, he's making other teams make moves to make themselves weaker while he has already made his mind. What a tease.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've moved on (for now). Give me Love, and if not Love give me Melo.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have not. Give me a championship, if no championship then give a WC trophy.

15. Possum

Possum Member

Why isn't the stupid ass thread locked up yet?

16. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

yep it's over

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Smh. How the hell does Lebron's FA come up in a draft discussion? It's gonna be long azz summer:rolleyes:

18. ribbit

ribbit Member

This suddenly became a 'Doc Rocket' kind of thread. The way I see it, LBJ's tweet is just a 'welcome to the team' kind of thing. Just saying something nice, whether truth or not, about a new teammate.

19. split41

split41 Member

Huh? This tweet was before he was even drafted...the heat had to trade up to get him

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And yet didn't get drafted Top 3???