1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston Could Get Melo AND Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Correct. Morey tried to orchestrate a sign and trade of Eric Gordon to Houston a few years back (yuck), before he signed Phoenix's offer sheet.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

It was more of a "HEY...looks what's possible" that turned into a "NO, that ain't even possible in reality" to "Okay, while not LIKELY, let me show you how it is POSSIBLE".

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The semantics is how unlikely does something have to be, in order to be practically impossible, even if it's technically possible? The chances are so low that even if it "could" happen, it almost certainly won't. I'd never be happier to be proven wrong though :)

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

We aren't playing a game of semantics. Just go re-read the beginnings of the 'debate' on page 19. Unless you're willfully self-delusional, it's clear what the conversation was about. In fact, the first few responses were all saying how it isn't possible unless stars took vet mins or ridiculously low amounts. Far86's whole point is it is possible even WITHOUT that happening. Of course it's possible if they all took vet mins, but that's not even what people are discussing.

Convincing Parsons and Minny to SnT for $11M/yr for Parsons is no where near (like, not even within the same realm) the impossibility of LBJ or the like taking vet mins...

5. pwnyxpress

Most likely not happening, mostly due to the fact that LBJ to Houston is VERY unlikely to happen, but Morey will still be doing his due diligence on it.

And if so, I think he'd do his due diligence on this possibility as well.

6. FANfrom86toNow

That's my whole point. I didn't even think it was possible until I started paying attention to a lot of cap, salaries and trade rules from different threads. Then when I saw what was POSSIBLE, I said to myself, if I can see this possibility, surely Morey, who is much smarter than I am when it comes to this stuff and probably a whole lot of other things, has to at least look at these possibilities as part of his due diligence.

That's why I threw it out there. Thanks for helping to clarify matters pwnyxpress! Would rep if I could.

7. basketballholic

Yes it is.

We

are

not

trading

Parsons.

8. pwnyxpress

Haha np, my lone contribution before I ragequit for months at a time again.

9. FANfrom86toNow

Man I understand. After I heard they were bringing McHale back, I swore to not even watch until maybe the playoffs next year. But the thought of getting 1 or 2 other Stars, and bringing in maybe Hollins as associate head coach, has got me back on the edge of my seat again.

Depending on how much happens, I might actually have to break down and get those sure to be raised price season tickets! lol (still aint getting comcast though)

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Keep in mind w/talk about LeBron to Hou: Dwight/LBJ weren't exactly buds on Team USA. Glowing remarks about Melo weren't by accident.</p>&mdash; Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) <a href="https://twitter.com/RicBucher/statuses/482308214709428224">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Confident they'll get a chance. Beyond that, too soon. MT <a href="https://twitter.com/D12toHouston">@D12toHouston</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Are Rockets confident they'll land 1 of 2 big FA?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/482313501826744320">June 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. verysimplejason

MELO, LBJ, HOWARD. Championship!!! Make it happen Morey.

14. HPD

HPD Member

Gonna be a sad feeling when we get nones....

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What where the remarks about melo

16. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

what happened between LBJ and Dwight? Because they do a pretty good job disguising it while the cameras are turned on.

17. HPD

HPD Member

Riff during team usa practices

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What Ric, not a Rockets fan??

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Didn't Ric almost guarantee Dwight was going to warriors?

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ric bucher laughed on I air and asked the espn anchor if he was a rockets fan for suggesting Dwight to Houston.