1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which player should the Rockets chase this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, May 7, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which player should the Rockets chase this summer?

1. Rajon Rondo

21.7%
  2. Carmelo Anthony

20.9%
  3. Kevin Love

50.4%
  4. None

7.0%
  1. acjeitherocket

this.......

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's funny the Rockets team have never EVER seem to find a superstar at the PF position even dating back to Yao's era...the superstars tend to either play at Center, PG or SG position. At the 4, it's always the Chuck Hays, Carl Landry, Scola, Greg Smith, T Jones, Terrence Morris...you know the undersized PF that we're pretty used to by now. We need a Zak Randolph, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love type.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's no need to choose because Morey will take any of those 3. Although, and this is only speculation on my part, I do believe he values then 1. Love, 1A. Melo, 3. Rondo.

Personally, I would prefer Rondo unless the Celtics asks for gazillion picks plus Parsons and Asik.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Love, Melo, Bosh, Dirk, Rondo, Milsap, Lowry, Randolph, P.Gasol, Monroe, I.Thomas, Deng, Bledsoe, i'd be happy with the rockets picking up any of them, all at the right price of course.

5. txn

txn Member

Super Star Terrence Morris??? :grin:

6. Asian Sensation

1) Rajon Rondo (#1 wish)

2) PJ Tucker (I really like and want this guy)

3) Shawn Marion, Elton Brand basically veteran help/leadership

My Dark horse candidate if we can't bring in Rajon Rondo would be Greivis Vasquez. This year was a lost year for him since he played behind I. Thomas got traded and then backed up Lowry. However, the dude is a baller. He has good vision, can pass the rock, has excellent size and I could totally see him being a Morey-esque player. Think when we got Lowry/Dragic before they blew up here. I think Vasquez is capable of being a starting PG for us and I would be comfortable with that knowing we keep Bev as a backup and improve other positions ala (Not trading key pieces for say a Rondo or Lowry).

7. ryebread

ryebread Member

Love. His defense is ***** but one of our biggest holes was on the defensive boards and Love is one hell of a position rebounder. Having him clean up the defensive boards would allow Howard to focus more on blocking shots. They complement each other well.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Any offer that Minnesota receive for Love will still be there at the deadline, so it's unlikely he moves anywhere in the offseason.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

We were 3rd in defensive rebounding this year.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not true. Total defensive rebounds are inflated by our pace and our great opponent FG%. Defensive rebounding % we're 20th at 74.1%. We get a lot of rebounds because Dwight Howard alters so much but as a result get out of position for rebounds.

Kevin Love is perfect because he doesn't like to play defense and loves to grab rebounds. Him cleaning up the boards while Howard aggressively challenge shots is perfect for the team.

11. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Rondo getting that many votes is a depressing indicator of the insight on this forum. Worst player, worst fit, playing at a position of least need. He shouldn't be ahead of Other, let alone Carmelo Anthony.

12. Asian Sensation

Funny, I think Rondo is the best player, best fit and fills the position of most need.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

If we could get Love here.. What a team.

but I picked Rondo, We need an elite PG.

14. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I still want to pry away (and believe we have a much better chance of successfully acquiring) Horford from Atlanta before we have a chance of getting Love or Rondo. Atlanta already has their PF spot manned by Milsap who tore it up this year and needs a legit Center next to him, not another PF (Horford). I am 100% behind Rockets getting him and think we will solve most of our issues with that 1 acquisition. Beverley is getting better and is the real leader of this team, I don't see why we need to replace him.

Imagine the match up nightmares we would give other teams with this line-up

PG - BEVERLEY
    SG - HARDEN
    SF - PARSONS
    PF - HORFORD
    C - HOWARD

It would be like a damn video game!

16. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

I like Beverly as a person, he's such a cool and funny guy, but on the court, he is just not a PG material. He is a couple steps up in the defensive ladder than Parsons and Harden though.

But to say that he will be the one responsible for orchestrating a play or initiate the floor spacing for his teammates? Uh...no, sir.

That's why I think Rockets should get a season PG more than anything else. You know, one who knows team ball and won't add to the increasing hero ball tendencies that Rockets already has in abundance. :cool:

17. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

We do not need these players.
    What we need to do is to educate Harden, our franchise player, to play defense and to be willing to play defense.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Why do we only have to pick 1?

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

No to Melo, because we'd have to give up a lot, and his acquisition wouldn't address our biggest issues.

No to Rondo, because he's on the decline, injury-prone, a terrible shooter and ball-dominant. He'd just be a horrible fit all around.

No to Love because we'd have to gut our roster to get him, and while he'd be a better fit than Melo and Rondo, his acquisition wouldn't address our biggest issues either.

I'd like to go after guys like Bosh (probably unrealistic), Deng, Lowry and Millsap as our main targets. I think all would be great fits and would help with our problems.

20. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Kevin Love all day. Keep Dwight, Harden, and Bev. Trade the rest and draft picks, whatever it takes.