1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

^THIS^

2. chimera34

chimera34 Member

b/c people take advantage of anonymous polls...or at the very least some idiot decides to be a jerk. Sometimes the admins gotta do what he's gotta do and I agree with it. I find it hilarious and yet disappointing that someone would go outta their way to do that.

The idiot not only makes a bad name for LOFs but creates a complete polar response which then brings out the ugliness in such fights such as race...this is why I'm tired of such threads and I wish we could just talk about basketball without things like skin color or name calling or unnecessary insults.

3. hollywoodMarine

So... maybe this is actually a good thing? Like those few crazy LOF's can be pretty bad... but then there aren't actually that many of them in total? I feel much better knowing it's like a couple guys running some script, than actually thousands of crazy fanatics flooding the poll.

And yes, some LOF's are also definitely trolls who just want to ruin a good forum.

4. elliotquine

elliotquine Member

What a breach of trust

Wow, I have never seen an administrator of a fan site goes out of his way to prove a point including breaching the trust of its users. What a shame.

5. Stats

Stats Member

It seems to prove less that a huge contingent of LOFs exist than that some guy out there has too much time on his hands and wrote a script.

There are certainly some unreasonable Lin fans on this site, but it's become fashionable these days to win arguments by calling someone a LOF or LOH. And if that doesn't get the job done, repeatedly saber rattle on the imaginary hordes of LOFs.

The fact that so many posters are forced to begin any defense of Lin or criticism of other players with "I'm not a Lin fan and I think he's an average player" is an indication of the loss of integrity on this forum.

Not many data or analytics posts anymore, which is what I personally enjoyed about this forum. But apparently data can now be discounted by a hurl of "LOF" or "LOH" too now. So why bother doing the work?

1 person likes this.
  6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Shameful enough to make LOF's offended enough to leave the site and take all the LOH's with them too?.......yeah I'm good with that.

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

First time on the internet I take it? And what point was he proving? That people take advantage of anonymous polls and cheap bot tricks? Oh my, the horror.

The admins here let a LOT more go than many other forums.

8. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

What of the fan who decided to script a bot to boost votes for Lin?

9. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

No wonder. I think everyone was perplexed by the results.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who the hell is this Newb insulting one of us 99ers
    Especially the first 99er

Clutch is regulating

11. hollywoodMarine

People are not going to come away from this thinking "if it's just one or two LOF's, maybe this means there aren't actually that many irrational Lin fanatics flooding the polls?" if that's what you're implying. :(

I've wanted to post so new regression results for some time now, but been way too busy with school lately. I will get to it in June hopefully :cool:

Regardless how you judge Clutch's actions, shouldn't an administrator to such a great forum still be held to higher standard? That is, defending him by comparing how much worse Lin extremists may not really be that great a defense.

12. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Guys really need to take this results with a grain of salt, some of the people voted yes were old timers and obviously trolling.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Beautiful, Clutch. Just what I expected to see, except for a surprise here and there, although one might have expected a higher number of "Yes" votes based on the endless posts from some members that seem to be about Jeremy and not much else. Some of those members didn't vote one way or the other. Interesting! Thanks. You made my day. :-D-

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I used to enjoy coming here to talk about basketball, BUT this has become the attitude of the majority here:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/5H-WM5wmvwM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/5H-WM5wmvwM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

15. orochiyao

orochiyao Contributing Member

youre comparing leaking sensitive info to publicizing the results of a ****ing internet forum poll. look at how stupid you are

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He will never stop exposing the truth

Obviously you can't handle the truth

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Clutch, I seriously suggest you save those usernames, and ban those who voted yes altogether once Lin is shipped out.

Funny thing is, as collateral damage, many certified non-LOF trolls (I wouldn't dare to use other term, coz you and other administrators have declared officially there are no haters) will be shipped out as well. Trolls voting in trolling thread, how fitting! With your help, such threads simply live a lot longer.

As I said a few months ago, I always think Lin is overpaid for his performance and skills set, and I totally understand that the organization would ship him out as soon as they get a chance. But I said I only hoped that Lin and the Rockets team part their ways in a not too ugly manner. After all, as a person, as a player, Lin has tried everything within his capability to help the team. He simply accepted Les' money, he didn't have control over his fans or trolls targeting him.

Well, as you can see, it's not possible. It's not even off-season yet, but it's just getting uglier every single day. Of course, nobody hates him, just the fault of his irrational yes-voting fans. Nasty and ugly, in the name of the Holly Team.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Same here. I moved away from Houston a year after the repeat. It was hellish to get any Rockets news back then. There was always some flashes of the glory days after Dream's tr...retirement, but we were never relevant in the league as much as we thought we were. So many boneheaded mistakes or terrible breaks (literal) without the poise, leadership, and luck of a champion when we needed it.

Makes me sad to think about it though the Astros at least flirted with contention for a solid period.

Oh well, I'm stuck for the long haul...

The real shame was how the stats deflated from 6000+ total votes to what you see now.

Clutch is fairly grounded for what he's accomplished here. He just doesn't tolerate outright bull**** so well.

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The short answer is "no".

However...were Lin to leave, I would root for him and follow him even still, just as I root for all former Rocket players who play for other NBA teams. For example...should Lin play for say the New Jersey Nets, and come to Toyota Center to play against the Rockets, I should hope Lin scores 30+ points, dishes out 10+ assists, yet the Rockets pull out the W. As a good Rockets fan I root for all Rockets players, past and present, and would wish for Jeremy to have a kick a** season wherever he goes.

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

I just checked back to see what's going on.

Then I saw the changed in votes.

Good job Clutch.

I was disappointed there for a second on the massive amount of votes YES was getting.

Like what you said, this happened before as well in a poll a year ago if I remember it correctly.