1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] (G6) Harden neglected McHale's play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamphus, May 5, 2014.

?

Was Harden spoiled by the team

1. Yes

89.0%
  2. No

11.0%
  1. calcium

calcium Member

I watched it again and I doubt it that Harden would have known.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Pssst, that guy is a 2010 member. So unless you think he's a LOF with a time machine, insulting Lin won't make you're point more clear.

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Bullard has said the same thing about Dream on one of the Rocket's shows on 790. Paraphrasing, he said that Dream refused to trap on pick and rolls because he had made up his mind that the big man is supposed to protect the rim regardless of what the coach said, and often didn't bother to even learn the plays, just run to his spot on the block and demand the ball. Sometimes it doesn't matter what the coach draws up, the players do their own thing, and when they are grown men making more money than the coach, the coach's ability to discipline them is limited.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

just stop right there

5. ekyrd

ekyrd Member

I don't think Harden is ignoring the play so much as he's been given the latitude as "the man" to call his own number whenever he sees fit. If you've watched throughout the season, when Harden asks for the ball, he gets the ball. So yea, McHale might've been frustrated this one instance, but he's probably also the one that gave Harden the authority to do what he did.

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

To me this why you need PG with some balls that will tell James and Dwight were to go. The thing about James and Dwight is that neither of them had a dominant vet to bring them along show them how to lead.

James in OKC was all kinda of done by committee with everybody defering to Durant because he was the best player they had hands down and the organization made that known.

Dwight has seen it glimpses with the Lakers for 1 year. In Orlando he was basically it.

I do think you need a strong coach or a strong point guard (who has a great relationship with his coach) to convey to the team what's gonna happen and how we are gonna work. Mchale is a interesting case to me because I wouldn't call him a strong coach because he doesn't back down from his players but he understands the politics of sports to because he play the game at such a high level. In the end for the most part he puts it all on them. I kinda think they are growing together believe it or not. Mchale as a coach and the players as leaders and professionals.

7. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

We are talking about Harden and his play, not Lin's.
    This is a typical knee jerk reaction of LOH.