1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yeah but was Miami media any bigger than Houston media pre-Lebron?

2. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I don't watch ESPN. I just put it for curious reasons to see how the hype was going from all this and see they even mention Houston. Yeap, I was right about not watching ESPN. Back to ID channel and getting info on here! FUESPN!

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I worked it out to be $18 to $19mil in houston. Which is slightly less than Dwight but pretty close to his absolute max of $20mil(his absolute max is less than Melo because he took a paycut in his last year). Yeah, that's at least seems workable from an athlete ego perspective.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was there an ESPNMiami prior to Lebron?

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's fans that came in after 94 and 95. The media wasn't obsessed with us back then so like back then I still say today F 'em.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Does LeBron have long term plans to stay in Miami? No.

So why opt out? He's leaving.

Who can he play for that has money to give him? Short list.

Who already has talent to surround him? Short list.

Things are DEFINITELY looking promising.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

After the Dwight Howard saga last year I take everything said not serious until a signing actually is agreed upon and I know it through the people I know at Toyota center. Otherwise this guessing game is pure entertainment like espn.

8. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Or many Heat fans?

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

New Yorkers in general were annoyed that Houston was in the finals with their Knicks.

I remember Bill Walton hating a lot on the telecasts

10. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

The long term thing is what confuses me most about staying in Miami. The pieces clearly aren't there right now. Yea LeBron can easily attract other stars, but there is a lot of uncertainty. Houston hands down gives him the best chance to win both now and in the future.

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I don't think there is an ESPN Miami now, just Heat Index which just covers the Heat, not the Dolphins or Marlins.

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

and this ESPN thing is not just Houston, its the whole state

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

http://youtu.be/Ay7ZeMHiAY0

This is how I feel about the media versus Houston.

14. madbomber

Ahhh man ...miss ol Bernie Mac ! Lol loved the video! Right on!

15. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

This is for(( clutch citizen))
    For over a decade... Us Rockets fans have been //felt dejected bc we could not land big time stars (the closest was landing Tmac, and drafting Yao)... And now for Daryl Morey to use his masterful, ingenious statistical analytical skills to use since being our GM.. We've finally landed big fishes like Howard and Harden.. And now we're in the talks of pursuing Melo, LeBron, etc... We should bask in this opportunity (we could be the mediocre teams that used to never get the chance at these Tier 1 superstars)... Now it's finally happening and why not get on board? Love or Hate Howard in the past... Look how much he's impacted our team and what he's done for the city? I'm on board and ready to blast off in space city: bring these guys here! I miss how crazy those back to back championship parties were in the H!!

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I laughed for like 5 minutes straight. I really respect how hard Les, Morey and the rockets organization has been working to build a championship team. The media we don't need their hype just get the championships.

18. madbomber

I just hope Rockets can put to them and those "sources" like with Howard signing. Its a longshot but I'm keeping fingers crossed!

19. Progs

Progs Member

Michael Rapaport pretty much calling Broussard a joke on ESPN

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-DwopET0ZSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Seriously it sounds like little man syndrome around here always talking about the media and ESPN so much. Guess what, there's probably 25 other cities in the same boat that get overlooked just as much if not more. The world isn't focused on Houston and conspiring against the Rockets, do you know how crazy that sounds?

And if you don't like ESPN why do you guys pay so much attention to it? I only check it for scores (and the world cup now), and I don't have the app installed because there's plenty of other places to get news and info. And even if ESPN reports it everyone else will pass along the same info the next minute.