1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone to the Mavs? "High on my list."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JBIIRockets, Jun 1, 2003.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

2. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Malone to Texas? He will get booed even louder than from Utah.

3. WhosNumber1

WhosNumber1 Member

*shakes head* Isn't Dirk sf? *shudders*... lol
    Malone takes lafrentz place? Lafrentz off the bench? BLAST CUBANS RICH @$$!

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He won't go there; they have too many other scorers and we all know that karla's goal is to break the scoring record. Besides, his inside physical days are gone, now he's a ground bound jumpshooter.

I really really really hope that he goes there anyway and gets a mutomboesque benching. Yeah, Karl you were a great player, but screw you anyway, I don't care.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dude's gonna need crutches he's so freaking old

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Karl Malone, at 40, is 10 times tougher than the twinkie twin power forwards the Rockets have...

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We have POWER forwards? :confused:

8. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Where would he play?
    Nowitzki plays PF, La Frentz is an undersized C that should play PF.

Malone does not play that much defense either, especially helping defense. He never was any good at that.

Dallas needs a defensive center more than anybody else.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When did we get power forwards :confused:

10. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

He'd play PF, Dirk would play SF, Fin the 2. Nellie has always said that Dirk will end up as a 3 anyway. Until a trade Raef and Bradley will man the middle with Raef out of position. Positions don't matter as much with the Mavs anyway as they do with other teams. They have very versatile players. At the end of games they'd probably play Nick, Nash, Fin, Malone, and Dirk at C most of the time. If they can't get PJ Brown, then Malone would be good, much better than what they have right now.

Personally, I'd like to see a sign and trade for Elton Brand, even if they had to give up Finley.

11. Asian Sensation

We've got a couple of Power-Less forwards.. Don't know about any power forwards though.

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Rogaine has 3 choices:

Lakers
    Mavs
    Spurs

Everything else is a waste of time. Dude can still ball, but it still doesnt change the fact that I will always hate him with a passion.

:mad:

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Malone isn't even much of a "banger" anymore. He can't jump, and went for 19 and just less than 8 last year. 8 rebounds a game? hell Cato gives you 6 in 20 minutes a game.

If anything, the Mavericks get Slower and less mobile defensively and offensively with hm in the line up. Lafrentz, Nowizitski and Malone? THat's a joke of a front line on defense.

Malone h as slipped, and slipped badly. Next year he will be even worse; He's dangerously close to the point where hakeem was 2 years ago and David Robinson is now.

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i dont mind the lakers or the spurs winning the championship but man, the mavs winning it with malone would make me ill. i hate the entire team more than anything. if malone went to the mavs and won a title, it would be less legit than the spurs' lockout championship.

15. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Malone would F up that team's offense and he doesn't bring jack defensively.

Come to think of it...I hope Cuban signs him.

16. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

i dunno man....nash and malone? depending on how fallen off malone is going to be the next couple years, i might not want to see nash having dirk AND malone to pass to as opposed to, say, lafrentz or bradley or whoever they have upfront that sucks.

and to think, people here were lobbying hard for lafrentz a couple years ago....ew. just goes to show you that sometimes, even we dont know what the team needs. that comforts me to no end in times like these.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Actually, Malone was suppose to get drafted by Dallas. Before the draft he really only worked out for them and he was house hunting and was excited to be only 3hrs from home. In classic mavs fashion, at the last minute, they chose Detlef Shrempf. Detlef turned out to be a good player, but Malone is one of the greatest,period!. Its amazing because not only did he slid past Dallas at 9, he wound up going 13 and that was before the 8new teams. Dallas would give him a chance to win the ring and still score his 15pts per game. He's only 2000pts behind Kareem.