1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Smith: Several teams, like Atlanta, pursuing Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ming The King, May 16, 2014.

1. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Sam Smith isn't a reliable source of information.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Don't tell me, the offseason trade speculation has already started.....f5.f5.f5.

Make it stop, I'm not ready.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know Horford has the long history there, but the Hawks would be crazy to trade Millsap instead of Horford.

My view on Horford is his stats & skillset overstate his value and impact on team success. Just my 2 cents. I can't remember who they are right now, but there are 2-3 Hawks fans on the forum. Am I dead wrong or dead on about Al?

If he can't get Melo, I bet Morey's second favorite option would be trading Asik + T Jones for Millsap.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The only time Deron Williams has been any good was with Utah, gotta wonder if his "superstar game" had alot to do with Sloan's system....like so many other Utah players who left the Jazz only to suck on other teams.

Gotta admit I havent kept up with him since he went to the Nets, I just know that alot of folks say he hasnt been the same since he left Utah.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Dwills massive contract also comes with a 15% trade kicker. Hell no.

6. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Millsap please

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I will do a Milsap for Asik because i am frustrated with Asik offense. IT's terrible man. He is basically a 1-dimensional player. He's only good at defense and that's it. Slow dunker, has no quickness, terrible ball-handler, not a good passer, can't shoot anywhere on the court, horrible foul shooter. The worst of the worst when it comes to offense. Milsap will be a force at the 4. And now he can shoot 3 now. His defense ain't bad. He plays fundamental basket...box out, etc..

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Asik can play defense & rebound. As far as scoring or anything involving catching the basketball he's a complete r****d. If he's a top 5 center, then Brook Lopez is the next Wilt Chamberlin:rolleyes:

Aslong as we keep overrating our players our expectations will always be unrealistic for this team

9. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Get a mac...

10. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing to see here...

Sam Smith is very unreliable and the Rockets want to add a star.

11. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Lol wut??

Marc Gasol
    Dwight Howard
    Al Horford
    Brook Lopez
    Chris Bosh

Just off the top of my head.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Say NO to Deron Williams. I don't want anyone with a guaranteed contract longer than a year. Might be best to wait it out.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playin D and rebounding win titles...

I'll tell you what partna...barring injury, as a starter wherever he goes....Omer will put up at least 14 and 12 with 1.3 blocks/game

And I'm feeling salty enough to put a tipjar bet on it...just in that kind of mood these days. ;)

$30 for a great cause? You feelin strong? :cool:

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

And, HELL NO, to Deron Williams and his bad contract/knees....Just because he's better than Jeremy the Wicked doesn't mean squat.

15. FEAR THE BEARD

COME TO HOUSTON PAUL MILSAP

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this was his first truly 'down' year where he averaged 14/7

he averaged 21/11 his first full year with the nets and then followed it up last year with nearly 19/9.

maybe he is in decline now with the injuries and who knows what his motivation level is at - the nets are a mediocre team and their 2nd best or best player (depending on how you see it) in Lopez keeps getting hurt.

I think not having a good big man to play with hurts Williams more than anything - he had Boozer in Utah and he had Lopez last year and Humphries (who had a career year) the year before. This was the first year he didnt have a big guy to work with -- Garnett being a complete shell of the player he once was so his play and stats took a huge hit.

It would be interesting to see if he comes back and plays at the all-star level he can if he gets another capable big man. Every PG needs a capable big man to play with (heck Paul had West/Chandler in NO and now has Griffin/Jordan in LA)

personally a Williams/Howard/Harden combo would make me drool big time

17. Plowman

Supporting Member

Horford and Bosh are 4's .... Brook is overrated and probably can't carry Omer's jock.

#37 Plowman, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Asik helped out his value late in the season, but at the same time his contract is getting to perhaps its most difficult timing to be traded. I think it can be done (and potential for structuring the payments & cash allowances to trade can help), but getting a player like Milsap or Horford for Asik alone isn't something I'd count on guys.

I don't see any reason why the league has all the sudden shifted its thoughts on trading for Asik when we saw how poor the value was just a few months ago when teams could get better value with his contract by trading for him at the deadline this last year instead of this Summer.

That being said, getting either one of these two guys would be a difference maker for the Rockets, and they both have awesome contracts that allow even more additions to be made as well. Even if the Rockets have to add an asset like a pick to get a deal done for either guy, you do it.

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

No to Millsap also....We need more length and talent for the $$$$$.

Look, people we're not desperate.

Geez....

We're going to upgrade TWO positions in a serious way...PG and PF.

Rondo is the guy we need out top....and if not him a hybrid 1/2 (that can D up and stick the J) where we can go get a superstar 4 like.......

20. RYAN3053

RYAN3053 Member

Asik to Atlanta.
    Milsap and whatever throw away contract we can get.
    Then sign Hawes in free agency.

Hawes is more than capable playing backup center minutes and even sliding to the 4 next to Howard because he has a decent midrange.

Bev/Lin/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels/Garcia
    Parsons/Ham/hopefully not asspi
    Milsap/Tj/donuts
    Howard/Hawes