1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Indiana vs. (2) Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2014.

?

(1) Indiana vs. (2) Miami

Poll closed May 17, 2014.
  1. Pacers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pacers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pacers in 6

1.3%
  4. Pacers in 7

16.0%
  5. Heat in 7

2.7%
  6. Heat in 6

49.3%
  7. Heat in 5

25.3%
  8. Heat in 4

5.3%
  1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Pacers play the Heat really well, but Heat are going to take them in 5 or 6. Pacers haven't been able to score consistently in months, and they aren't going to get sub 40% shooting from the Heat like they did vs the Wiz.

2. chff1

chff1 Member

Look at this match up, and i suddenly realize why they fought for the second seat in the east so badly. the away-count advantage is unreal, so Miami win in 7 in Indiana..

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Pacers have the defense to slow down the Heat. If Wade doesn't step up, this could be a long series.

Ultimately though, the Heat will win b/c they have Lebron.

But if Wade steps up, it'll be a quick series (5 at most). If not, it could be 6 tough games, potentially 7.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who knows. After how bad the Pacers have played, they literally can't play any worse. Maybe someone on their team wakes up. Doubtful, but it could happen.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

for all this talk about home-court, is everyone just going to ignore the fact that the Pacers have been 3-4 (2-2 vs ATL and 1-2 vs WAS) at home in the playoffs so far?

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Don't worry, the refs will allow HIbbert's verticality to be all over Lebron.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Indiana in 7

My dream matchup of SA and Indiana in the finals comes true

8. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Pacers are waiting it for so long. Pacers vs Spurs. Sorry for 2 MVPs.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I think Heat in somewhere between 4 and 7

10. pacertom

pacertom Member

It's pretty clear that the main reason the pacers played bad at home very recently was that they felt that they could beat the Wiz or Hawks just by showing up, never feeling any sense of urgency, just screwing around until it was "now or never".

They have too much history with the Heat and yes so much more respect for the Heat that they are not about to slip into a mindset where they can just dog it against them.

Banker's Life Fieldhouse will be rockin', and you also cannot ignore the fact that the Pacers had the best home record in the NBA over an entire 82 game sample size.

It reminds me of the classic John McEnroe-Bjorn Borg matchups in tennis in the late 70s (yeah, I'm old) in one respect. McEnroe had the reputation of being the mouthy brat, the tennis bad boy, at all times. When he played Borg, though, he never said a peep. When asked why, he said that there was no way he could ever allow anything to bother him, or else he'd have less than 100% focus. With less than 100% focus even he felt that he would have no chance against Borg.

The Pacers roster was MADE to be a matchup issue for the Heat and I think it will be.

11. adobo

adobo Member

I'll reserve my judgement after game 1. Pacers have to win the first game, otherwise no way they will come back to win it.

Pacers can win it (since they always seem to rise against Miami), but it will need to go to at least 6 games (realistically 7). Can't see them taking it 4-0, or 4-1.

Heat easily favourites, and can win this series in a sweep.

12. pacertom

pacertom Member

If the Pacers hadn't won last night and then won a game 7 on Sunday, they's have started vs. Miami on one day of rest vs. 5 days rest for Miami. That would have been like game 1 of the Pacers-Wizards series, just a huge scheduling obstacle.

Now it's just 2 day's rest vs. 3 days rest, with Miami having a travel day in there too. It helps a lot, this home court advantage. Not that I expect them to win all of their home games. They will lose one, but then they won't have to make up for it by winning two on the road.

13. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

If they played like the first 2 rounds, Heat in 4. But I have a feeling the Pacers are gonna bring their A game for the Heat. No more screwing around and disappearing Hibbert. I still will go with the Heat in 6 though.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Hibbert can mirror his "Wizards game 2" performance of 28/9 for the entire series, Indy can beat Miami.

But if Birdman / Oden / Bosh cause Hibbert to disappear, then Indy is done in 5. Paul George, as good as he wants to be, can't carry a team against LeBron.

15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Pacers find their groove, win in 7.

16. Lihao

Lihao Member

rooting for the Pacers, i hate the Heat

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

This is going to be a good series!

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

MIA in 5. book it.

19. lalala902102001

I think the Pacers are getting back to top form so I expect them to put up a fight and give Miami some trouble. That said, Miami is too talented and too experienced for Indiana.

Defending Champs in 6.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Sorry guys, but I'm going with the upset.