1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden officially a top 5 MVP caliber player!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, May 6, 2014.

?

Y'all agree that Harden is a top 5 player?

1. Yes

95 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

119 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think it's unfair to knock him down a few notches since he didn't play defense and started off somewhat slow at the beginning of the season. The latter was due in large part to his ailing foot and the integration of Dwight into the starting lineup. But the former was an issue he never really corrected all year long.

2. HOUSTONROCKETS5

lol LOF's be mad!

[​IMG]

3. MystikArkitect

Guess they weren't around when we had Ariza and Kevin Martin as our top offensive options. Anyone who would want to trade or can't appreciate what Harden does for this team...smh. They should go write for the Oklahoman.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I can.

LeBron
    Durant
    Unibrow
    CP3
    Howard

And if I were trying to win immediately with no concerns for the future, then add Dirk, Duncan and Parker to the list.

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

It's amazing that some people see only what they want to see. And I won't comment about your "the poll doesn't lie" remark.

I'm not 100% sure I'd put Harden in the top 5 but at worst he'd be right outside of it.

6. nepopop

nepopop Member

Lebron, Durant and that's it.

7. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

no way harden is that close. dwight is a lot better. dude rocked during the playoffs and can clearly be face of franchise. a guy who plays awful d and mysteriously lost his shooting touch during the playoffs is prob not top 5.

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

It's not about the playoffs. Pretty sure someone already posted that the voting is done at the end of the regular season. And Dwight wasn't better than Harden. Howard stepped it up huge in the playoffs and Harden didn't, true. But that's a moot point.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Lillard and Aldridge should be in the top 4 then.

Harden is overrated now. No defense. Trouble going right. Does not draw fouls in the playoffs like he does during the season. Bad motor. Maturity issues?

Hakeem showed how important the regular season MVP is.

If Harden does not exhibit improved defensive effort this next season, then we should start making contingency plans.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

85 votes to Durant's 1200. Does that mean Harden is 7% the player Durant is?

11. Orange

Orange Member

Once again Rockets fans showing how stupid the majority of us are. O well this will be another classic example of a thread that will be bumped when Harden does something amazing like leading us to the championship and we can all laugh at the dumb comments.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Noah 4th???? What a joke. I can name a few players in the West that should have been ahead of him.

13. nepopop

nepopop Member

why would you trade him for Howard if Howard is already a Rocket? :rolleyes:

14. langal

langal Contributing Member

So if I voted NO - I'm not a fan and a LOF?

Is this what this board has become?

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

After such a massively disappointing postseason from Harden, praising him for anything feels wrong.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

F the haters.... He's how old again?

Nice to have you James... Now get better

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Definitely Top 5 since the award is only for the season and not post-season.

Even though he was really bad in post season but you cant ignore what he did during the entire season. One of the most clutch players in the league. Just need some effort on D and he will be a much better player next year (possibly Top 3).

18. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Not even close

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Are you kidding me? He scored 25ppg and lead all 2guards in assists per game.. and you're trying to tell me JJ Reddick and Oladipo are better?

20. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

This is ridiculous!
    Harden plays zero defense. He is not at the same level as the other four.