1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets brass planning to discuss bringing in Mike Brown as an assistant to help defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 12, 2014.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

actually this makes a lot of sense if you follow morey's thinking that coaching doesn't make that much of a difference, especially if you're comparing one fired nba coach to another fired nba coach.

if you fire your coach in the middle of his contract, you still have to pay him for the remainder of it, while paying the salary of the new coach. if coaching doesn't make that huge of a difference, it doesn't make sense financially at all to be paying for two coaches if it's the least effective way to improve your team.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't condone what he did and I'm sure he regrets it. But he didn't actually call her anything. Second, when someone jumps into a conversation, calling you a "whiner" for complaining about something and saying "your a grown ass man" basically calling other members kids because they are complaining, I call that bullying. So he got heated and did the wrong thing. He wasn't the only person who was unhappy with that, he just made a mistake in how he responded.

You can't tell people what to post and call them names then expect them to love you. You should probably expect them to be mad at you. I knew that would happen and when I tried to warn her I got bullied myself. I've been in the same situation with another member where he was calling me all kinds of names and then when I said something to him I got into trouble for it so I see his side of it.

3. TheJet

TheJet Member

I agree with some of what you wrote here (although I didn't think she was bullying you) but I also agree with what Pollos posted earlier. There was an error in judgement on both sides. That being said, not all name calling is equal. I could tell you that I have a hot button for someone calling me "silly", and if it happened in person I may pour a beer on your head. That doesn't make my actions right. I've seen folks get called a lot worse here without responding in the manner that Pip did.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I still can't believe Morey said that about coaching, very disappointing.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

um...since summer isn't even HERE yet and free agency doesn't START for weeks try and keep a lid on your hatred for the Rockets and McHale and Morey ok ?

Just a tip !

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think it's bullying when you try to force people to post what you want them to or else you basically call them whimps. "Grown Ass Men" "Whining". That speaks directly to his manhood, so if he responds in the same way attacking her womanhood is he really that wrong for doing so? and if he is, then shouldn't she be held accountable also? Again, I do believe that they were both wrong, but instead of leaving it alone she escalated the situation, to where it got out of hand even when people were trying to explain to her why what she said was wrong.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Are you insulting someone for the color of their hair ?

Is that right ?

What color is yours Asian Sensation ?

I am really tired of these weak ass insults directed towards our coach. He's our coach, get over it. If you're so weak minded that you have to sling insults maybe you need to look in the mirror.

No Honor, no Respect.

Of course the test is simple: Would you be man/woman enough to say it to his face in a closed room ? Would you ?

Shame on you ! There is a lack of class showing on CF's, something we held up as a standard for years...even before it was Clutch Fans.

The original site. I wonder how many here even know that history.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I'd just like to know for sure what "Milk Hair" is supposed to mean. Whenever that phrase first popped up here, I must have missed it, because I don't understand the context.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You know what? You obviously can't let this go, and other people are quoting you so that I can see your posts -- so here is a rational response.

First of all, I did not jump into anybody's conversation. I posted that I personally didn't see the point of continuing to whine about McHale remaining HC. That guy had not even posted in this thread prior to my post, nor was my post directed at any one person in particular. At no time did I call any one person a "whiner." I expressed my general opinion that it seems fruitless to continue obsessing over something that cannot be changed. I'm not sure how that's jumping into someone's conversation.

A couple of people -- including you, initially -- disagreed with me respectfully, and that was that. No problem. You tried to instigate when he kept condescending to me on the basis of me being relatively new here, and I told you straight up that didn't bother me. He tried the oh-you-must-wait-tables joke, and THAT didn't bother me. However, the "hoe" intimation crossed a line for me. You don't have to understand that or agree with it.

