1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets plan 'to bring in a terrific free agent', will 'be a lot better' next seas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 5, 2014.

1. Allegro

Allegro Member

Thanks for tracking it down.

So the Jazz wasted the two first-round picks we gifted them. That doesn't let the Rockets off the hook for making the gifts in the first place. According to the article you referenced, we could have gotten Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, or Anderson Varejao if we had kept the picks. We threw away potentially a ton of talent just to dodge a bit of luxury tax.

The Glen Rice salary dump is the biggest cheapout I have ever seen in basketball. My perception of Les has been heavily influenced by that ever since.

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

James Harden lead the team in assists.

3. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

I really hope you're joking with these comments. If you're not here you go. Rice, was traded September 30th along with THREE SECOND-ROUND PICKS IN 2004 & 2005. A settlement is reached reached 3 days later. Then to top it off for the duration of the 2003-04 season, Glen Rice played in 18 games with the Clippers. Shooting 29% and 18% from 3. It gets even better.
    10/10/2003 signed as free agent by LA Clippers
    10/27/2003 right knee injury, injured list
    11/15/2003 missed 5 games (right knee injury)
    12/01/2003 right knee injury, injured list
    12/10/2003 missed 5 games (right knee injury)
    01/16/2004 waived by LA Clippers

Need I say more?

4. BleedRedNation

Aslong as Lin is packed and gone our third superstar can be pete chilcut for all I care. Just get this lin out of houston

1 person likes this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Best SG and Best C can't bring this team pass 1st round, especially to the weakest rival Balzers. Be a lot better? Les just gives Rockets fans a hope and continues to sell his tickets.

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

Ironic. Aren't you the guy who does exactly that about Lin.

1 person likes this.
  7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Do you prefer a Rockets team that gives fans no hope and can't sell tickets? I'm pretty sure NBA fans in Seattle would have no problem accepting this lame team. :confused:

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, thats someone else.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

In before Morey clears up cap space and signs LeBron to shock you all again

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lop if only LeBron would leave Miami. He has that city around his finger. Plus with him and Riley and Spo they will always be competitive

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

I've been saying it all along. I think Lebron has his eye on Houston. Imagine this lineup: PG-Lebron, SG-harden, SF-parsons, PF-tjones, C-howard. That may be the greatest lineup of all time!

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Lebron is our first target and he should be. I just can't see him leaving Miami especially if they repeat. I would imagine he would at least stay for one more season.

13. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Put LeBron as pf and Beverley as pg and now you have a winner.

14. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

bah if having the ball most possession I can pad the assist to ensure most assist of the team. even I cant do **** I still can just hold the ball and dump it to others in 20 sec shot clock to enforce assists to achieve the goal.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good Lord this is stupid thinking

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

thats cool, except that youre wrong. when did pad and assists ever exist in the same sentence anyways? yep, cause nope.

17. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

SG and C positions aren't exactly stacked in the NBA.

18. Neped

Neped Member

because he plays the point guard at times.

19. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Ya know.. I kinda hope we don't get Carmelo.. just because we would have to many problems left to solve with no money to spend.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The "Rockets" are worth about a billion dollars, our owner is worth that and maybe half a billion more. To say Les is cheap or cares about making making a few million here or there is to not have a clue what a billion dollars is. Owning the Rockets is all about winning. That does not mean blowing up in the Luxury Tax every year and certainly not the Repeater Rate but I believe Mr. Alexander would pay a year of Luxury Taxes if he had a guarantee of expiring contracts to get under the line the next year, and I believe we do.

I'd be fine with another go with this team generally, I really like the players and another year of growth and maturity could yield some positive results. The only FA I would break it up over would be Klove next year. So that's how I would be structuring my strategy.

Does anybody know if Rondo can even run yet?

#400 Dubious, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014