1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers' Robin Lopez after losing 2 games to Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamphus, May 9, 2014.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No matter how many shots you brick, you are always supposed to win when you score 110+ points, especially in playoffs, especially on the road. If you keep losing those kind of games? Missing shots is the least you need to worry about.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Who could blame them with the talent we have and they won in 6 games. A lot of people still don't get it, even though this has been staring them in the face since day 1 of the season. Mchale cannot coach. It's been said in interviews by former players, he is not that type of coach. He's like a figurehead for Morey's playing style which not good for in game adjustments.

When me and a lot of other members were saying this in the fire Mchale thread, the response you get is that we are "haters" or "coaching doesn't matter". But it really does. The coach controls the minutes, playtime for the team, he decides what plays they run and when they run them. The coach is also there to motivate players and provide leadership and playing style(identity). Some people say motivational speeches don't work but on a basketball team they actually do when they come from someone who you know, knows what they are doing/saying. "Guys! Guys! ball is sticky is not going to work in a game 7 atmosphere coming from someone who respect but know, they have no idea what they are talking about.

I wish we could all send Morey a message or petition for a new coach.

3. dragician

dragician Member

he's commenting on our offense when we lost primarily because of our defense.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Some people were touting them as a contender to come out of the West after the first round. I have to admit, even though I picked the Spurs in 5, I didn't the series would be THIS one-sided. It shows you just how bad the Rockets played. Portland never had to work that hard on defense and they got tons of open looks. It's no wonder they looked like worldbeaters after Game 6.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

revisionists smh.... they never looked like worldbeaters.... hell they really didn't even look like Rocket beaters.

The way everyone around here acts, you'd think we got swept in 4 lopsided victories.

I have to quit coming here listening to you crybabies.

1 person likes this.
  6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You kidding me? Moreyball just means threes and points in the paint and free throws. Has nothing to do with the iso crap mchale "runs".

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's really pathetic. The series was marred with questionable officiating and was close the entire way.

Watching the Blazers get called for fouls on SA that we couldn't get this series and watching the official swallow the whistle when the Spurs play physical is just unnerving.

I think the league made it a point to make sure we didn't have it easy and wanted to teach Dwight a lesson.

8. count_dough-ku

They weren't dominating the Rockets in terms of the final margin, but look at how many times they came back from being down big. Look at how they made all the hustle plays and big shots. How they made clutch free throws. And obviously Lillard's 3-pointer in Game 6. When a team has a playoff series like that, it's only natural to wonder if maybe we're seeing the start of something special(like OKC in 2011). Turns out we just saw an above average team take advantage of the mistakes made by an undisciplined, immature ballclub.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We lost twice at home in the first two games, I personally have never seen that happen. You also can't be mad at people for being upset about something that didn't have to happen.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

A special team doesn't need the help from officials the entire series. From horrible league admitted missed calls to outrageous league withdrawn technical fouls!

11. REEKO_HTOWN

We have a bunch of whinny p****s on this GARM now. I'm sorry. If it were 1992 they'd be calling for Rudy T to get canned and for us to trade Dream.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So instead of us being upset over what really happened, you want us to be upset over your ref conspiracy? yeah that makes sense..

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, that's not true.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

No I want people to stop knee jerking and realize that this team wasn't complete and EVERYONE knew it. The GM knew it and said so himself during the season. the OWNER knew it. The expectations of folks here were delusional.

1 person likes this.
  15. count_dough-ku

Stop blaming the refs. Yeah, Dwight got screwed at the end of Game 1. But he also got away with a foul going for an offensive rebound right before that. And last time I checked, the refs fouled out Lopez and Aldridge in that game and on top of that, it never should gone to OT in the first place if the Rockets could've gotten a defensive stop or rebound.

As for the Game 4 technical, yes it was a load of BS. But that's not why the Rockets lost that game. They had a lead in the 4th quarter that they gave away by resorting to ISO ball while not getting stops on the other end of the floor. And despite all this, they had the win in their hands and gave it away thanks to Lin and McHale not calling a timeout after grabbing the rebound with just over half a minute to go and the Rockets up 2.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is not a Knee-Jerk reaction. People wanted Mchale gone MONTHS AGO. Obviously we have no control over that so it's frustrating when the problem stares you in the face and you do nothing. Morey wanted to replace Adelman fine, but with Mchale really? What about Mchales past history as a coach or GM makes you think, hey that guy would be excellent for a championship contending team.

Not making it to the second round, losing in 6, two games at home, IS NOT PROGRESS. It's a fail. This team in capable hands is a 2nd round at least. So yeah people are going to be upset, you can't call people whiners while whining yourself.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

Tell me with a straight (Internet) face that while watching this series (I assume you have) you haven't wondered why the Spurs are getting away with more than the Rockets in terms of physicality.

I'm not blaming the refs but we didn't get the benefit of the doubt from the refs at all. Fine but doesn't make me think that our team sucks and Portland's is on a better track. It makes me think we have a young (younger than the Blazers) and inexperienced team and coach who will only get better.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As Coach McHale often said, "we aren't defending anyone". Then as Coach McHale demonstrates his strong words in action, Harden plays 40mins of no defense.

You all can blame Harden and other players. I'm putting 90% of our defensive woes on McHale.

19. ChippedToothLin

Does he have this written down to say after every game? That son of a bietch!

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Spurs do seem to get away more with their aggressive defensively style. Same with the Heat. Same with the Grizzlies. Same with the Bobcats. It's a pattern we have seen in the NBA for a long time. The aggressor gets the benefits of playing their style (on both defense and offense). Plus, if you really look closely, they actually play aggressive but very fundamental defense.