1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

2. Amir's Johnson

Wow that is ugly.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I still dislike him for this

[​IMG]

I will still take him on this team as the stretch 4 though.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Drama queen.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I feel like I am in the minority when I think Lowry and Deng are not only more attainable, but would make us better.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lowry would really make this team go!

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You'd have to overpay to get Lowry. Relative to his otherwise fair value. At fair value why does he leave Toronto? Not that he's unattainable ... I just don't get why so many people keep thinking Lowry is dreaming of a return to the Rockets? He left on bad terms... Then had the best year of his career on his new squad.

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

You drunk? Because that was a bunch of gibberish.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

In all fairness, I just said he would be more attainable than Love. It's not like he has a great thing going on in Toronto.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Didn't mean to stop there. But, he left on bad terms, but it was documented that he regretted letting it get to that point and gave me, and others, reason to believe he would consider coming back.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

On the whole "Love can't talk about Harden's defense cause he plays no defense either" thing. Keep in mind people generally see virtue in others doing things they cannot do. If you lack a certain quality, you place more value in people who have these. So it's hardly a surprise that he's not enamored with Harden. Heck, I probably am enamored with Rondo for mostly the same reasons. He's the type of PG the Rockets have NEVER had. He's tall, long, defensive beast with great passing skills. All of which have been sorely lacking in Rockets history(Lowry comes closest but he's not nearly as elite as Rondo in height, defense, and passing). So I value him higher than he really should be.

Personally while I do like Love, I'm not as gung ho on the guy as the Rockets seem to be based on rumors. I like Melo nearly as much, Rondo very much, and even if all of them don't come, I still like this team. So if Love doesn't want to play for the Rockets, so be it. This isn't like Dwight last year. If he had gone elsewhere, I would've been crushed for the entire summer.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Did I miss something where KLove said that Harden and Howard weren't winners?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only word from cyberx

#793 J.R., May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Defensive RPM is based partially off of the other players on the floor and therefore the numbers are sometimes skewed.

Are you aware that Defensive RPM rates Chandler Parsons at a +0.57 and Lebron James at a -0.28? Really?

According to Defensive RPM Parsons has more of a defensive contribution than Matt Barnes, PJ Tucker, Batum and Lebron. Budinger is also rated higher than Batum and Lebron.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Would be a nice off season, but that would completely tie us up for the rest of Howards prime basically. Would also be hard to clear enough space, and have them take pay cuts.

Both are going to want around 10 mill deals, lets say we can convince them to take 9 each, we'd have to clear still roughly 23.2 million in cap this offseason to get them signed.

Thats means we'd have to trade, or waive/let walk at LEAST ...

Asik
    Lin
    Motiejunas
    Garcia
    Hamilton
    Casspi
    Powell
    Covington

All those players, without taking ANY salary back. So it would be very difficult.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm just bit sure this is true.

The Rockets, at the end of the day, have to be on a very short list of likely targets for Love. Despite what cybrex might say, Houston IS the best fit, plus we have the assets.

We don't currently have a way to obtain Lowry. But that aside, there are probably a number of teams interested in signing him. I see no reason why Houston would be at the top. Is it a good fit? I guess ... Unless you factor in Harden as PG. Which is overplayed a bit, but to a guy like Lowry, finally settling into all star or near all star level play... Might be an issue. Moreover they do have a good thing going in Toronto. Not sure what they can add to that squad but as is they should get better. Their guys are all young and improving. Plus they're in the East. So no championships anytime soon. But super relevant anyway. Toronto is a huge, nice international city. They have the inside edge by far.

17. jamphus

jamphus Member

Love is correct on Harden.
    How can people bash you for truth like this?

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

That was me. We had some good takes on the Chron.com forum before it went all to hell.

For the folks busting Htown up, he's a good dude. He's been called LOF, HOF and just about every other label in the book because he speaks his mind but he always keeps the team first. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's an old school Houstonian. Not that my opinion amounts to a hill of beans but there it is.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I would stoop lower but I am bigger than that. Keep the nonsense coming childish one.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I appreciate the love TheJet. Lol im an idiot for not believing in a comment that was made by the famous Cyberx. I don't think Love is that classless, attacking potential teammates. Come on man , I rather hear it from the horses mouth instead behind the scenes source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.