1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Lin leaving crash the Houston economy and destroy the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 11, 2014.

?

Will Houston lose it's ecomony and the Rockets if Lin left?

1. Yes, and every Houstonian will stop driving Volvos

44 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Yes, because Houston doesn't have a real economy, we are on food stamps

41 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Yes, if Lin leaves, the job market will turnover like Lin's ball handling

29 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Yes, Lin saves Houston fans money by not helping us beat Portland

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Yes, Lin spends lots of money at Houston strip clubs, the backbone of Htowns economy

40 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. No, because Lin fans are the dumbest people on earth

131 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's ok for Lin fans to criticize Clutch on his own site yet when real rockets fans criticize Lin , his fans act like Godzilla stepped on their village.

Just this thread alone dumb Lin fans
    Brought up

Houston's economy will fail when Lin leaves
    New York is a real economy
    Admiring clutch's hardwork and calling him a leader is nazi like

Lin fans always yacking like rodan

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Rockets fans are doc holidays
    Lin only fans are Johnny ringos

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

so bad, so bad i wanna make a thread titled "lin". the temptation is strong, can i resist?

4. noone

noone Rookie

This thread is as real as houston's oil futures

5. tinman

Supporting Member

You're here on a Houston board to disrespect the city.

6. noone

noone Rookie

Jeremy Lin is a harvard graduate and a multimillionaire professional basketball player. He's better than you.

7. redglare92

redglare92 Member

There is a very secret white paper that has been written about the very same subject.

Maybe not so secret now.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The Houston economy is already headed for a crash, by overbuilding way beyond the suburban sprawl, the supply of housing has already overtaken real demand. Once interest rates start to rise, you will see entire blocks of empty, unsold homes that won't contribute to the property tax base. This will
    stretch city services thin (It costs more tax $$$ to provide health, fire, and police services to a spread out population, than a centralized urban area.) and you'll end up with cutbacks for hospitals and schools.

You can make the argument that there is enough legal and illegal immigration from Mexico and Latin America to fill up those empty houses. But the economy and living standards in those countries has been improving by leaps and bounds every year. Immigration into the US has been slowing, and eventually might even reverse as guest workers find more opportunity in their home countries.

People think that the energy boom will sustain economic growth along the Gulf of Mexico ... but the energy economy is extremely volatile and CYCLICAL. The price of petroleum and gas may fall drastically when OPEC and non-OPEC nations ramp up production, and new sources are discovered in the Arctic region, Africa, and Brazil. The widening of the Panama canal will lead to a regional shift in oil refining and production jobs to Latin America where it is cheaper and environmental laws are lax.

So no, causation does not lead to correlation. Your economy will crash, but not necessarily because the rooster crowed.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

None of those things automatically qualify you as being better than someone.

Plenty of other descriptors you could have used to describe Lin as being better than someone.

Generous, moral, humble, charitable?

10. chimera34

chimera34 Member

Good sir, I wonder sometimes how old you are...you have childish moments of juvenile bickering yet you know enough of the old days to make me wonder.

I've rode through all the Rockets moments...all the ups and downs. I agree Rockets were rarely nationally televised back in the day so it was hard to follow when you moved out of Houston like I did. So when I first learned of clutchfans or clutch city...it was a great way to read about the Rockets and really stay connected beyond just the game recaps, few highlights, and box scores. I thought hell Clutch is exactly someone I could share a couple brews with while talking about Rockets non-stop. I still do...

Thats what clutchfans is suppose to be...a place to connect. Not a place to start antagonizing people and calling people names. For LOFs, if they don't get it, you just ignore and move on. If they fall into the childish insults and juvenile bickering then hopefully admins kick them out. Same with any other irrational fan out there...but my god, stop with the bickering cause it just becomes a bunch of chirping birds trying to ruffle feathers and prove who's the alpha male. The whole forum is covered with idiotic polls and threads that clutter few of the decent things I or any other fan I'm sure would like to read.

If you still want to play the troll card, then I guess you win...I will quit trying to reason with you since you are acting like some of the LOFs I see here...

11. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

leave him alone. he's uncle scrooge or mr grinch. lol pick one.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Can somebody please put an end to this thread? This is just disgraceful; D&D type discussions.

13. noone

noone Rookie

I am obsessed with Jeremy Lin. I think Jeremy Lin should be cloned millions of times and we can have a race of Jeremy Lins.

14. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You re from Los Angeles dude.
    What do you know about Houston ?

16. noone

noone Rookie

What we can clone a team of Jeremy Lin. We can have center Jeremy Lin, Power forward Jeremy Lin, Small Forward Jeremy Lin, Scoring guard Jeremy Lin, Point Guard Jeremy Lin, 6th, 7th, 8th men Jeremy Lin, owner Jeremy Lin, and General Manager Jeremy Lin. I would even include coach Jeremy Lin but that is an improvement.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers will never be loFs or any ofs

It was written

18. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I feel sad for people posting in this thread,

19. noone

noone Rookie

I'm upset someone made a thread about me to belittle me to their kin. The OP can't even tell the truth.

20. mesta

mesta Member

Based on noone's ignorant and clueless comment on oil and gas are, imo i think noone is not old enough to drive a car. Tinman is from 1999,and has heated argument with someone half his age i lol at that. It might turn out that noone is tinman's son or daughter