1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Harden or get rid of McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, May 5, 2014.

?

Trade Harden or fire McHale?

Poll closed May 10, 2014.
  1. Fire Mchale

199 vote(s)
    87.7%
  2. Trade Harden

47 vote(s)
    20.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What a terrible poll. No option for keeping Harden and McHale, so it's a face-off of which would you rather be rid of. But, then it's multiple choice so it's not a face-off. What then do the answers mean to you?

2. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

His RnG doesnt work well in the PO, he choked many times in the PO starting with Supersonics (losing in first round few times, after being top 3 seed), later Denver. So no, I wouldnt like G. Karl

3. King901

King901 Member

More Linlove than the "rockets fans" who only love lin. Linlove for days.

4. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Yes... and...

Yes, well said.

5. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

Don't like Harden as a player, has nothing to do with Lin either I'm starting to dislike his game as well, plays scared all the time and defers to Harden to much. With Harden it;s the fact that he is a selfish player, I've never liked selfish players, never liked playing with them in pick up ball, never liked them in the NBA. Was never a fan of Iverson, Arenas, Westbrook, don't even like Kobe. Jordan had to be selfish at times and I think he's kind of in between, overall I think in his later years with the Bulls he was an unselfish player and he always gave 100% effort on defense and offense. THe new superstars of the NBA are all unselfish for the most part; Durant is unselfish to a fault at times, Lebron is a very unselfish player, Paul, Griffin, Duncan, Parker, the entire Spurs organization. Even guys like John Wall have smartened up these days and knows that hero ball doesn't cut it anymore in todays NBA.

Harden is the worst of the selfish players still current;y in the NBA, I would say that he is current;y the most selfish player in the NBA with Westbrook at #2. Doesn';t play Defense, insists on playing PG and handling the ball, turns the ball over in half court and pouts and stands there, dump it into Dwight and he pouts. IF he's not getting the ball he's uninterested, comes up court and jacks up a early 3 without passing once, yells at teammates like Asik for fumbling a 90mph pass 5 feet away from him, knows he's a nice guy so mean mugs him and sucks his teeth like a punk. Never liked punks so don't like Harden, thinks his **** don't stink, thinks he all badass with this beard and mohawk when he actually looks like Steve Urkel underneath it, dude was probably some self conscious nerd who was never part of the cool kids, now he's all "superstar" and thinks hes some badass. Immature, arrogant, selfish, proud and plain dumb. He's a dinosaur, his style don't cut it anymore in todays NBA, the Iverson era is over, the me me me, superstar BS is last decade and it never really worked then either.

Enjoy your "superstar", enjoy your selfish player and keep defending him because he's on your team, you will never win with a guy like that and quite frankly it goes against the true spirit of basketball, it's a team game, the Spurs, Heat, Bulls all knew this, Lebron and KD knows this too. But again, defend your selfish player and keep promoting selfish style of basketball, me personally I never liked that type of ball, never liked those type of players. Enjoy your "superstar" and first round exits.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So selfish that of all the super stars he is near the bottom in shots taken and usage percentage. So selfish that he is 2nd behind Lebron in assists for non point guards.

Is he a bad lazy defender? For now yes. At 24 years old I have a hard time believing he has everything figured out and that he won't improve in any other areas.

Like usual around here you are way overstating this pouting over everything bs. And insisting on playing point guard? More like he is currently our best and most dangerous option to run the offense. Bring in a real point guard and I doubt he handles the ball as much.

Really just a whole bunch of nonsense in that rant, especially the first round exits. You know you wouldn't bet a dime that that's all we are for the duration of Hardens time here. You don't like our franchise player, well move along. He's going to be here a while and for damn good reason. He is a special player and the vast majority of people here will enjoy our "evil selfish pouty" superstar.

7. Specs

Specs Member

Both.

Mchale can't control his players, harden is a terrible defensive player and a solo offensive player. No good will EVER come out of it.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

You people are disgusting.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, a guy like Harden (24) who hasn't hit his offensive strides and hasn't hit his full potential yet and you guys want to trade him...!!!

we all know he is one of the worst defenders in the league.
    but let's hear some trade scenarios:

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

OP set this poll up so that they LOFs would be well represented.

Also, Harden as an NBA player >>>>>>> McHale as an NBA coach.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let's just ask for World Peace while were at it.

12. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

[​IMG]

13. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

You can't just look at assist numbers, he plays a ton of minutes and yes he is a talented passer, he also likes to pass to players with only a few seconds on the clock which inflated his assists a bit. Don't just focus on numbers, in basketball its the timing and situation of when you do certain things that make a selfish player. Just watch the man play in the playoffs this year, he played an incredibly selfish game no doubt about it, anybody who is objective and knows and plays basketball knows what he did. Coming down the court and launching consecutive 3's early in the clock is a selfish play, it takes your team out of the game, it's just 1 shot on the stat line but it's different.

I'm a Rockets fan, I also follow the Raptors and a few other teams, but mostly the Rockets and Raptors. I want Rockets to do well, I want Harden to change, I think he still can and I see signs that he's starting to question things about himself. Hopefully he's just going through a phase but if he doesn't change his attitude then better to get rid of him. What he did in the Blazers series: his selfish play, jacking up early contested jumpers, his pouting, his lack of defense, his standing around after a turnover or lack of call from refs, his body language, not being in the huddle, his lack of accountability, I witnessed all of it and it pissed me off to no end, Harden really, really, really pissed me off by the way he was acting. In all honesty and objectivity it was perhaps the most selfish display I've ever seen in all my years of following the NBA. Whats the point of putting on my blinders and pretending it didn't happen, it did and if you're a fan then it's time to address it for what it is. The man needs a wake up call, he is still young so change is possible. John Wall was known as a selfish player early in his career but he changed, he plays a team game now, not for pride or numbers, I didn't like Wall before but now I respect him. In all honesty I think Harden is a tougher case than Wall, Wall got it early, probably 3rd year he changed his style. Harden by all accounts is still immature, hopefully for the Rockets he starts to play a team game, if he doesn't then I can't support him or the team any longer. I love the Rockets but I love the game of basketball even more, the purity of it, I will never, ever, ever support a selfish player, I find it repulsive.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

It would've been fool's gold... stop looking for short-term gratification over long-term success...

15. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Why would anyone suggest trading Harden?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden is one of the most unselfish stars in the league.

At times in the playoffs all he did was pass and people were begging for him to get more aggressive(which is why his effort was questioned...not his selfishness). He can be ultra passive at times, him being selfish seems that people don't understand that most scorers in the NBA actually think they can score. YOU want him taking that many shots because he's the best scorer on the team.

You mentioned Jordan and Kobe, two of the most successful SGs in NBA history and they were definitely guys who took a lot of shots and found success doing so. I'm sorry, if you can score then score. That helps your team out more and I'm sure his teammates know they aren't going anywhere with a passive Harden that would rather play pass around the perimeter than attack the rim and make things happen.

17. conquistador#11

i have a better idea. fire keith jones!

18. nchan

nchan Member

Easy answer but damn, look at the trolls. lol. This is what happen when clutchfans has a meltdown.

19. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

nah i would suggest to keep them both to keep fans on CF happy