1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets finalizing deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 25, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Omer Asik for cap space and a protected first rounder?

1. YES

589 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

79 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You wanna play this game?

It's not eyebrow it's unibrow.

2. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

shouldve traded asik in the east. great. now we have to face asik 4 times a year.

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Any other players included? Hard to believe it's a straight deal

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

This is an example of not satisfying everyone's desire.

:rolleyes:

5. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

Dont you guys think we will also get Ryan Anderson with the Asik deal? We could give them Casspi and DMO.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

No, we get a draft pick for next year's draft.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Summers with Murry are a universe of infinite possibilities. It's too hot to go outside, baseball sucks and there is no football, but I get to spend hours and hours glued to the screen totally intrigued. Sweet!

Minor points:
    I think Dmo is more important now as the back up C. All the reports on this year's "strong" draft say this player or that player is a great pick that will take years to develop. Dmo is developing, he's a lot bigger and still quick with crazy moves in the paint, he just needed to learn where to be on D, he certainly doesn't lack for effort.

Every GM knew Asik had to happen and that usually lowers the offers, We got a very nice deal. With Morea it's always about the value added by the asset. This pick adds flexibility and will be worth more in combination with other assets than by itself.

Something is going to happen this Summer but at this point you could not guess what it will be with Lowery, Love, Melo, James, Bosh all in play. I would love to see Morey's flow chart on If This/Then That with dates, salaries, and team requirements as a result. It must be a 1,000 square foot white board.

Last year I was co-hosting a big July the 4th party and the guests were all wondering where I was. I was at the computer the whole time. Looks like they are going to miss me again this year.

1 person likes this.
  8. Manos

Manos Member

The guy's a flake, look at his handle... He'll probably have an issue with the Rockets getting LBJ, if it comes to fruition.

Fans: Hurray, we got James!!
    Him: I can't believe we cleared space for LeCramp, he's almost 30.... <queue the Debbie Downer track>

9. JD88

JD88 Member

27m/3yrs left?

No thanks

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James play on the same team, they practically have the same freaking game. I think they would not mesh well.

11. Remii

Remii Member

I hope Morey gets what he wants because he's arguably just assisted New Orleans in having the best front court in the NBA. Asik is all Davis needs. Davis is the best young big man in the NBA and now he has a body guard on the court with him in Asik.... Damn...!!!

12. torocan

torocan Member

Uh, no.

Lebron is much, Much, MUCH more versatile.

Lebron can play the 2, 3, or 4 position. He can also drive and kick, post up, play from the perimeter, face up, back to the basket, play the point from most positions, and score from virtually anywhere on the floor.

Melo is fairly well defined. Lebron can adjust his game to fit most anyone.

In terms of fit, you can either put them on opposite ends of the floor and run strong/weak side, or you can utilize Lebron/Melo in PnR's, or put either in the corner for kick outs, play them in a 2 man game with Dwight at the basket, or any number of permutations.

Melo doesn't fit with everyone, but Lebron happens to fit with most everyone.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I don't think they would mesh well either. I hope we just get one or the other + Harden.

Lebron has that "it" factor to win so obviously he is first choice. Lowry and Love would be MOST ideal though.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's all to carve out space for another max player.

We can't be taking anyone back because we need all the cap space we can get. But yeah, we just made NOP much much better.

We can console ourselves with the fact that Morey did make Asik into a "star" (sort of). No one wanted him as a starter (even CHI) before we got him.

So Morey can turn someone undervalued into a valuable commodity again.

15. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

According to the chronicle we get the pelican 's draft pick the first year that they pick between 4 and 19. Sound like it keep roll over one year to the next until they pick between 4 and 19. Like this deal a lot.
    As far as asik might with dwight problem, I donot think we need much offensively from dwight if u add another superstar to the roster. There are many times last year we won the game and howard score in the teen . This team has more than enough offense if we have another star. We should be able to beat the pelican. If not then why even talk about championship if we could not handle a borderline playoff /lottery team.

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

If the Ryan Anderson to PHX rumors are true, I guess we didn't really want him after all.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oemer, you can always come back when the lineup is:

Lowry
    Afflalo/Harden
    Lebron
    Melo/Love

18. calcium

calcium Member

I dont think Lowry will play nice for McHale.

Just a hunch. :)

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, maybe I'm being dumb, but are y'all sure Omer will start there? For his sake, I hope he's not just going to be an expensive, 15-min-per-game back-up again. Just seems like both of those guys play the five and Ryan is your stretch 4. Maybe I'm waaaay off though.

Either way, they will be scary good on the interior.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rumor* has it they are trading Ryan Anderson. So it'd be a 'Brow-Asik frontcourt.

*Message board rumor. Not something reported by Woj, Amick, Stein, etc.