1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard or Curry?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
?

Lillard or Curry?

1. Damian Lillard

62 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. Stephen Curry

129 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I think Curry will eventually be converted to a shooting guard coming off screens instead of handling the point. There is nobody in the league even close to Curry as a shooter. Lillard is a better ball handler and will eventually supplant CP3 as the best point guard in the league. I sort of think these two are apples and oranges. But imagine a backcourt with Lillard at the point and Curry as the shooting guard.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think if anyone is going to supplant CP3 as best PG during CP3s career (He's 28...still plenty of great years out of him) It will be someone like John Wall that has all the tools and is just learning how to put them together

3. downbytheriver

Oh man... you just don't get it... spacing, screens, FGA, team mindset .. it's about more than just possessions. Fantasy nba has ruined the current generation's ability to understand playoff ball

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol acting like you are some kind of knowledgeable basketball wizard when you didn't say anything worthy of thinking you know basketball. In fact in terms of this discussion what you said makes no sense at all

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Lillard isn't even the best player on his team, whereas Curry clearly is the best on his.

1 person likes this.
  6. VBG

VBG Member

I actually disagree with the SG part. What makes Curry so deadly is there is no one in history even close when it comes to ability to shoot off the dribble. Ray Allen, Reggie Miller were fantastic catch and shoot players. Curry has the off the dribble 3 on a completely different level.

Curry in a pick and roll with spacing is still his most effective play. He's still turnover prone but by putting him in the situation a ton he should keep getting more efficient.

7. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

2 different questions requires 2 different responses, poll is invalid.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Lillard is less efficient than Curry and I think the assists need to improve since he is a point guard. Still, I love the way Lillard plays and he is clutch, especially against the Rockets. I would personally take Lillard. Much better on the drive and thus can create his own shots easier.

Funny, the Trailblazer have the two positions the Rockets need to fill the most. Aldridge or Lillard would be a good question too.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Curry is better at finishing at the rim, Lillard's pretty horrible at it (like near worst in the nba...).

Of course, Curry was horrible at it a cpl seasons ago, so it's something that Lillard can work at.

He's basically become mythical at this point, people think he's good at things he's not because of a few games of absurdly hot shooting. We got reamed because we had a combination of an injured/sick pg (Beverley was visibly slower by the last few games) and a horrible defensive pg.

Curry is better than Lillard at absolutely everything on the offensive side except game winners, better at the rim, better at jump shooting, more range, better playmaker, their defense is well yeah (Curry gives more effort at this point).

That's not that Lillard isn't good, but the things he's great at, like his jump shots, Curry is basically a golden god.

#49 Aleron, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. blunto

blunto Member

The explosive, quick guys always lose a step. The shooters always have a place in the league.

Curry for "career".

1 person likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't play fantasy nba. Curry is better.

12. gregas

gregas Member

Yeah, Wall is a complete physical freak. If he manages to put it all together, and that's a big if, he might be one of the best to ever play the position.

13. Willard Decker

No. Curry was second in the league in assists this past season and has always been an excellent passer and facilitator. There was some uncertainty about which position he would play when he first entered the NBA, but he's proven he can play the PG position extremely well. Shooting guard would be a waste of his talent.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Curry is better in fantasy basketball too. :grin:

15. gregas

gregas Member

Exactly, I can't believe anyone would even suggest converting him to an SG. Being a great shooter only emphasizes players ability to be an effective distributor. It's not a coincidence that Nash is considered one of the best passers while being one of the best shooters of all time.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe that tells you more of what you need to know about how good Portland is vs. comparing Lillard vs Curry??

I dont know whose better quite honestly. They are both pretty damn good, and only going to get better.

However I will say that if I was a GM, Id probably be more inclined to pick Lillard actually because Curry's ankles sort of scare me.

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

All I know is Lillard hit 49% of his threes in a hard-fought playoff series with the Rockets challenging most of his shots. That's definitely a little flukey, but I do expect his 3pt percentages to go up next season.

If his shooting eventually just ends up somewhere in the middle of his regulars season averages and this series' averages then his shooting would be on par with Curry. If that's the case I think he has a chance at being a better player due to his explosiveness.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You were saying...

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol downbytheriver troll

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah. That guy is a moron. No one else "gets it" except for him. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Lillard hit ~50% of his threes against the Rockets. That is the type of thing that just cannot be sustained. If he shot even ~40% this conversation wouldn't even exist.

Curry is much better.