1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets plan 'to bring in a terrific free agent', will 'be a lot better' next seas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 5, 2014.

1. craguin

craguin Member

2. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

If he's another terrific hero-ball iso player, that would indeed be very "terrific".

3. munco

munco Member

We have a lot of talent and getting more talent is great but if you don't have a half decent coach then you can only go so far. Instead of focusing on landing a terrific free agent why don't we focus on landing a guy that can get the most out of our players? We have top 5 talent already.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Leslie Alexander only wants to sell his tickets, no care championship at all. Morey as well.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Gifted the best SG in the league two years ago.

Gifted the best C in the league last year.

Now in the position to add another one and our terrible ass fans do nothing but whine like little b****es.

Absolutely the worst fan base in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You have no right to decide who is a good fan and who isn't. All it does is make you look like an arrogant POS.

Besides, its pretty clear that some on here would eat squirrel feces if Morey told them to.

1 person likes this.
  7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

If you need another superstar just to get pass round 1, then I have no faith in the so called Moreyball. What an irony, the suppose basketball analytics that brings out the best in average or below average players can not find ways to synergize their 2 superstars and seek another one to break through 1st round? Looks like you are just relying on talent other than analytics.

This is totally the opposite of Moneyball...

8. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Why do you assume you're quoting a Houston Rockets fan?

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Welcome to the realities of the western conference. It has nothing to do with moneyball.

It's a crapshoot even for the team that will eventually make it to the finals.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stupid post deserved that reply. Relax.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No...the most disappointed fan base in the NBA. And one of its longest-suffering.

Nothing like your arrogance to make our day. Lest it be the ignorance you apply on top of it with the "McHale is a good coach" posts that you and your Lannister twin jtr used to give us before the playoffs exposed all that nonsense like a flasher at Kroger's.

"Gifted the best SG....gifted the best C"....and no one forgot to wake that SG from his Colorado-and-Treasures stupor. "James, wake up, man. The playoffs started."

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think what has happened has anything to do with Moreyball but rather the players not buying in fully. That's why we got knocked out.

We don't need another star to get out of the first round as much as need another star and a few bench players to contend.

13. lastreg

lastreg Member

Been rockets fan since early 2000, I have to agree with this. The owner just went cheap as much as he could, never really want to spend money and get decent talents.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Not buying in what exactly, is not like we were trying to play within a system

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm assuming you've been a Rockets fan since 2002.

Yeah, Les Alexander is a cheap owner.

:eek:

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Complete opposite of the truth in my opinion. Of course he wants to sell tickets, that's how he makes money. But when it comes to talent and spending money to try and at least get it, he has proven he will and has. End of the day sometimes all you can do as an owner and especially a GM is pitch your team to a players. Beyond that it's sometimes out of your control.

Anytime a big name has hit the market we have tried to go after them.

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think a more expedient and far cheaper way to improve the team would be to search for an upper - echelon coach.

I am reminded of when the Lakers assembled Dwight/Nash and then went out and hired the mediocre D'Antoni.

I would think the Houston job would be very attractive. Dwight/Harden and a GM willing to explore options to improve the roster even more sounds like a pretty good gig. We needn't relegate ourselves to McHale - especially when we had the option year.

18. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i remember larsv absolutely ripped into a guy for saying he didn't think the rox would get out of the first round mid-season. he called him a "bad fan" and "not a true fan." and would have no arguments about it...and just kept going on. when all that guy said was based on our play, he didn't think we'd get out of the first. not that he's wishing for us to lose in the first round. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE between rational and unbiased versus biased. it doesnt mean one fan is better than the other.

in larsv mind, if you don't believe

a.) howard and harden are top 5 players
    b.) the rockets are a lock to win the championship
    c.) morey is a god who has never made a mistake
    d.) lin is the cause of all our problems

then you aren't a real rox fan. he's the truest of all rockets fan because he believes all these things and can judge everyone accordingly.

delusional fans like him that are hypocrites in almost everything they say...don't really analyze what is being said, but moreso focused on constantly judging other people's intentions/posts against his holy standards of what a rockets fan is...what can make our fans look bad.

we have the worst fans on the board? look in the ******* mirror for the ring leader of that statement.

19. Allegro

Allegro Member

Not so fast. Remember that in 2003 the Rox sent Glen Rice and two first round picks to Utah just so they could avoid the luxury tax on Rice's contract? That is what I call seriously cheaping out.

I forget what those first-round picks became. Does anyone know?

But I do recall that losing Rice left a big hole in our lineup.

Tried how hard? Just barely hard enough to sell season tickets?

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/4/30/4269094/utah-jazz-history-lesson-part-deux

Not exactly an earth shattering move, either way.