1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Finals: (1) San Antonio vs. (2) Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 16, 2014.

?

(1) San Antonio vs. (2) Oklahoma City

Poll closed May 18, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

9.3%
  3. Spurs in 6

40.2%
  4. Spurs in 7

30.9%
  5. Thunder in 7

4.1%
  6. Thunder in 6

15.5%
  7. Thunder in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Thunder in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MpZWPrPDzbu/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Even with Harden, I don't think the Thunder would have beaten the Spurs.

Green or Belinellli would have a field day against Harden.

4. Houston_Rockets

Feel free to have an opinion, it feels great to have one based on what you see on TV no emotions attached.

5. Awesome

Awesome Member

LOL...

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

lol nevermind

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

One way or the other, we should hear something on Bonehead pretty soon. If he's retained, I imagine the collective groan from OKC will be loud. If he's canned, every available coach in the free world will line up.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know who OKC should go after in free agency?

Boris Diaw.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wish I could quote the statards that kep trying to equate regular season play with the postseason. Buh buh... The RoX and OkC is 8-0 vs sPuRZ they beat them bad becuZ this stAT and that StAT. Then their god Morey looks like an idiot with his stupid predictions.

1 person likes this.
  10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Who would you think would be the best candidate for the job?

Their seasons ended to the Heat in 12 and Spurs 14 (when their big 3 are all playing). Those teams are better than OKC.

So although Brooks is a mediocre coach, it's hard to say they lost to lesser teams.

I would like to see Lionel Hollins or George karl give it a go at that team.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bonehead has been there 6 years and still coaches like a novice. It has to be someone credible and experienced who would actually implement a system on both ends of the floor, impose it on the players and have the guts to hold guys accountable. Someone who doesn't overuse pet players (which can kill a team at critical times) and makes them play within their limitations. There is more but I'll leave it at that for now.

I haven't thought long enough on a replacement. SVG would have been the best choice, but he's taken. George Karl is done IMO. Maybe Lionel Hollins, but he would be shock therapy coming after Bonehead. Maybe that is exactly what they need.

In 2012, I felt OKC was indeed a better team. Spoelstra made a unique (at the time) adjustment and Bonehead refused to respond in kind because of "comfort". Instead he continued jamming a square peg at a round hole. But what's done is done. This year, if you switched coaches, OKC would have easily won this series because their depth would have been better developed during the season, they would have an offense that made things easy for KD & WB and the discipline on defense would be much improved.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Having Ibaka back was enough for OKC to let Jackson stay on the bench.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

1) 3rd Quarter, Spurs increase lead from 2 to 10 with Parker/Duncan not playing.
    2) Spurs win on the road without Parker the 2nd half

Awesome team!!!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brooks when asked if it's time to turn the page on Perkins: &quot;That remains to be seen. There’s a lot of work to be done this summer.&quot;</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/statuses/473129603242803201">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brooks on whether Jackson will start: &quot;I hate to put myself in that position, because who knows what will happen this summer.&quot;</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/statuses/473129917937233922">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Scott Brooks on his job security: &quot;It’s something that I don’t even consider.&quot;</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/statuses/473130377460985857">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin Durant when asked if he endorses Scott Brooks: &quot;That's our guy. I'm riding with him.&quot;</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/statuses/473142324176748544">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Westbrook on Brooks: &quot;Ever since I’ve been here &amp; Scotty became the head coach, he’s done a great job of having confidence in me personally&quot;</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/statuses/473152298211090433">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Russell Westbrook on Scott Brooks: &quot;No matter how many times things went south...he was the guy that always had my back&quot;</p>&mdash; Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/statuses/473152317001179136">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

#1234 J.R., Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

51 pts to 5 pts(Derek Fisher only)...that is all you need to know in regards to why the Spurs move on and OKC stays at home. Remember when the OKC bench showed up for game 3...Cant believe this team let go of Harden, and kept Kendrick Perkins instead...lol

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

shouldnt have started Jackson...he lost his bench production. Also Perkins shouldnt have touched the floor and collison shouldve had all his minutes.

17. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

The greatest coaches can coax much out of their non-star players. You don't need to motivate or scheme for the star/superstar player, that's why they are the best in the game, because they are more talented. Pop (and to an extent, Spolestra) has always concentrated on making sure the bench is a great team too, and that everybody buys into the team concept.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

pure daggers

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If KD & WB are this obvious, Presti knows what he has to do. Won't be long. Maybe before the Finals begin.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

"Scottie, why did you play Derek Fisher for so many minutes and sit C. Butler?"

"Well, I thought it might be Fish's final game, and I wanted to give him a tribute."

"Yes, but the Western Conference Championship was at stake!"

" Well, sometimes you just have to do the right thing. We love Fish and wanted to send him off with some recognition."

"What?"