1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calling for Cyberx..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

1. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs. Don't fall down the stairs.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

cyberx, what does Morey and Les really think/feel about McHale and the POR series loss?

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

F-CK NO! I loathe Bruce Bowen. That would be worse than bringing in Derek Fisher. One of the dirtiest players I've ever seen. I want the Rockets to learn to play hard-nosed defense. Not stick their foot under the shooter to deliberately sprain their ankle.

Bowen aside, yes, obviously the Rockets need someone to demand these guys play defense. I just don't know why it has to be someone like that. Why not Mario Elie? He has a history with the team. He was a tough defensive-minded player. And he never had a reputation for being dirty like Bowen.

4. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Harden did whatever he wanted with this team. Jones got his big break as well as Bev. Mchale loves Bev to death. So I doubt it will be those three. Parsons was treated like his own son and like you said, Dwight came here because of him. Pretty obvious any player who didn't get any playing time would not be happy, that includes the entire bench mob and asik.

Lin should probably be the most unhappy. Can't recall a player being yoyo like that with inconsistent minutes and playing inconsistent positions and asked to perform consistently. Being yanked with 0.9 secs left after a great defensive performance for defensive purposes tells you all you need to know about mchale's confidence in Lin.

For the sake of everybody involved, I hope Lin gets traded. That should make everybody happy.

The other person who would be very unhappy is dmo. I didn't see a reason why he didn't play at all during the playoffs. The dude just looks plain unhappy on the bench and much of the year. Wasted talent.

My guess is asik, Lin and dmo gets traded and Houston ends up with a nice all-star or superstar this coming season.

Garcia and casspi played like garbage and deserved to be treated like garbage. With the emergence of Daniels, their unhappiness is irrelevant.

5. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

mchale is the new ballhogger,

has cyber been correct a lot in the past? just wondering

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wow. Keep McHale ("he's a nice guy, we love him", all true but blah blah blah) but bring in Bowen, one of the scumbaggiest players ever to set foot on the hardwood. Why don't we bring in Flopton and Malone while we're at it? (Come to think of it, we could use their non-b.s. ways.)

What's wrong with hiring Mario Elie? Damn.

Oh, well. Better scumbags than teabags.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh wow... hadn't even thought of his name, but I did say yesterday though that they might shock people with the name they get to be an assistant. Bruce Bowen is pretty out there, but makes sense now the more we think about it.

Scott Skiles was a name that popped up in my head, but know from an assistant standpoint, he's going to tough to get since he's really head coaching material.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Jerry Sloan is also available.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

maybe, that's the idea--for Harden to be so scared of Bowen that he will condition himself to play defense all the time ;)

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes, unless you think vet members and Clutch just vouches for the guy for no reason. :p

11. izeroi

izeroi Member

They're thrilled. They're excited.

What kind of question is that?

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think the biggest question of the offseason now that we know K-Mac is back is what do we do with Parsons and why the answer must be Kevin Love.

I just don't see why a package centered around Parsons, Jones and Asik couldn't get it done.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Gotta be one of Harden or Howard, as they are the only two opinions that really matter. My guess is Harden.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I want to know if Morey sees McHale's flaws and he's just BSing us because he needs McHale to recruit the 3rd star

15. AXG

AXG Member

Who cares? What matters is results. I'd rather the Rockets play some sort of defense than just let the other team run past them all day.

16. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Probably Covington huh? :p

17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Wait for it...

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bruce Bowen? Harden is going to learn how to play dirty defense.

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Better than no defense

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what happens when you have a GM and a coach who don't appreciate Rockets history.

-tinman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.