I don't know how many different times or ways I can say that I NEVER tried telling people what they can or can't post. Nor was "grown ass men" a shot at anyone's manhood. I refer to myself as a grown ass woman all the time. My point was that DUH -- we are adults, so obviously I can't control what any of you post here, just like you can't control what I post. But we can offer our opinions on what is posted, which is all I did. Here is the post where y'all keep saying I tried to dictate what can be discussed / force you not discuss McHale:

Someone else (who dealt with me respectfully and has since bowed out of this thread) asked me why I was here/what I preferred to post about, and that ^^^ was my answer to him. You and whoever else chose to interpret my answering that person's question as me trying to tell you what topics are acceptable. The guy asked me what I would rather be discussing, and I told him -- simple as that.

You continued to come back into the thread and rather than quoting me or posting to me directly, posting instigatory things like this and then trying to say you weren't referring to me:

But now I bullied you? I'd not addressed you directly one time in this thread until you kept coming back to pile on and it was abundantly clear you were talking about me. The same way I'd not addressed that other guy directly until he started with me. I've not called you, him or anybody else a single name -- and if you think a GENERAL STATEMENT not directed at anybody in particular characterizing ceaseless complaints about McHale as "whining" should set one up for expecting to be called a "hoe," then we can just agree to disagree.

I'm over it.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A few weeks ago someone that obviously spoke very poor English, tweeted Morey and his spell check or translate must have messed up and put "Milk Hair" instead of McHale. From that point on, it took on a life of its own similar to Haren, Murray, etc. etc. LOF'ers from overseas that can't spell correctly in English.... funny stuff I guess.

1 person likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Grow a pair bro.

You sound WEAK

"WAHH WAHH ClutchQT bullied me!"

What the hell, you are being an embarrassment to your gender.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So... what the heck is going on in here?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Klutch QT, this is a misunderstanding, which you are continuing. I AM THE ONE WHO YOU RESPONDED TO RESPECTFULLY. I never said anything about you being new, you have me confused with someone else. The only reason why I am still talking about this is because YOU responded to me and someone ELSE responded to me, you are the one who cannot let it go, YOU HAVE THE WRONG PERSON.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you! A Blade Runner pat on the back headed your way. :)-

15. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Isn't "Milk Hair" a random nickname for McHale?? That was my assumption…however I maybe, I maybe wrong *Charles Barkley voice* lol

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So would I be wrong in this instance if I disrespected you the way you just disrespected me?

17. dxdx

dxdx Member

Woah, not to jump into something that doesn't concern me, but this is the internet right? I mean if I had a penny for everytime someone calls me a dick, I wouldn't need to get up early in the morning for work tomorrow.

Lighten up a bit.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That is exactly what I just said, sir. You did respond to me respectfully in the beginning, and I had no issue with you whatsoever. At all. The only thing I took an issue with was you continuing to come into the thread and instigating (IMO) when none of this had anything to do with you.

As for not letting it go, you'd already posted twice about this situation this morning before I even clicked on the thread. I'd not posted a thing about this today at all, until you accused me of being a bully. I never once called you a name, nor did I even call you a whiner. You kept piling on, and I opted to put you on my ignore list than go back and forth over with you over something that didn't even involve you in the first place. I'm not sure how I bullied you, but for whatever I did to make you feel that way, I sincerely apologize. I'm not even being a smartass -- someone referring to my complaints as as "whining" wouldn't offend me in the slightest, so it did not occur to me that posting that general comment would offend someone else. Ditto to anyone else who finds that or "grown ass woman/man" bullying or offensive.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Not sure what has been going on here but going back to the topic at hand I think it would be a step in the right direction bringing on Mike Brown as an assistant coach. Brown to me seems to be one of those guys who are great at being an assistant where they can focus on what they do best without having to worry about the rest of the things that come with being a head coach. giving his background and experience with defense he could be a huge addition to the coaching staff - one that is sorely lacking. His resume as a coach will mean he will demand some respect as well when holding players accountable for their assignments.

the big question will be is if he will want to go back being an assistant - its definitely a step back career and ego wise.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Depends, are you going to curl up into a ball and cry?