1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do you want in the second round?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, May 9, 2014.

1. asmoore934

asmoore934 New Member

I'd be okay with any of the 10 listed. This is why I think they should be trading down.

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Tuitt should be the pick. Again I think championships are won the in trenches, and Tuitt has been a high quality player for a couple of years, even tho he is undersized as a nose, he's still a big dude.

Defense should be the pick once again.

3. Fantasma Negro

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I want Nix or Tuitt.

I think the Texans might grab Savage.

5. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Agreed!

I like Tuitt, Hageman (compared to - see below), or Nix at 2:1. I don't see us going Carr, but I will support whomever they pick. I was against the JJ Watt pick, which is something I may never forgive myself for...

I'm not sure who is better between Tuitt or Hageman, but I'd take the best of those two and look for an opportunity to nab Nix (who may slip further given some of the concerns with him).

RaShede Hageman:

05/08/14 - 2014 DRAFT SCOUT FINAL TOP 100: 40/5. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota, 6-6, 310, 4.92, 1-2...Physically, Hageman has it all and then some, with a combination of brute force and quick feet that draws comparisons to J.J. Watt, the 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year (Houston). Former prep standout as tight end and basketball star, moved to the defensive line during his redshirt freshman season and literally grew into the position. After a dozen foster care homes, Hageman was adopted by lawyer couple, worked to overcome youthful anger issues and now, acknowledging his three-year old son as a stabilizing factor, is ready to become a 24-year old NFL rookie. Frankly: All due respect to dramatic and impressive ascent in tough life, Hageman remains a boom-or-bust prospect. He has ability to be one of the best in the game, but will need the right team environment to make this work for all concerned. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The NG and OT prospects look to be the best available. QB if there is one with potential starting caliber.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I want an OT in rd 2.

Wouldn't mind trading down honestly.

8. kunene

kunene Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yFp7yWPtGdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Very smart I think.

Nix,hageman, Alabama's OT/Miami's OT would be great(getting one of the four).

Carr/Garropolo/Savage-one should be avaliable with next pick.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

This guy is a disruptive monster. Don't understand why he wasn't projected higher.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y8kVKo5HiV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think we made a huge mistake not trading in for TB or JFF but I don't think QB is the right pick at this point. I go Nix and if needed trade back into the 2nd for Jimmy Gs or Savage if we really value them.

Imagine a front seven including Clowney, Watt, Reed, Cushing and Nix. I think we would automatically have the best defense in the AFC South and maybe top 5 in the NFL.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Mercilus, Crick, Nix, Watt and Clowney, with Reed and Cushing in the middle...down right scary front 7... only issue with Nix would be stamina...

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I hear the Texans pick is coming down to Stephon Tuitt or Marqise Lee, unless they trade down which is possible. <a href="http://t.co/W1GGWQASE9">http://t.co/W1GGWQASE9</a></p>&mdash; Charlie Campbell (@DraftCampbell) <a href="https://twitter.com/DraftCampbell/statuses/464805339796627457">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Really liking the idea of drafting Nix. Our front-7 would be straight-dirty; I don't even know how one could gameplan against us.

I do like Garoppolo, though. It'd be nice if he fell to us in the third, but I wouldn't mind trading up to select him later on in the second.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Who's the most talented player left on the board?

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Tuitt, Nix or Cyrus.

17. Rick Rambis

Rick Rambis Member

I mich prefer Nix to Tuitt. Tuitt just seems like a large body with minimal pass rush to me so he would probably come off the field on passing downs. I think Nix does display some pass rush ability, but is also big enough to be a clog in the middle of the field. The concerns with Nix are tied to his knee injury and teams likely know much more about that than I do.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The friends and families of Ryan Fitzpatrick,Case Keenum, and T.J. Yates would like to remind you of ... RT Derek Newton.

I suspect Garoppolo does not want to see any Derek Newton action as well.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You've got Clowney and Watt. Your main concern with your DT is holding the line of scrimmage and stopping RBs from going vertically. A strangely underappreciated skill in the NFL.

20. kunene

kunene Member

If we do pick QB next, I really hope we get Jernigan or Borland in the 3rd.