1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] GODZILLA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 14, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I watched the 1956 version recently to get myself psyched for this. It had some lame love triangle angle, so this is definitely not new to this series. I'm still looking forward to it.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For those young and old who have not yet seen the new one and want to get pumped up:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Avc4AS3AvcA?list=PLAAD30B9523D89FAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And then the last in the series, review of Final Wars (2004):
    http://cinemassacre.com/2008/10/31/godzilla-final-wars/

3. BonziWellsGOAT

Me walking out of the theater:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Just got back from the movie...

i enjoyed it not sure why its getting so much hate

5. ChippedToothLin

it would've been tight if they went to htown

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

*fixed*

People are grasping for straws, expecting compelling human characters in a *f#ckin* Gojira/Godzilla movie... granted the first one is great work of art...the original Japanese film. Every Godzilla film after that was about the ridiculous plots, the monsters, and the battles ... sort like Transformers (Marvel/Hasbro), though not as technical and consistently canonical. The only annoying thing in this film is Aaron Taylor Johnson ... he was more annoying than the little kid in the first Gamera movie.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think some people want every movie to be The Avengers even when that would make no sense. They need action and funny and serious and Robert Downey Jr.

Where was the campy humor in Godzilla? Why didn't Godzilla do funny stuff like Hulk did? Why wasn't there a chick the looked like Scarlett Johansson in the movie?

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Scarlett was terribly underwhelming in the avengers, physically speaking... her appearance just didn't seem to fit that role/outfit...

Quite bizarre.... but it just didn't...

9. SexyButIgnorant

Loved it. Great buildup to the final battle, loved the human side, solid 8.5/10

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just took my two boys and one of their friends, we enjoyed it in 3D and kept the glasses because we have a couple of TVs at the office that can do the same 3D...WOOT

DD

11. platypus

platypus Member

Loved the movie, saw it in Imax 3D and it was great! I loved the cinematography, the halo jump scene was so beautiful.

Movie met my expectations and I have no complaints. Now to see X-Men next week!

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

watching the preview of tmnt in 3d last time and comparing it to 2d this time... I might say 3d is the best choice for me. Maybe I didn't greatly of this because no 3D.

I really like that turtle back hit the tank in 3D. That Maleficient movie looks bad ass 3d

14. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I'm confused on the negative reviews this film is getting here. I saw this past Thursday, and I thought it was a great film. I don't know what everyone was expecting after reading everyones review. It's a Godzilla movie not some academy award winning film. The pacing was great and enjoyed the the build up of seeing Godzilla go toe to toe with the other two monsters. Spoiler for favorite parts.

Overall I give it a 9/10 and sets the bar for upcoming Summer action movies. Better than Pacific Rim IMO and I loved that movie. Almost feels like I don't need a prequel to Pacific Rim after this :).

Seeing the first monster emerge for the first time and seeing how hopeless it was for everyone to stop it.

Hawaii scene when things can no long be covered up.

Obviously, the whole fight scene with Godzilla. His plasma breath AMAZING!!! Glad it was only used twice makes you appreciate it more.

Other thoughts:

Yes can nitpick at this movie, but you are just taking this film to serious. Just enjoy the movie guys lol.

I would love a sequel or two to this if you keep the same team that made it. No need for most or any characters to return.

Who wouldn't want to see Mecha Godzilla, Space Godzilla or many of the other foes from past movies. Again only up for it if the same people who made this one return.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i agree

16. moose

moose Member

Great movie, I regret not watching it in 3D though.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

dont

i watched it in 3d and it wasnt all that

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I loved it, don't understand the hate.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Liked the movie a lot. 7.5/10

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just saw it in Imax 3D with my boy and we both loved it.

He didn't want to go because he had no prior sense of history or affinity with Godzilla but he was blown away.