1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

18.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

30.3%
  3. Spurs in 6

31.1%
  4. Spurs in 7

13.1%
  5. Blazers in 7

0.8%
  6. Blazers in 6

6.6%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is that gonna keep working though? I don't think Rockets fans are fooled any longer. Every season(aside from 2009) ending in the lottery or a first round defeat since 1997 is going to eventually turn people away from this team. In a way, it already has. Tickets may technically be getting bought up, but look at all those empty seats at Toyota Center in the lower bowls during the regular season. And that was right after they signed Dwight Freaking Howard! Imagine how bad it'll be next year after a wasted season.

2. PeppermintCandy

I'm hoping that the Clippers-OKC series goes the 7-game distance, so that the Spurs and especially Tony Parker have ample time to heal and rest.

Yes, all this because I am hoping for the Heat to not three-peat. And because I think the Spurs is the West's best hope to prevent it.

3. VBG

VBG Member

I think the Spurs are the most unique team in the NBA. The way they win has never been seen before. You could argue Detroit, but even they didn't use depth the same way.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao blazers

such a crappy team that got lucky in round 1. Lillard is overrated and so is aldridge

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

You have to respect what they have done. Is it more Duncan or Pop? They will retire together, what a great combo!

6. torocan

torocan Member

It's both, however unlike most Head Coaches, the Spurs are still a killer team even when Duncan, TP and Manu aren't even on the floor. That's all about Pop and the FO's skill in finding and utilizing their available talent in the best way possible.

Duncan was a key to the Spurs winning multiple championships, however without Pops I doubt they reach anywhere close to their sustained level of success.

Think about it this way... how many NBA teams do You know that will roll out the bench or have their stars go MIA and you're still worried that you're going to lose?

7. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

A week and a half? Are you ****ing kidding me? I wont get over it until we get out of the first round, however long that takes.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

0.9 Seconds, Aleron, AstroRocket, BabyClutch, BigBenito, BigShasta, cdastros, count_dough-ku, DaDakota, dischead, Dogtag, Downtown Sniper, dumbartonbass, Duncan McDonuts, JayGoogle, JonRetro, jsonic6, Kojirou, koko2328, LAFIRMA22, mfastx, nickb492, OrangeRowdy95, outlaw96, Pull_Up_3, qzanguyenn, REEKO_HTOWN, Ricksmith, RocketBlood, rocketman72, scolandry1, Space Ghost, SPURS, Swishh, warmshizzle, WinorLoseMate, Yang_Wenli

Take a bow.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Spurs are the only team in the NBA that is not only super stellar but rarely if at any time benefit from officiating. They play solid basketball based on smart defense and ball movement without the help that other teams get.

10. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Maybe the one thing that I can say about the Rockets and the leads they had in their first round series with the Trailblazers was just a case of them wanting to sit on those leads rather than keep playing the kind of basketball that got them those leads to begin with.

I certainly don't think the Rockets would lose each game by that average margin of 19.5 like the Trailblazers did IMO. I feel that the Rockets would have at least been more competitive against the Spurs than the Trailblazers wound up being. What I thought that caught up with the Trailblazers in their series with the Spurs was trailing on the scoreboard too much of the time.