1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Exit Interviews...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Harden must have forgotten to set his alarm games 1 - 5

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Get rid of the coach and get a new one and you guys will be drastically better Rox...

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch

getting all these interviews alone is awesome. if people don't appreciate that , they don't deserve to be on clutchans

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Not being on the same page tactically?

Then that speaks badly of McHale's leadership. Means not all the players were sold out on the game plan. When the pressure mounts, they each tried to do it their own way.

So Harden goes iso and questions defensive assignments. Lin dribbles into trouble when he needs to call a TO. Dwight's posting leading to successive TOs.

At least they're realizing it takes playing together to win.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Here's what Dmo need to do in the summer to get better:
    1. Bulk up and make yourself STRONGER!!
    2. Practice with a defensive coach in regard of how to play defense. Learning how much force is needed in contact situation and how to give way.
    3. Practice hook shot with poise and not rushing
    4. And of course practice the 3pt shot.

6. daernoth

daernoth Member

If the Rockets starters are actually trying to put any blame on guys that didn't even get to play in that series, that would have to be the most idiotic and immature thing I've ever heard(regarding the possibility of Dmo scapegoating). That being said I don't think that's what they were referring to when talking about "agendas".

They should be putting the blame on the guy that failed to prepare them for this series, not to mention make proper adjustments. They are supporting him instead which I understand because they are loyal.

7. daernoth

daernoth Member

I like Dwight and he did great this season. That being said... its easy to talk about "being all about winning" when you are the star of the team and don't have to worry about playing time.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's much simpler than that.

1. Demand a trade to a team that will actually give him playing time.
    2. Put forth the same effort there that he put forth for the Rockets.
    3. Profit.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Forward <a href="https://twitter.com/Casspi18">@Casspi18</a> invites his Rockets teammates to work out with him in Israel. <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> is ready to go. <a href="http://t.co/iADEKYQXw2">http://t.co/iADEKYQXw2</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/463482037891239938">May 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Watched the interviews.....

The one thing I find troubling is that the players don't see the forest from the trees, in regard to tactical deficiencies, particularly at the offensive end of the floor. Defensively, I never heard of communicating on screens, as if it were an afterthought.

Doc Rivers drove home a point after the Clippers/GS series, that I think has totally been absent in the Rockets' psyche: TRUST. It's one thing to be "close as a team" (as what the players were saying), it's another thing to trust each other. I just think the Rockets are too much a "pecking order" team, rather than a "create the best possible play regardless of who it's for" kind of team.

Sure, the players will work on their games, and try to be closer as a unit.... But if they don't learn how to perform without the ball and set screens on offense and communicate on defense, the Rockets will just run into the very same wall next season.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol, trashpi belogns in israel all right, playing for Maccabi Tel Aviv

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Does Troy Daniels ever say anything not awesome?

13. keldraco

keldraco Member

i still dont know who d12 was talking about but there only 1 guy that contribute most to winning games...so i guess it him?

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

"Tactical" issues? Isn't that the coaches' job?

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Wait, we had a game plan? I haven't seen any glimpse of a real game plan all year. I don't consider "rebound and run" a game plan. I knew from the start of the playoffs we were going to have issues. I was really confident we would beat the Blazers though. However, I knew we wouldn't get far. We have no half court offense or defense. We certainly have no plays other than ISO and drain 20 seconds off the shot clock and then throw the ball at the rim.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny how players that get playing time even when they are struggling would complain about those with agendas that are glued to the bench.

Maybe a good dose of Popovich style of coaching would help get rid of those agendas.

:)

DD

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Doesn't Les Alexander know Clippers fired Vinny Del Negro and hired Doc Rivers... is Les looking at what the Clippers are doing to OKC right now?

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Great post man... One of the most knowledgeable and understandable post I've seen on this board.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Keeps coming back to the coach. Why oh why do we continue to a coach that breeds hidden agenda.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol dont compare clips to rockets. clips are stacked and every player passes. the only chucker there is maybe jamal but that's his role. they play team ball